Meghalaya Bike Tour Highlights
- Travel through the Asia’s cleanest village, Mawlynnong also visit the Longest Living Root Bridge.
- Grasp the breathtaking view of the green valley from the Shillong Peak at the height of 6449 ft.
- Ride Through lush green forest and crossing beautiful waterfalls along the smooth motor-able path..
- Behold the tranquil beauty of the crystal clear water of Umngot river in Shnongpdeng and take a boat ride.
- Hop on for Jeep Safari with the guide in Search of One Horned Rhinoceros in Kaziranga National Park..
Meghalaya Bike Tour Overview
About the Destination :
Meghalaya, also known as the Abode of Clouds, is a state in northeast India that is home to some of the world's most diverse ecosystems. The state is known for many things, including its famous monsoons, rich traditional festivals, and dramatic terrain. Meghalaya has it all, whether you're looking for an adrenaline rush or a peaceful place to recharge yourselves. The Riding Experience in Meghalaya welcomes you with a stunning array of sights and experiences, including steamy jungles and spellbinding cliffs, rushing rivers, unique cultures, delectable cuisines, windswept highlands, and lush, verdant valleys.
Quick Facts About Meghalaya Bike Tour:
Starting Point/ End Point: Guwahati
Tour Type: Group Tour
Duration : 8 Days & 7 Nights
Route : Guwahati – Cherrapunji – Mawlynnong – Dawki – Shnongpedang – Kaziranga – Guwahati
February: 13,20 | March: 6,27 | April: 3 | May: 1 | October: 16 | November: 13 | December: 11,18
Inclusions of Meghalaya Bike Tour:
- Accommodation in Hotels and Homestay
- Breakfast and Dinner
- Service/ Backup vehicle for any emergency use
- Bikes selected as per the variant
- Mechanic back-up
- Experienced road captain
- Expenditure certificate
- All permits and tolls
- Jeep Safari
- First aid kit
- Oxygen cylinder
About the trip :
- Witness one of the wettest places on earth, Cherrapunji that is full of lush greenery along with hypnotizing waterfalls and ancient caves.
- Trek to the Double Decker Living Root Bridge which is the living architectural example of sustainable engineering.
- Visit the beautiful Umiam Lake (also known as Borapani Lake) which is the largest artificial lake in Meghalaya.
- Ride to Mawlynnong which is the cleanest village in Asia.
- Immense in some adventure sports or enjoy the view of crystal-clear water in Dawki.
- Visit the Dawki-Tamabil border crossing between India and Bangladesh that is nestled in the East Khasi Hills of Meghalaya.
- Enjoy an Elephant Safari or Jeep Safari at the Kaziranga National Park.
- Try spotting the rare one-horned rhino and the majestic tigers as you explore the wilderness of Kaziranga.
More Details about Meghalaya Bike Tour
Know Before You Go for Meghalaya Bike Tour
- Participants must follow the ride captain throughout the tour.
- A refundable security deposit is additionally charged per bike.
- Personal travel expenses are not a part of the package.
- Fuel for the trip has to be borne by the guest only.
- For safety purposes, a biking tour is not recommended for women who are more than 3 months pregnant, anyone that has had major surgery, or has a broken leg/arm, has chronic back or neck pains, etc.
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; it is advisable that you take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- Guwahati Airport pick-up and drop will be done in group (In a coach or tempo traveler). Individual pick up or drop requests cannot be fulfilled.
- Consult a physician before undertaking the tour. Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the tour.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the tour. The advisable baggage weight is 60 litres as you might have to carry the luggage to the backup vehicle, the accommodation, etc. Additional bags would have to be charged INR 1000/- per kg.
- Rates may fluctuate with any change in services/hotels. The difference in the cost shall be borne by the client in case of any amendment in the package due to an increase in the number of guests, hotel change, etc., before the beginning of the trip.
- The hotels are subject to their availability. In case they are not available, the travellers will be accommodated in a property of similar standard.
- Thrillophilia reserves the right to rearrange the itinerary due to any kind of disturbance that occurred (i.e weather condition, political condition or any others) without changing the total number of days and without compromising any service.
- Liability for change in itinerary due to reasons beyond our control like a change in flight and train schedule, cancellation of flights/trains, political disturbances, natural phenomenon, roadblocks, etc. will not be accommodated in the package cost. No bill will be reimbursed for any missed service/facility.
- Because of any reason natural or personal, if the tour or a particular activity is not completed, no refund will be processed.
- Pay heed to the tour guides and instructors in order to enjoy a safe and sound tour.
- All entry tickets for stupas, monasteries, sightseeing, state and entry fees, monument entrances, camera charges, permits, etc. are not a part of the package.
- GST is applicable to the package cost.
- Any personal expenses or items of personal nature will not be included in the package. Any meals or transfers not mentioned in the itinerary are to be considered an exclusion in the deal. Any kind of drink (alcoholic, aerated, or mineral water) is not included in the package cost.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations. Travellers littering may be fined.
- Usage of the swimming pool at any accommodation is strictly according to government guidelines.
- The exact location will be shared with you post-booking.
- Carry dry snacks/food, granola bars, etc. from home. Carry a regular and another insulated water bottle with you, so that you can refill.
- Any breakage or damage of any items in the resort will be charged at actuals.
- All international and domestic airfare, visa fees, airport tax or any kind of insurance cover is not a part of the package.
- Carry enough cash as the number of ATMs in high-altitude regions are comparatively less and there are long queues at times.
- We work with local guides and leaders who have the expertise of the region..
- All the travellers are requested to carry a copy of their medical certificate (if any) with them.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary are not actually included in the package cost.
- Transportation during the trip would be in Non AC & Non-Heater vehicles. Please wear clothes according to the weather while travelling.
- If in case any traveller wants to or decides to leave the trip in the middle, all the expenses from that point onwards will be borne by the traveller. Neither the operator nor Thrillophilia will be held responsible for such decisions or for any refund.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government are to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitization and use of mask recommended.
- ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival. PAN card will not be considered as a valid address proof.
- Always carry your driver's license, wear helmets and riding gear, etc., while riding a bike.
- Charges for rented gears are not covered in the package. The gears are available separately on rent. Contact the team to confirm the availability and to book the gears. The due rent should be cleared before the trip.
- Give room to passers and follow all road and State rules strictly.
- Do not park your bike anywhere on the way. Any damage occurred due to negligence will be borne by the rider.
- Check your bikes properly before every day's ride and keep the tour guide informed of the same.
- Do not consume alcohol or any other intoxicants during the rides
- Any fuel for the bikes, any charges for spares parts and damage caused to the bikes, etc. will be charged at extra.
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc. will be an additional cost.
- During a bike trip, in case the roads are blocked due to landslides or a reason that is beyond control, Thrillophilia will rearrange the itinerary for the travellers real-time, however, the cost of alternative accommodation will be borne by the customer as the hotels pre-booked execute their cancellation policies and are non-refundable.
- In case a rider leaves the bike in the middle of the trip, charges for re-transporting the bike to the destination will be borne by the rider.
- While riding on a bike, it is advised to carry luggage in rucksacks/backpacks instead of trolleys or suitcases as they generally get damaged due to driving on tough terrains.
- There will be a refundable security deposit per bike depending on the variant selected. Please ensure you pay that in advance and carry the receipt with you at all times to get a refund later.
Things To Carry for Meghalaya Bike Tour
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Back pack (50-60l)
- Water bottle
- Biking gears