About the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage Day Tour:
- You will be picked from your hotel at 8:00 am for a tour to Pinnawala elephant orphanage from Kandy where you can enjoy a daylong adventurous expedition.
- Spend a day amid the elephants and explore the largest home of wild Asian elephants in the world.
- Behold the large herds of captive elephants roaming around freely, bathing pleasingly, wading slowly, and cuddling each other affectionately.
- Relish the fun of watching calves playing with each other happily and rushing here and there aimlessly.
- Spend some moments among these elephants and experience the surreal bond between a human and an animal.
- Observe the elephants from the closest proximity and capture this breathtaking vista in your digital lens.
- Play with elephants, caress them, feed them, click snaps with them, and enjoy watching them bathe in a river.
- In your Kandy to Pinnawala elephant orphanage tour, you’ll also get a chance to learn how this orphanage caters elephants, provides them food, and treats the injured ones.
- Also, visit Royal Botanical Garden and witness a huge collection of orchids of numerous varieties. At 4:00 pm you will be drop off to your hotel
About the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage:
Witnessing a large herd of elephants is not a usual thing. So, if you want to make your day unusual by seeing plenty of elephants, visit Pinnawala elephant orphanage from Kandy. Being the largest home of captive elephants in the world, this orphanage has many wonders to throw your way. Pinnawala elephant orphanage is not just an orphanage but also a nursery and the captive breeding earth for the Asian elephants.
The institution was home to nearly 10,000 elephants in 2011. Since then, the number is increasing only. No wonder why it is because Pinnawala elephant orphanage does a lot for the orphaned elephants. Once you’re there, you yourself can see how institution cares, rescues, and treats the elephants.
In this elephant orphanage, you’ll get an opportunity to play with elephants and feed them. You can also delight in the herd of elephants wading, bathing, and cooling them off pleasantly in the riverside. Before finishing your tour, head to Kandy View Point and capture the breathtaking vista of the entire city from the high above. In the end, take a stroll in Royal Botanical Garden and admire the glory of nature.
Daily from 8:30am - 5:30pm
Kandy, a famous spot in the Sri Lankan city, imparts great richness in historical as well as religious composition. The location is widely called as the Temple Of The Sacred Tooth Relic that marks the habitat of several remarkable museums and iconic attractions. The spot is ideal for gathering peace and caters immense delight to the visitors.
About the Package:
The Pinnawala and Kandy day tour lets you experience a delightful sightseeing experience that leads you to the prominent attractions namely Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, Peradeniya botanical garden, Kandy- the hill capital. Take advantage of the tour and capture the scenic spots in your lenses.
The package is inclusive of comfortable transportation along with pick up and drop off facility in AC vehicle from the hotel. In addition, the package includes the service of an expert guide and entrance tickets.
Timings: You can book the package for 8 hours time period that starts at 7.30 am.
Starting/Ending Point: Your Hotel or residence
Note: Minimum of two persons and a maximum of 9 persons are required to book the tour package.