Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
The perfect escape from the monotonous lifestyle, Chamoli promises an ever-changing view of nature, woods, rumbling creeks, water edges, dramatic land-forms, climatic cardinals and the alpine hills. At an elevation of 1300 m above sea level, this small hamlet is bedecked on a ridge between the Alaknanda and Mandakini valleys, embracing many important Hindu pilgrimage sites like Badrinath, Hemkund Sahib, Joshimath and the three of the Panch Prayags - Karnaprayag, Nandprayag, and Vishnuprayag. Need we say more about its beauty?
On this staycation, expect to have a rendezvous with some of the exotic sights of the pristine valleys that are fringed by vast expanse of flower-strewn meadows and gigantic snow-capped mountains. Add to this the warm hospitality and rich culture of the beautiful place and the people here, and you would not want to go back home.
About the space and location:
Check-in Time: 12:00 PM
Check-out Time: 11:00 AM
At an elevation of 1300 m above sea level, this small hamlet is bedecked on a ridge between the Alaknanda and Mandakini valleys, embracing many important Hindu pilgrimage sites. A unique, rural Himalayan stay away from the city crowd, this place offers spectacular and picturesque views from the full-length glass windows of forests on one side and farmlands on the other and the upper Himalayan range. Coupled with cozy decor, it is an ideal retreat to reconnect again with nature.
Offering homely comfort and soothing quiet, the homestay is complete with a living room, a lawn, a fireplace, library and three types of cottages that match the rhythms of nature and a rustic lifestyle coupled with modern luxuries.
About the cottages:
The three types of rooms here are designed in a pinewood base architecture and have ensuite washrooms and a balcony that opens to views of the mountains and the valleys and farmlands that you cannot get enough of. The stay can accommodate a maximum of 9 guests at a time on double/triple sharing basis.
- The Single Bed room is 168 sq.ft, in size and comes with a single bed and space for an extra mattress
- The Auxiliary room is 144 sq.ft. in size and comes with a double bed having occupancy of 3 adults. You can also ask for interconnected rooms.
- The Premium room is 400 sq.ft. in size and comes with a queen-size bed having a maximum occupancy of 3 adults with an extra mattress. You can also ask for interconnected rooms.
The meals served here are simple, but flavourful. The package includes all meals including breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner. The meals are home-style, with many dishes rarely found outside the region, prepared mostly with ingredients grown at the property or procured from local farmers - the best chance to savour local cuisine.
- Make sure to get up early and step out to the terrace to enjoy the sunrise which makes it seem like floating above the clouds
- Nothing like a nature walk in the orange farms (seasonal)
- Enjoy a guided village walk to know more about the beautiful culture here
- Explore the pristine beauty of Valley of Flowers and Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve, where the experience of trekking expeditions is one of its kind
- Check out the last inhabited village on Indo-Tibet Border called Mana, which has now become a popular place to visit
- Indulge in adventurous sports like trekking, white river rafting in the Alaknanda River, skiing at the snow-covered hills of Auli
About access to common areas:
Guests have access to the entire property
About safety and hygiene:
- The retreat has increased the frequency of cleaning public areas (including the lobby, doorknobs, common washrooms, etc.)
- Hand gloves being used when carrying out cleaning work and when handling waste
- The rooms and the entire stay is deep cleaned before every check in and post every check out
- There are antibacterial hand sanitizers available throughout the property
- Social distancing is maintained
- Daily temperature monitoring of the staff
The stay is located at a distance of 28 KM from Chopta and is around a 7 hours of picturesque journey away from the Dehradun Airport. The location can be easily reached with the help of public and private transportation.
Write Your Story
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.