Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Pick-Up & Drop
I decided to try out this trek, and being a solo trekker I was a little conscious at first, but the guide made me feel really comfortable, and even tho...
Gangotri and Chukhambha make a marvellous sight together from the top. The trek leader was a local so we really explored the region in the truest ways....
Trip Location: Rishikesh
About the activity:
- Experience a tranquil trekking experience from the Kunjapuri Temple back to Rishikesh Town after spending an amazing time looking at the amazing mountain ranges of the Himalayas.
- Start early morning at Kunjapuri Trek by getting picked up from your hotel and drive to the temple of Kunjapuri located in the Shivalik Range. From here you can enjoy the views of many high mountains like Swarga Rohini, Gangotri, Banderpunch and Chaukhamba.
Inclusions:Trekking, Guide, Pick-up and drop for Rishikesh included in the package
Write Your Story
Rated : 5.0
I decided to try out this trek, and being a solo trekker I was a little conscious at first, but the guide made me feel really comfortable, and even though I wasn’t a very experienced trekker, he made sure I kept up with the group. I was glad I decided to do this, as I also saw some amazing views along the way of the trek.
Rated : 5.0
Gangotri and Chukhambha make a marvellous sight together from the top. The trek leader was a local so we really explored the region in the truest ways. We stopped at a mountain dhaba to eat Maggie.
Rated : 5.0
Two of my siblings and I decided to go on this trek, and we had a great time. The views were spectacular, and the guide, Lalit, was very patient with all of us.
Rated : 4.0
Great experience, must say. With the money back guarantee and zero booking fees, the trek was every bit of what was promises to us by Thrillophilia. Starting from Kunjapuri Mandir to Rishikesh, we were greeted by the great Himalayan ranges throughout our trip. The early morning pick up was delayed by 35 mins, which was a bit annoying. But besides that, the hotel stay and everything was comfortable. We were barely able to spot any wild animals though, but that’s bound to happen - not their fault. Our guide, Pran was very helpful and knowledgeable about every place. He also enlightened us with some local folklore and stories. Decent experience. Will recommend to others. Thanks.
Rated : 4.0
This tour is available for trekking from Kunjapuri Temple to Rishikesh. Our pickup was a little late but the driver was very friendly and offered his knowledge of the area everywhere. It was a nice experience to be in the forests and seeing wildlife and great views.
Rated : 4.0
Meditate under Neegard waterfall if you are going on Kunja puri trek. I had a great experience with these guys!
The total distance of the Kunjapuri Trek is about 14 km. The trek starts at Kunjapuri Temple, where you are driven to after a convenient pickup from your hotel. After trekking through scenic mountains and beautiful valleys, the trek concludes in the main town of Rishikesh.
The best time to go on a Kunjapuri temple Trek is between the months of October to March, which constitutes the winter and beginning of the summer season.
- Summer season occurs between March and June in the region. It can get pretty hot during this time of the year. The temperature varies from 20 degrees Celsius to 40 degrees Celsius, which makes it quite difficult to trek in the region.
- Monsoons arrive in July and stay till September. Due to the rocky, mountainous terrain, the roads are slippery due to sudden bursts of rain and heavy showers, and is, therefore, not the ideal time to go trekking either.
- Winter is between October to February. The weather remains cool and pleasant with bright sunshine during the day and temperatures varying between 20 to 25 degrees Celsius. The nights are cold with the temperature dropping to 8 to 9 degrees Celsius.
Therefore, the best time to enjoy an amazing Kunjapuri trek is during the winter months.
A minimum number of 4 people are required to book Kunjapuri Trek in Rishikesh. However, the trek is charged on a per-person basis.
Yes, the Kunjapuri Trek is absolutely safe for all. Every trek is accompanied by a professional guide to ensure your safety along the entire route. All the trekkers are briefed about the rules thoroughly before the trek begins. The good news is that you do not require any special trekking equipment or prior experience to enjoy this trek.
Yes, the Kunjapuri Trek in Rishikesh is absolutely safe for solo travellers as well as women. All the trekkers are accompanied by professional guides to ensure the safety of all the trekkers. This trek is additionally safer than others because a minimum of 4 people have to take this trek, which means you are always travelling in a large group. A briefing is also given before the commencement of the trek, which ensures that everyone knows about the rules and regulations for extra safety.
The difficulty level of the Kunjapuri Trek Rishikesh is low to medium, despite the fact that the maximum elevation is 1,650 metres above sea level, which is quite steep. Besides the meandering roads and occasional steep and undulating slopes, there is no such difficult terrain that you have to deal with during your trek. The trek mostly consists of viewpoints and scenic stops, which makes it a rewarding experience.
Yes, pick up and drop facilities for the trekkers are included in the package when you are booking this trek. Participants are picked up from their respective hotels and driven to the starting point, which is Kunjapuri Temple. Similarly, after the trek is complete, all trekkers are safely dropped off at their respective hotels.
- The Kunjapuri Trek route starts around 5:00 am when you will get a pick up from your hotel to the starting point, which is Kunjapuri Temple.
- The trek starts from the temple, which is situated at an elevation of 1,650 metres above sea level. Here, you can enjoy various views such as the sunset behind the Shivalik Ranges, and a stunning view of other mountains such as Chaukhamba, Gangotri, Swarga Rohini, and Banderpunch.
- The actual trek takes you downhill through Himalayan forests, where you can see many mountainous animals such as the barking deer, martens, leopards, civets, and other exotic birds and insects.
- The final stop of your trek is the Neegard Waterfall, which is a scenic resting spot after the 14 km-long trek.
- The trek ends in Rishikesh town, where you can avail a drop off back at your hotel.
Yes, the Kunjapuri Trek is an easy and thoroughly enjoyable trek. It falls under the low to medium difficulty category. Anyone, who enjoys long leisurely walks will enjoy this delightful trek amidst the serene. Rishikesh itself is a popular place for pilgrimage and also a beautiful hill-town, and trekking to and from this city is a memorable experience.
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.