Skiing in Dayara Bugyal is one of the best skiing slopes in the country, attracts skiing enthusiast from all over the world. Dayara Bugyal is a picturesque meadow. Some of the world's most popular winter playgrounds set in Garhwal is Dayara Bugyal. The attractive snow covered slopes are extended about 28 sq. km in area. The enchanting views of snow covered higher Himalayan Treks and the beautiful lake of Barnala, Tal, provides an excellent camping site. Skiing in Dayara is an experience that lingers on and compels the skiers to come back for more.
- The Sheshnag temple is a major attraction.
How to get there
By Air: The nearest airport is Jolly Grant, situated at a distance of about 24 km from the main Rishikesh town. Air is not the preferred mode of transport for getting into the town.
By Road: Road network is well connected to all major towns of Uttaranchal and surrounding areas. The village Barsu is connected with the major destinations in this region.
By Rail: Rishikesh is linked to all the major towns and cities of India. Some of the links are accessible only from Haridwar.
Best time to visit: November-December and April-July.
- Ski training courses are available here.
- It is located at an elevation of 3,048 meters.
- Grade: Moderate to Difficult
- Skiing gear is available on hire.
- Skiing equipments include the most modern alpine skis, Nordic skis, gloves and goggles.
Things to Carry
- Bring woolen clothings, cap, socks, dark glasses, gloves, mufflers, pullovers, wind-proof jacket, gum/snow boots and a torch light in their travel kit.
- Carry medications such as inhalers, bee-sting kits, insulin and first aid box etc.
Other Attractions in the Vicinity
Harsil: The perfect spot to experience tranquility and isolation, Harsil is nestled among the glorious Kumaoun Himalayas. Around 73 km away from Uttarkashi, Harsil is tucked in lush green gorges and sleepy meadows.
Vishwanath Temple: It is one of the most visited pilgrimages. An ancient temple was built by Parshuram. It has a shivling which is 60 cm high.
Shakti Temple: Located to the opposite side of Vishwanath temple, Shakti temple is a prime attraction.