Kanha National Park is located in the Mandla district of Madhya Pradesh and it extends over an area of over 1,940-sq-kms. The major feature of this region is its interesting topography which is the horseshoe shaped valley and the whole park area is surrounded by the spurs of the Mekal. By a special statue in 1955, Kanha national park came into being. Since then, a series of stringent conservation programmes for the protection of the parks flora and fauna has given Kanha its deserved reputation for being one of the finest and best administered national parks in Asia, an irresistible attraction for all Wildlife Adventure lovers a true haven for its animal and avian population. Kanha national park has 22 species of mammals. The most easily spotted are TIGER, Indian hare, Indian wild dog, the Stripped Palm Squirrel, Common langur, Jackal, Wild Pig, Chital or Spotless deer, Barasingha or Swamp deer, Sambar and black Buck.
Patient watching should reward the visitor, with a sight of Indian Fox, Sloth bear, striped hyena, Jungle cut, Lepord, Mouse Deer, Chausingha or four horned antelope, Nilgai, Ratel and Porcupine.
Day 1: Arrival and Wildlife Adventure M.P
Day 2: Indulging in Wild Adventure, Kanha
Day 3: Kanha Departure
Travel facts and other details:
- Per Person (Twin Sharing): INR 5850
- Per Child (5-12 years / With Extra Bed): INR 2925 (share room with parents)
- Per Child (Below 5 years / No Extra Bed): INR 1000 (share room with parents)
- Single Room Supplement: 60% extra of per person cost.
Taxes as Applicable:
Supplementary costs of 25% on tariff would be applicable for festival periods such as Diwali, Christmas and New Year. Christmas & New Year : 23rd December08 03rd Jan09 (Both days inclusive)
Rates include Welcome Drink and Accommodation with Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Following Value Added Services are included in Package: -
- 2 Park Safaris
- Visit Bokardhara River Spot.
- Visit to Tribal Village.
- Access to Wildlife Library.
- Indoor&Outdoor Games.
- Barbeque Dinner.
- Wildlife Film Show.
- Nature Walk & Bird Watching
- Children Play Park
- Visit to Wildlife Museum
AC Rooms available at Supplement Charge of Rs 400/- per room per night
- Choicest : Indian, Continental and Chinese Cuisine
- Guided Jungle Tours in Gypsies / Jeeps / Canters
- Wildlife Films / Lectures
- Services of Experienced Naturalists / Guides
- Campfire Nights , Barbeque Dinner
- Library on Wildlife & Nature
- Trekking & Tracking
- Photography fees for Still/Video/Movie Cameras.
- Tribal and Folk dances.
- Fishing (if applicable).
- Elephant Rides / Tiger Shows and all optional activities.
OTHER INTERESTING SIGHTSEEING LOCATIONS:
- Wild Chalet Resort
- Kanha Bokardhara River Spot
- Manegaon Tribal Village
- Wildlife Museum, Visitors Centre