Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
We visit all the sightseeing as per the itinerary planned, Our guide was knowledgable and informative, the walk went smoothly in which we spend a good ...
Duration: 2 Hours
Duration: 10 AM to 12 PM / 4 PM to 6 PM (Depends on your choice)
Frequency: Daily except Monday
Starting Point: Entrance Gate of Christ Church, Lakkar Bazar, Shimla
End Point: St. Michael's Catholic Cathedral, Heritage Building, Ram Bazar, Shimla
About the Activity:
There is no doubt that Shimla is a walker’s paradise. Every lane leads one to some history, every wall hides a story behind it, every house has a tale to tell and every tree here is a living witness to the town’s growth. The trails are protected by nature. Most of the lanes have been carved through the forests of lofty cedars, rattling oaks, blooming rhododendrons or whispering pines.
The most imposing and attractive structures which include the Christ Church, Gaiety Heritage Cultural Complex, the Mall Road, some heritage hotels, old banks, and government offices are the highlights of this walk. These are some of the best examples of British Architecture of the era and reveal the history and various interesting stories of the glorious past. They will compel you to glance at them from every angle.
Places you will visit:
1. Christ church is Shimla: The second oldest church in the entire northern India and a site of pure devotion as well as architectural beauty.
2. Ridge of Shimla: The key venue for all the major events as well as celebrations that take place in Shimla.
3. Mall road: A wide-open street that has exclusive artefacts amidst the snow-capped mountain ranges.
4. Gaiety Heritage Cultural Complex: Built in the Victorian or Gothic style of architecture over a century ago showcasing historical & cultural significance
5. Town Hall and other monuments: Built by the best architects during the British rule in India
6. Scandal Point: Based on the intersection of the city's most roads- Ridge Road and Mall Road. This point is definitely a mountain lover's heaven.
7. Also explore Shimla Post Office, Telegraph Office and Bantony castle, representing the British Colonial or Hilly Architectural.
8. Kalibari Temple: Located on Jakhoo Hill is an ancient place of worship dedicated to Goddess Kali.
9. St. Michael’s Cathedral: Famous for its architectural splendour showcasing French-Gothic Style.
Note: Minimum of 2 persons are required to book the package.
Write Your Story
Rated : 5.0
We visit all the sightseeing as per the itinerary planned, Our guide was knowledgable and informative, the walk went smoothly in which we spend a good time at each sight with no rush at all... Overall it was very impressive
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.