Kalindi Khal Trek Highlights
- Seek the Gangotri goddess’s blessing and start off on your journey to Gaumukh, the birth point of the holy Ganges River.
- The mountain range over here gifts us with close up eye contact with some of the Himalayan giants like Mt. Shivling, Mt. Bhagirathi (I, II and III), Kedar dome, Mt. Satopanth, Mt. Vasuki and Chandra peak.
- No visible trail exists to cross the Gaumukh glacier. Teeming with moraines, crevasses, and boulders, tackling this glacier is no easy feat as the Gaumukh Glacier changes every year.
- The treacherous terrain will also let you witness some of the gigantic glaciers like Gangotri glacier, Chaturangi glacier, Shweta glacier and Kalindi glacier.
Kalindi Khal Trek Overview
About the Kalindi Khal Trek:
A challenging Kalindi Khal trek nestled in the lap of the majestic Himalayas, feel a rush of adrenaline in your blood as you scale right up to a Himalayan pass 6000m high. Not just that, this mesmeric place is a spiritual haven decorated by gorgeous mountains and the grandeur of nature. Kalindikhal trekking expedition starts from Gangotri banked beside the Ganga waters. After seeking the Gangotri goddess’s blessing start off on your journey to Gaumukh, the birth point of the holy Ganges River. Get enchanted by the grasslands at Tapovan and mesmerized by several rivulets and peaks of Shivling, Bhagirathi, and Meru.
From camping beside the Vasuki Tal to breathtaking sceneries that include moraine, glaciers, and majestic peaks, this tour has it all. After several briefing sessions on the safety measures to be taken on this trek, prepare to encounter the many splendors of nature. Kalindi Khal is one of the most offbeat and challenging trekking destinations in India.
Maximum altitude: 19,521 ft.
Kalindi Khal Trek Difficulty Level: Difficult.
Trekking Distance: 90Km
Temperature Range: The temperature varies from 10-18 °C, -8 to 5°C, 8 -15°C, and -10 to 5°C
Best Time To Travel: June, July, and September, October
ATM: You will find ATMs in Dehradun
Start Point/End Point: Harsil to Auli
How to Reach Dehradun:
By Air –
All the far-off trekkers can take an air flight to Dehradun’s Jolly Grant Airport. As the airport is merely 31 km away from the town of Dehradun, you will easily find shared or private cabs to drop you to your final destination.
By Rail –
The railway station of Dehradun is situated at a distance of 1 to 2 km from its main town. It is well-connected to major cities across the country. So, if you are coming here either from Delhi or Mumbai or Kolkata or Lucknow or Allahabad, you may quickly board a train to drive you to the Dehradun Railway Station.
By Road –
Dehradun town is easily accessible from all major and minor cities in India by road. Hence, you have regular state-run and private buses plying from these destinations to Dehradun. Apart from this, you also have the cab facilities available from the major towns of Uttarakhand and Delhi.
Kalindi Khal Trekking Inclusions:
1. Accommodation – You will be staying in tents/hotels/lodges for the trek (3 people/tent/room). Room/tent is separate for the male and female participants.
2. Meals – All meals starting from dinner on the Day 1 till breakfast on Day 15. (14 Dinners, 14 Breakfasts, 13 Lunches) We have a system of providing 6 small meals along with tea/coffee in between (Vegetarian Only).
3. Camping charges – All trekking permits and forest camping charges are included.
4. Trekking equipment – High-quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps. Sleeping bags can withstand temperatures as low as -10 ºC.
5. Safety equipment – First aid kit, oxygen cylinders, oximeter, etc. will be with guide/trek leader and at the campsite as well to deal with emergencies.
6. Expert trek Leaders – All our trek leaders are at least qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering and first aid course.
7. Expert Trek support team – The mountain staff on this trek consists of certified guides, cooks, helpers, and porters.
Available Group Departures:
May- 23, 30
June- 6, 13, 20, 27
July- 3, 4
September- 5, 12, 19, 26
October- 2, 3
[ Note: If you are a group of 4 or more people then the dates can be customized]
More Details about Kalindi Khal Trek
Know Before You Go for Kalindi Khal Trek
- Bursting will thrill and adventure, the Kalindi Khal trek borders on a proper expedition, and consequently demands some prior knowledge of technical and mountaineering skills.
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the trek during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government is to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitization and use of mask recommended.
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travellers littering may be fined.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- Professional Treak Leaders are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Camping is very basic in nature. One must not expect luxuries. Electricity will not be available at any campsite.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the Kalindi Khal trekking.
Things To Carry for Kalindi Khal Trek
- Head torch
- Rain cover
- Warm clothes
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Walking stick
- Back pack (50-60l)
- Day pack (20-30l)
- Water bottle
- Backpack with waterproof linings
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Hiking shoes
- Extra pair of socks
- Led torch (with extra batteries)
- Mosquito & insect repellent
- Thermal inners
- Walking shoes
- Woollen cap, socks, mittens & scarf
- Waterproof windcheater