Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
The Himalayas are replete with many amazing treks, many of them are known and others are a little offbeat. One thing that you will find in common for all of them is that they are all wonderful and worth giving a try.
Talking about offbeat, the Rajgundha trek in the Kangra region is a lesser known and must try experience. Starting from the tea heaven of Palampur, the expedition leads out to Bir, then onto the quaint little village of Barot before moving onto the beautiful and colorful valley of Rajgundha. On the way, you will come across some amazing sights like waterfalls, green valleys, wooden bridges, meadows of many hues, and many other such beautiful places before finally arriving at your campsite. The best part about the campsite is its untouched and pristine beauty, that becomes evident when the night takes over, covering the sky with billions of stars.
The overall experience of the trek can be summarised in one word, adventurous.
About the Activity:
- You will start by arriving at the designated point and check-into the hotel in Palampur. After breakfast, you will leave for sightseeing in Bir and Palampur, covering the tea gardens, Baijnath temple, Sherbaling Monastery, and Mall road. Sightseeing also includes seeing the gliders flying past.
- Spend an evening around the bonfire before settling in for the night. Wake up to an amazing view of the Dhauladhar peaks and leave for Barot Valley after breakfast. Explore the local markets and sights before having your lunch by the riverside.
- Move to Badagraan, which is the beginning point of the trek to Rajgundh. Pass many beautiful sights to reach your campsites in the valley, where you will enjoy complimentary beverage and snacks.
- Enjoy the untouched beauty of the place before settling around a warm bonfire here. After dinner, spend some time watching the stars before calling it a night in your tents.
- The next day, you will trek to Bir via the Chhinna Pass (8,500ft). After a break, you will trek to reach Billing, from where the vehicle will bring you back to Bir, marking the end of the trip.
*Note 1- The itinerary shown here is for the variant of 3D/2N. For options on the package with 2D/1N, feel free to drop in an inquiry.
*Note 2- You can also get an add-on for paragliding in this package. For pricing on the same, you can drop in an inquiry with us.
Report early in the Morning at Palampur, where you will be checked into your hotel.
Have your breakfast and freshen up before leaving for sightseeing in Palampur and Bir, including the tea gardens, Baijnath Temple, Sherabling Monastery and Mall Road. You will also occasionally see gliders flying by overhead.
Late in the evening, you will enjoy a bonfire session at the accommodation.
Enjoy your dinner before calling it a night at the hotel
Wake up in the morning to a mesmerizing sunrise scene of the Dhauladhar Range of mountains.
After breakfast, the journey to Barot Valley will start, passing through river views, mountain scenes, several waterfalls and many beautiful meadows.
Once in Barot Valley, you will spend some time before being given a chance to explore the local sights. The lunch this day will be by the side of the River Uhl.
Post lunch, the trek will lead to Badagraan, which is the starting point of the trek to Rajgundha. The trek which will be an hour and a half long will pass by waterfalls, lush green meadows and many wooden bridges over the Uhl River.
After reaching the campsite in Rajgundha, you will be given a special Rajgundha tea with hot snacks.
Post sunset, the camp will lighten up with a bonfire with music. The night sky above will provide you with scenes of more stars than you may have seen ever.
The dinner today will also have a non-veg option available.
Overnight in tents on a sharing basis.
The morning starts with a mesmerizing view of the sunrise in Rajgundha Valley. You will go for a short session of sightseeing in Gundha Valley.
After breakfast, you will start trekking towards Bir for about 4 hours, via the Chhinna Pass with a cup of tea enjoyed at the highest point of the trek.
Post this, you will trek to Billing, where a vehicle will be waiting for taking you back to Bir.
Arrival in Bir will mark the end of this experience, and from there, you can move onto your return journey.
Write Your Story
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.