Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
One of the most visited places in Maharashtra sure has to be the famous Rajmachi Village in the Lonavala region. Considered to be the most scenic and adventurous trek in the lap of Sahyadris, Rajmachi village trek is made an even more exhilarating experience by including the summer special of Maharashtra, the fireflies trek.
This tour starts with your arrival at Lonavala station and then proceeds to see you trek to Rajmachi Village. Experience thousands of fireflies lighting up the area with their glow in the dark summer night. Spend a night and trek to the fabled Rajmachi Fort the next day
About the activity:
- People coming from Mumbai/Pune need to arrive at the Lonavala Railway Station.
- From here, a transfer will take you to Udhewadi and Valvand, from where you will start the trek to Rajmachi Village.
- Spend the evening talking and playing games, followed by dinner and a session of sightseeing for the fireflies.
- Spend the night in a tent or dorm as per your choice, and wake up the next morning to visit the Shrivardhan and Manaranjan Fort to see the sunrise.
- Have your breakfast and explore the area for a while before deciding to either go to Lonavala or Karjat
- People going to Lonavala end the trek here, and for Karjat, you will trek down to reach the base village and take a transfer to railway station for your return journey
*Note- For people staying in tents, if it rains, you will be shifted to the homestay
You will be arriving at Lonavala Railway station at around 5 in the afternoon, from where the transfer will take you to the 'Y' Fork Junction of Udhewadi and Valvand village.
From this place, you will start the trek to Rajmachi Village.
After reaching here, you will be indulging in some games and thought sharing, before getting served dinner.
Post having your meal, you will be leaving for fireflies sightseeing in the areas around.
Overnight in Rajmachi
You will be given a wake-up call at 6 AM, and you will visit the Shrivardhan and Manaranjan Fort to see the sunrise.
Have your tea and then go for exploring the temples and lakes of the region
After breakfast, spend some more time exploring the area, before lunch is served at around 11 AM.
From here, people willing to go to Lonavala will end the trip here, and the rest will descend to the small village of Kondiwade. On the way down, you will also be visiting the Kondana Caves
You will get a transfer from Kondiwade to Karjat railway station for your onward journey.
Write Your Story
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
No Booking Fee! Price Guarantee
We have a minimum price guarantee. If you get the same product at cheaper price we will refund the difference.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.
More Things to do in Lonavala
Most Popular Destinations