Are you looking for a cosy homestay in Kodaikanal where you can enjoy absolute freedom and devour all the homely comforts? If yes, then be ready to be spoiled with a plethora of choices as the city of Kodaikanal has several such properties that await your presence.
From lavish homestays complete with all the extravagant amenities to the one enveloped by hills and lush greenery, the city got something for everyone. Even if you don't want to empty your pockets over the accommodation, feel free to choose one of its budget homestays and look ahead to a peaceful vacation amidst nature's sprawl. There are numerous cottages, private villas, and chic apartments here which serve as a perfect substitute to the high-priced hotel rooms. While some of these properties welcome you with their rich heritage look, others will draw your attention with their panoramic settings.
If you are on a lookout for a serene homestay away from the city hassle, make your way to one of its hilltop accommodations and vouch for an invigorating vacation in the laps of nature. If your Kodaikanal trip is soon on the cards, go through this compiled list of top-notch Kodaikanal homestays and ensure a hassle-free stay experience for yourself.
People Also Ask About Homestays in Kodaikanal
Which are the best homestays in Kodaikanal?
1. Pears Garden Homestay:
If you are looking for a homestay which is well equipped with all basic necessities including a kitchen and a private sitout area then there is no place better than Pears Garden Homestay. This duplex homestay will ensure that you get rested in spacious rooms while enjoying the serenity through your balconies and roof-to-floor windows. Additionally, the homestay lies close to various famous attractions of Kodaikanal, thus ensuring that you enjoy hassle free sightseeing tours.
Location: W3/844/A, Kurinji Temple Road, Near Fathima Kurusadi, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu 624101
Price: INR 2500 to INR 3500 per person
Amenities: parking area, room service, airport shuttle, balconies and private sitout areas, well equipped kitchen, kids play area, bonfire and barbeque services
2. Misty Mountain – Cottages:
Surrounded by restaurants, shopping center, and tourist places, Misty Mountain Cottages provides a peaceful ambiance to stay and enjoy the soothing climate. The rooms are well-furnished, neat and clean.
Staffs are soft-spoken and super-friendly, trying to give the first-best impression to the customers. You can call them 24 hours; they will be available and ready to serve you.
When it comes to amenities, the most exciting feature is, they have a playground for kids. Families with children can stay here without any second thought. Similarly, for nature admirers, you can enjoy the rising sun view and mountains from your room itself.
Location: Kodaikanal Budget Cottages, SH 156, Kodaikanal.
Price: Lowest price starts from Rs. 2,800/-
Amenities: BBQ, Grocery delivery, Laundry service, Play ground, Free Car Parking.
3. Nature Hunt Homestay:
A place where one can enjoy the tasty home cooked food with a panoramic view of scenery is the Nature Hunt Homestay. The cool and misty weather, featured with colourful decorations and pleasant atmosphere amuses you right from the entrance.
Honeymooners and family tourists occupy the most luxurious rooms to get a royal feeling.
Some of the imperative services are Trekking to Kodaikanal, Local Tours, Cab/Taxi Service, Loundry Services, and so on.
Location: No. 7/4-10B, Sreenivasapuram, Kodaikanal.
Amenities: 24 hours power back-up, Sit out Area, Wakeup Service, Doctor on call, etc.
4. Stayglee Kodaikanal:
Stayglee Kodaikanal is a perfect homestay for a weekend getaway. Fully surrounded by natural habitats and small shops, this place is ideal for shopping and sightseeing. The homestay has all the luxurious facilities to delight their customers.
The food is amazing and just like the caretaker. Similarly, the rooms are also well maintained by them.
To get a break from your monotonous work, book a stay in Staylee Kodaikanal and have a pleasant experience with your buddies.
Location: Bear Shola Road, Near Hotel Cliffton, Kodaikanal.
Price: Lowest price starts from Rs. 7,770/-
Amenities: Hot Water, Attached Kitchen, Camp Fire, Television.
5. Kodaikanal Dreamstay:
Featured with two independent cottages, Kodaikanal Dreamstay is nothing but full of fun and enthusiasm. All rooms have attached bathrooms, water heaters, and a calm environment.
The lush green garden makes you engage in a nice conversation with your friends. Likewise, the playing area for kids gives them enough space to run, roll, and jump.
To have a simple and elegant stay, book a room in Kodaikanal Dreamstay now.
Location: 19/2, Abban Compound near Observatory Mosque, Observatory Road, Kodaikanal.
Price: The lowest price is from Rs. 1,000/-
Amenities: Complementary breakfast, Lawn, Garden, Play Ground, Parking Space.
6. Kodai Homestay:
Kodai Homestay provides a homely yet royal feeling among every tourist. It is one of the Kodaikanal Homestays, specially built for families and married couples. The homestay also has a private garden where one can take a stroll and enjoy the natural beauty.
The very location of the homestay is an advantage for all tourists. Many of the travel attractions are located within 3 km distance from the place, specifically, nearby to the upper lake view and solar physical observatory.
Location: 17/44-1 – VGP Hill Resort Swedish Settlement Road, Pampapuram, Kodaikanal.
Amenities: Camp fire, Travel Arrangements, South Indian Food, Laundry Service.
With a lovely sit-out/verandah, MistyCove Homestay introduces you to the good-looking lawn and the Kodaikanal Lake. Here, each cottage carries three bedrooms, with attached bathrooms and a wardrobe, followed by a living room.
They also provide the best South Indian/North Indian Food to their customers. Additionally, a snack menu is with the caretaker, who will be happy to serve you.
Please remember, a minimum of two bedroom booking is mandatory if you want to stay.
Location: Lake Road, Kodaikanal.
Price: The lowest price starts from Rs. 4,750*/-
Amenities: Indoor and Outdoor games. On advance request - Yoga, Meditation Center, Pranayama classes.
8. Lofty Meadows:
In an English design architecture carrying a rich heritage more than 90 years, the great Loft Meadows offers a safe and highly sophisticated homestay experience to its customers.
Unlike other homestays, Lofty Meadows is a perfect destination for families and friends coming for a weekend respite from the hill station.
The place is famous and significant for its traditional-look furniture and wooden floors, which is sure to take you back to the past.
Location: Milhaven Hill Top Road, The Green Valley View, Kodaikanal.
Price: The best price starts from Rs. 2,787/-
Amenities: Table Tennis room, Lofty Meadows Royale Dining room, Living room with a fire place, etc.
9. Bungalow By the Lake:
With a history of over 100 years, it is recognized as one of the first homestays in Kodaikanal to serve the tourist. At present, the building is highly decorated with attractive spaces and modern amenities.
Their 2 large bedrooms with panoramic views on all sides allow one to find the lake, the valley, and the mountains and cherish its pristine beauty amidst other tourist places.
Moreover, the bungalow has grandeur and simplicity, built by the British in the past. This very location gives you a pre-independence mood at the same time enjoys its vintage architecture.
Location: Observatory Road, Kodaikanal.
Amenities: Semi-secluded location, Balcony, Hot Water, etc.
10. Hammock Homestay:
Can you imagine a scenic place, mouth-watering food, and utmost comfort at affordable prices? Yes. Hammock Homestay provides the best service to their guests and takes a permanent place in their customers’ hearts.
It is a brand-new homestay specially designed to have a calm and peaceful stay. The accommodation renders 5 spacious and well-furnished rooms with a nice dining room.
The best facility is lawn party provided on request. Many corporate get-together parties take place here with full of entertainment.
It is one of the homestays in Kodaikanal where many new-age tourists and solo travellers come and have an amazing stay.
Location: Sivanadi Road, Chettiar Park, Kodaikanal.
Amenities: Room service, L.E.D. TVs, Sightseeing & Travel arrangements, Lawn party facilities with bonfire.
11. Hill Heaven Homestay:
An appealing place to spend time with your loved ones, Hill Heave Homestay gives a stunning experience to its customers at the lowest prices available.
Tourists, who come here, will easily get surprised with the kind of hospitality and services provided. Especially, the caretaker is best at taking care of the visitors.
This place is surrounded by numerous sightseeing locations and a variety of leisure activities to try.
Location: Bear Shola Road, Kodaikanal.
Price: The best price starts from Rs. 600/- to Rs. 700/-
Amenitites: Neatly cleaned rooms, Balcony and nearby waterfall, New furniture, and so on.
12. Amherst Villa Lakeside:
This breathtaking place has 3 bedrooms, followed by a living and dining area. Amherst Villa Lakeside is located at a distance of 100 meters from Kodaikanal Lake. It is brilliantly designed for families and honeymooners and ensures full comfort to them.
The staffs are unbelievable with friendly-nature and nice service. They also arrange an airport shuttle on request. Among other Kodaikanal homestays, Amherst Villa Lakeside is most-visited place by both family tourists and office employees.
This homestay gives first priority to customers and makes sure their privacy is not compromised.
Location: Lake Road, Kodaikanal.
Price: The best price is Rs. 15,000/- (upto 8 persons)
Amenities: Complimentary firewood in living room, Homely food, Flowery garden.
13. Serenita Homestay:
Serenita Homestay is a place to kick away your pressure and stress and enjoy the very serenity of the location. Situated on a little heaven, this place is yet another beautiful homestay for holidaymakers and explorers.
The rooms are neat and spacious, perfect for a nuclear family. However, there are additional mattresses and rooms are provided on request.
Here, the dishes are one-of-a-kind. They provide North Indian and South Indian cuisines on request.
Location: W3/937, Misty Meadows, Kurinji Nagar, Kodaikanal.
Price: Minimum price starts from Rs. 5,000/- for double occupany.
Amenities: Pick Up/Drop, Laundry, Arrangements for local sightseeing and trekking (additional charges), Bungee Jumping.
14. Annamalai Homestay:
Annamalai Homestay is famous for its staffs and caretaker. Surrounded by beautiful places and chill weather makes the stay more appealing than ever.
Their good breakfast, lunch, and an awesome dinner delight its customers and give them a good appetite. The rooms are also wide and spacious where a perfect gang of friends can spend time together.
Hence, if you’re looking for homestays in Kodaikanal, you should try Annamalai Homestay at least once.
Location: Flat no: 32, Kodai clouds n garden, M.M. Street, Near ZION School, Kodaikanal.
Price: The best price starts from Rs. 3,957/-
Amenities: Scenic location, Free Wi-Fi, Doctor on call, Power backup.
15. Shafa Woodhouse:
Are you ready to smell some wood? Shafa Woodhouse, an individual cottage constructed amidst the slopes of lush green mountains. The cottage offers a variety of packages including trekking, honeymoon, group and other deals.
Safety Box and Fire Extinguisher are provided to make sure a safe stay throughout the time.
To get a completely different room space in a silent canopy of pears, choose Shafa Woodhouse and get an enthralling experience.
The rising Sun is sure to enter your room and wake you up. Make yourself prepared.
Location: KPN Estate, Dolphin Nose Road, Kodaikanal.
Amenities: Free Wi-Fi, Free Parking, Power Backup, Tea/Coffee Maker, BBQ, Fire Camp.
16. Crystal Homestay Kodaikanal:
If you want to get the best services from a homestay, go for Crystal Homestay Kodaikanal which offers not only good and spacious rooms but also a warm service to their customers.
Right from food to daily cleaning, this homestay stands out as an exemplar. The location of the stay is best suitable to capture the sunrise and sunset, which will rejuvenate tourists who come from the city side.
Location: No. 1, Clouds N Gardens, M.M. Street (near KPS School) Building Society, Kodaikanal.
Price: The lowest price starts from Rs. 2,225/-
Amenities: Free Wi-Fi, Fitness Center, Airport Transfer (additional charge), and Lawn.
17. Enaan’s Holiday Inn:
An ideal holiday home for families with children nestled in the green highlands and hilly terrains. Enaan’s Holiday Inn has the most stylish rooms with all essential amenities including laundry, television, wardrobe, sofa, coffee table, and a balcony and fulfills their customers' requirements.
Moreover, the caretaker and his staffs are highly approachable. They’re ready to serve you 24 hours a day and give you the best holiday ever.
They also arrange for adventurous activities like trekking, camping, outdoor games, etc. Thus, if you’re planning for a family trip, don’t forget to book Enaan’s Holiday Inn.
Location: Convent road, BSNL backside, near Kodai Lake, Kodaikanal.
Amenities: Front Desk, Free Wi-Fi, Caretaker, and Security.
18. Najima Residency:
To enjoy a hilltop view, come to Najima Residency and have an amicable stay. Located 4 km distance from Kodai Lake, it works meticulously to get better customer satisfaction.
Some of the notable facilities are free internet access, laundry, balcony view, 24-hour hot water facility.
The place boasts of spacious rooms and a peaceful ambiance, where the travellers can quality time with their family and friends.
Location: Chinnapalam Road Naidupuram, Kodaikanal.
Price: The lowest price starts from Rs. 2,151/-
Amenities: Delicious home cooked food, flexible check in and checkout timings, and good location.
19. Mount Chalet:
With modern architecture and scenic location, Mount Chalet gives one of the finest experiences to their customers. The homestay is well connected to the Kodaikanal Railway Station and Bus Stand, making your return journey hustle-free.
To enjoy the soothing climate, one can have a nice drink in the bar/lounge. Similarly, a decent banquet space is available for a larger group of guests.
Thus, Mount Chalet is highly-recommended among other homestays in Kodaikanal for family tourists and newly married couples.
Location: Gate 18, Green Crest, Chinnapallam, Kodaikanal.
Amenities: Parking Space, Bar and Lounge, Restaurant, No Smoking Zone, and Banquet facilities.
20. Lilly’s Valley:
Lilly’s Valley, constructed in 1982, having an eco-focus and no concrete structures. This unique set of the cottage made of stone and wood is ready to excite their customers.
When we talk about food, you can have a simple South Indian cuisine in the garden gazebo with pleasant music. On request, you can experience an open bright bonfire.
If you’re booking on a weekday, you will be getting special discounts and other extra facilities.
Location: No. 17/178 Sivanandi Road, Kodaikanal.
Price: The lowest price starts from Rs. 4,863/-
Amenities: Complimentary campfire, door step pickup and drop, professional photoshoot (extra charges).
What activities are available in Kodaikanal Homestay?
1. Trekking – Kodaikanal location gives ample trekking opportunities for trekking enthusiasts. One can opt for an Elephant Valley trek, Dolphin’s Nose Trek, or Kumbakarai Trek and get a diverse experience.
2. Camping – The sought-after activity among families and friends is mountain camping. This soft-adventurous sport makes us a part of Mother Nature.
3. Bonfire – No hill station journey attains its peak without a bonfire. In Kodaikanal, the bonfire activity is very special and an integral part of every stay.
4. Motor Cycle Ride – A bike ride across beautiful greenery and the river-like route gives a top of the world feeling to all bike riders.
5. Nature Walk – Take a stroll with your loved one amidst a variety of flora and fauna. Kodaikanal is one of the places where rare and exotic plants and flowers can be spotted.
In case of doubts, homestays in Kodaikanal will help you with local guides and experts.
Which area has the largest number of Homestays in Kodaikanal?
1. Bear Shola Road – Located 2 km from Kodaikanal Bus Stand, it has the most famous and luxurious homestays in Kodaikanal. Tourists get a great weekend respite here.
2. Lake Road – Situated at a distance of 2.8 km from Kodaikanal Bus Stand, Lake Road embraced with the most exquisite homestays where one can get the lake-side view.
3. M.M. Street – This place is having the next largest number of homestays in Kodaikanal. It covers all range of cottages like apartment, villa, wooden house, etc.
Some of the other areas having the largest number of homestays in Kodaikanal are Observatory Road and Sreenivasapuram.
What are the best budget homestays in Kodaikanal?1. Dalethorpe: A vintage-style English bungalow surrounded by pine groves, meadows, and eucalyptus trees, Daelthorpe forms an ideal stay for peace-seekers and nature lovers. Though this property is just a few miles from the heart of the main market, it keeps you safe from the hustle and bustle of the city.
The property has been marking its presence since 1930 and it serves you with diverse stay options in the form of suite cottages, deluxe rooms, standard rooms, and single room cottages.
2. Lilly's Valley: Sprawled over 3 acres of wooded land, Lilly Valley will take you back in time with its English architecture and vintage vibe. The property encompasses 26 British-style homestay cottages which are adorned with handcrafted woodwork. If you are looking for a budget property that lets you experience luxury and rawness of nature, both at a time, Lilly's Valley is your ideal pick.
3. Kodaikanal Dreamstay: Featuring two independent cottages, Kodaikanal Dreamstay is nowhere short of luxury and comfort. All the rooms in the property are complete with attached bathrooms and water heaters. Its serene location not only keeps you away from the crowd but also provides you with time to recharge yourself.
There is a large playground within the property where your kids can indulge in numerous fun activities. If you are looking for a simple yet elegant shelter, Kodaikanal Dreamstay certainly deserves your attention.
4. Hill Heaven Homestay: An elegant accommodation for the budget travellers, Hill Heaven Homestay grabs your attention with its strategic location and unmatchable hospitality. The cottage is at a walking distance from several touristy spots and city centres.
The caretaker leaves no stone unturned in making you feel welcome and takes extra efforts to ensure your comfort during the stay. If you wish to have a fun stay experience at a budgeted price, Hill Heaven comes as a perfect holiday retreat for you.
What are the famous homestays in Kodaikanal for family?1. Ennan's Holiday Inn: Planning for a family trip amidst the lush green highlands of Kodaikanal? Book your stay in this serene holiday home located in the hilly terrains of the city and say yes to luxury and comfort. A perfect stay option for families with kids, Enan's Holiday Inn welcomes you with its stylish rooms and extravagant amenities.
From laundry, television, and wardrobe to coffee table and sofa-the rooms have everything that you might need for a relaxing stay. Their amicable staff serves you at any hour of the day with a friendly smile on their face. They also keep you entertained throughout your stay by arranging activities like trekking, camping, and outdoor games for you.
2. Najima Residency: Looking for a place to enjoy quality time with your family? Rush to this beautiful homestay in Kodaikanal located atop a hill to connect with nature like never before. Apart from its charismatic location, Najima Residency is also known for its best-in-class service, and cordial staff members. From 24-hour hot water to free internet, laundry, and a picturesque balcony view- the property has everything to make your stay comfortable and worthwhile.
3. Annamalai Homestay: Majorly known for its hospitable staff members and delectable food, Anamalai Homestay has everything to make your holiday a worthwhile experience. The property is surrounded by numerous charismatic places that add to its irresistible charm.
The rooms within the property are spacious enough to accommodate a large group of family and friends. For all those vacationers who can't let go of their homely comforts, Annamalai Homestay is a viable stay option.
4. Amherst Villa Lakeside: With its warm hospitality and best-in-class services, Amherst Villa Lakeside has evolved as the foremost choice among the family vacationers and couples. The place features three spacious bedrooms which serve you with breathtaking views of the surrounding areas.
The property is just a 100 meters away from the Kodaikanal Lake- a prominent tourist spot among the locals. For all those vacationers who prioritize their comfort over everything else, Amherst Villa is an ideal stay option.
What are the best couple-friendly homestays in Kodaikanal?1. Mount Chalet: Are you a honeymooner on a lookout for best Kodaikanal homestays? If yes, book your stay in Mount Chalet to embrace some of the finest experiences on your romantic getaway. With its contemporary-style architecture and alluring backdrops.
Mount Chalet appears no lesser than a royal boutique hotel. Being close to Kodaikanal bus stand and railway station, it facilitates hassle-free transportation for you. The property also features a bar where you can enjoy a sip of your favourite drink with your special one.
2. Serenita Homestay: Make your way into this serene holiday home and bid goodbye to stress and worries. Surrounded by hilly backdrops and verdant landscapes, Serenita Homestay is a one-stop destination for couples who strive for privacy and space. The property features neat and spacious rooms which are ideal for nuclear families. Their delicious North-Indian and South-Indian cuisines are too good to be missed.
3. Hammock Homestay: If you want to enjoy comfortable stay, scenic backdrops, and mouthwatering food altogether at an economical package, look no further than Hammock Homestay. This newly built property not only serves its guests with top-notch amenities, but it also makes them feel welcomed with its hospitable staff service. It has five spacious and well-furnished rooms followed by a huge dining space. For all the honeymooners who wish to enjoy quality time with their partners, Hammock is an ideal homestay in Kodaikanal.
4. Kodai Homestay: Comfortably located in proximity to several tourist places including Upper Lake View and Solar Physical Observatory, Kodai Homestay is a homely property specifically built for married couples and family. The homestay also encompasses a spacious garden where you can take a stroll or chat with your partner for hours without any hindrance.
Are homestays in Kodaikanal safe for couples?Yes. Kodaikanal homestays are completely safe for the couples. These properties not only serve you with all the homely comforts, but they also make sure that your privacy is not violated. If you don't want even a little intrusion during your stay, you can go for private villa properties.
What is the price range of Homestays in Kodaikanal?
Since Kodaikanal is a favourite place for all kinds of travellers having an array of budget, the homestays in Kodaikanal provides accommodation from a normal 1 BHK to a royal suite to its patrons.
Hence, it covers all kinds of budget travellers. However, depending on the homestay’s location, amenities, infrastructure, recreational activities, food and service, the price roughly starts from Rs. 650/- to Rs. 25,000/- per night.
The most luxurious suites comprises of bar and lounge, well furnished rooms, world-class room service, and many more. Whereas a standard room consists of hot water supply, air-conditioned (if requested), an open balcony, etc. and ensures a good stay.
What are the check-in & check-out timings in Kodaikanal Homestays?
Homestays in Kodaikanal are well-known for having the flexibility of timings to their customers. The ideal time for check-in is 9.00 am and for check-out is 9.00 pm.
The caretakers generally don’t charge extra money if you stay little longer. Moreover, they suggest you stay for a couple of hours in case of a late night journey.
But, there are homestays which adhere to strict check-in and check-out timings due to their landing places. For instance, some homestays are located at a hilltop or quite deep into the forest, where you couldn't reach late at night.
So, please make sure you stick to the given timings.
What is Kodaikanal famous for?
Kodaikanal also called as “The Gift of the Forest” is famous for a variety of things.
Home-made Chocolates – Like Tirupati for Laddu, Kodaikanal for chocolates; every traveller who comes to Kodaikanal won’t leave without buying chocolates for their family, friends, colleagues, and even neighbours.
Pottery – The stoneware pottery is best-selling in Kodaikanal. Since it possesses various health benefits, it is famous among family tourists.
Great History – By seeing colonial architectures here and there, along with rare British specimens, this place carries a huge historical significance.
Honeymoon Destination – Due to its soothing climate and hilltop view, Kodaikanal has become a paradise for honeymooners.
Enthralling Activities – From trekking to river rafting, Kodaikanal is famous for all kinds of water sports and other leisure activities. Thus, it guarantees the most daring moments for beginners.
Which are the homestays in Kodaikanal under 1500?1. Yogi Cool Stay: Located near Kodaikanal Lake, Yogi Cool Stay is one of the best reasonably priced Kodaikanal Homestays to enjoy amazing views from, and be treated with gratifying hospitality. The property is also close to many other attractions. There are 4 different types of rooms to stay in, and access an array of ancillary facilities like - wifi, parking, room service etc.
2. Hill Heaven Homestay: This affordable and spacious Kodai Homestay is another one of the places that is great for back-packers or families to consider for a stay. Located on Bear Shola Road, Hill Heaven has simple but well-equipped rooms, dining facility, parking and many other amenities for a comfortable asylum.
3. The Meadows: Perched in a secluded and naturally affluent area, The Meadows is the best homestay in Kodaikanal under 1500. This place, despite the affordable rates, can compete with many other lavish accommodations. There are 4 different types of room with a maximum occupancy of 6 people. There is also an in-house restaurant, among other facilities.
4. Kumaragiri Holidays By Atlas Hopper: Enjoying an advantageous location in Kodaikanal, the Kumaragiri Holidays Homes is nestled close to many local attractions, including the Chettiar Park. This contemporary-style accommodation is among the best homestay in Kodaikanal option under 1500 INR. There are several rooms with multiple sharing, restaurant, garden and more amenities to provide maximum comfort.
Which are the best Kodaikanal homestays with kitchen?1. Elephant Sight Villa: Set in the wild environs of Kodaikanal, the Elephant Sight Villa is one of the finest honesty properties that offers spacious accommodations, a fully stocked kitchen, a lush lawn with adequate seating arrangements and availability of outdoor activities.
2. StayGlee: Located close to prominent attractions like Bear Shola Falls, Kodaikanal Lake, etc. the StayGlee Homestay is a fine and affordable stay facility. Dating back to 1953, this bungalow can accommodate 8 people who have access to amenities such as - a kitchen, living room, garden etc.
3. The Xanadu, Meghadootam: This stylish 3 villa property is situated in upper Kodaikanal, offering panoramic views of the valley and hills. Xanadu, a perfect getaway is perfect for couples or a group of 6 guests who can make the most of the in-house amenities like a functioning kitchen, outdoor activities, yoga and more.
4. Nakshatra Stay: This is a part of the Dalethorpe Homestays in Kodaikanal and is among the top lodgings that give you a home away from home vibe. With a capacity to accommodate 12 guests, Nakshatra Stay has all the elemental facilities like a kitchen, lawn, parking, terrace and more.
What facilities will I get in Kodaikanal Homestays?
Some of the important facilities you get while staying in Kodaikanal are:
1. Doctor on call – As we know, hill stations may sometimes turn into a nightmare to anyone, so the homestay staffs itself arrange a doctor during emergencies.
2. Bar/Lounge – After a tiresome journey, one can relax having a glass of wine and enjoy the night weather.
3. Indoor/Outdoor games – For sports lovers, the homestay offers a wide variety of options to play. It comprises of shuttle badminton, table tennis, carom, chess, and to some extent Gali cricket.
4. Kitchen Attached – Kitchen is the most vital facility for family tourists who like to cook and serve. Grocery can be brought by the staffs at your convenience.
5. Travel Arrangements – Either you want to travel to famous destinations or to explore the unexplored; homestays in Kodaikanal are well connected with information. Hence, they can easily get you all the required information and facilities.
6. Camp Fire – Campfires are best out of best. Homestays offer their unique campfire settings with music or DJ to entice you.
Which are the best forest homestays in Kodaikanal?1. Elephant Sight Villa: This bungalow enjoys the views of lush mountains and access to elephant safaris in the surrounding jungle, making it among the best Kodaikanal homestays. With full-sized windows, peeping into the sceneries around, rooms that have a rustic and cozy element, a kitchen and dining room, among other facilities at the guests' disposal.
2. Shafa Woodhouse: Made entirely of wood, this cottage accommodation sits right in the middle of the Kodaikanal woods. There are a total of 5 independent accommodations that can contain a family of 4 or a small group. Other than that, there is fresh food, outdoor activities and other recreation experiences available at Shafa Woodhouse.3. Whispering Waters: Nuzzled in the hills of Kodaikanal, close to the lake and vast expanses of greenery, the Whispering Waters Homestay is a cottage-style accommodation. There are 3 options to choose from, each independent villa comes with well-appointed amenities, scenic views and plush beddings. There are other essential amenities in place, along with the arrangement of activities.4. The Escape: This is a 3 BHK villa that can be booked entirely by a group of travellers for exclusivity and privacy. Set amidst the lush mountains, fronted by plantations, the Escape is a fancy Kodai Homestay property that lets you spend some time with nature. Other than being a hub for outdoor activities, this place is also mindful of all your comforts, providing a range of ancillary amenities.
Can I make my own food in Homestays in Kodaikanal?
Yes. You can cook your own food in homestays. Many homestays allow their customers’ to cook on the premises. For this, some homestays provide a well-furnished kitchen to make their work easier.
With all essential utensils, one can even make a biryani to their family and friends.
If you don’t know where to get vegetables and other grocery items, don't worry! The homestay staffs are there for your rescue. They buy you all the grocery items having the best quality. Thus, to have a great home feeling, homestays in Kodaikanal introduces such innovative practices and win’s their customers’ heart smoothly.
Silver Cascade Falls is heaven for those who love to view the beauty of nature at different locations. The waterfall is located at an altitude of 2318 meter, on the road to Madurai and Kodai. The water flows down from a height of 180 feet, which makes it a beautiful sight for the onlookers. The waterfall is believed to be a remain of the Kodai Lake, where tourists can even take a dip in the water flowing down from the falls.Tourists can be seen taking a break from their ride towards Kodaikanal at the various tea stalls which can be found lined up near the falls. The remaining distance to Kodaikanal from the falls is merely 8 km. It is believed that the water from the falls is laden with various minerals, which gives these waters their healing and refreshing properties. It is a sight to watch monkeys playing on the cliff and slippery rocks of the fall. The name ‘Silver cascade’ is given to this fall, owing to the colour of the water which appears silver when flowing down the 55 meter high cliff.On either side of the cliff, you can find rugged rocks and wild foliage springing up in all directions. There is a dedicated viewing platform in front of the waterfall, which serves as an excellent point to view the flowing water fall down in a pool. One can easily reach the silver Cascade falls via local transport such as auto or rickshaw, in Kodaikanal.
Situated at a distance of 8km from the Queen of Hills, Dolphin’s Nose Kodaikanal is something you should never miss on. With an altitude of 6600 feet, the Dolphin’s Nose offers enthralling views of the entire city. Rugged terrains, clear skies, plunged valleys, and the splendour of lush green surroundings is what sums up the beauty of Dolphin’s Nose. The cliff is tucked atop a flat and protruding rock piece. It gives it a resemblance to the shape of the nose of a dolphin. This how the cliff got its identity worldwide. Even at such a height, Mother Nature has made this place available and easily accessible for tourism. So, if you are looking to spice up your Kodaikanal visit with an additional flavor, get on your adventurous sporting shoes and start ascending the route of Dolphin’s nose. For some, the path to the Dolphin’s Nose may seem to be easily accessible; for others it’s a moderately difficult one. Your trekking route to the Dolphin’s Nose is a 3 km long making its way through the rocks and pines of the Palani Hill Range. There is a village nearby and a waterfall to adore on your way to the Dolphin’s Nose. You can get along with the locals, sip a cup of tea of their style, and then move forward. Occasionally, you might come across a scenario where a mystical fog will be seen wrapping up the huge mountain ranges and the valley that goes along. Tourists usually plan a quiet retreat in the lap of the mountains here and engage themselves into a soulful introspection — the beautiful transitions at the onset of both sunrise and sunset adds-on glory to the moment. Besides, the peace and tranquillity which you experience here remain unparalleled!Sometimes, you may find the local vendors dotting the region to sell their food and fresh fruit juices. However, it might cost more than usual on your wallet.
Berijam Lake is a natural freshwater lake that is situated at a distance of 22 Km from the Kodaikanal bus stand. It has moved ahead to be one of the leading tourist destinations in Kodaikanal since 1990. The lake not only offers amazing refreshing scenic beauty for nature lovers but at the same time it also serves as a home to numerous other wildlife creatures. Tourists who love to spend some time away from the hustle and bustle of the city mostly visit this lake. You can come here with your family and friends to make memories that will last for ages.The major attraction of the Berijam lake is the sparkling blue crystalline water. This makes it difficult for nature lovers to resist the grandeur of the place. There are a number of activities like fishing, bird watching, safari tours to do here in the middle of this stunning and surreal location. In the early days, tourists used to relish boating in this wonderful lake, however, the local administration has banned boating in this lake to preserve the natural freshwater.The main reason for banning boating in the lake is that the water from the lake is used as drinking water for a nearby town. Let us uncover bit by bit about this treasured natural treasure trove of Kodaikanal.