About the Activity:
- Walking through the various localities is the best way to understand the culture and tradition of any city.
- Indulge in this half day walking tour and discover various key points and tourist locations of Male.
- Start your walking tour from Hulhumale around 09:00 AM by public ferry point.
- Enjoy a lovely introduction to the city and the Harbour area, an integral point for island economies, and pass by the oldest school in Malé
- Visit Hukuru Miskiiy or the Old Friday Mosque and the tomb of Abu Al Barakaath who is believed to have brought about the advent of Islam in the country.
- Sip on a refreshing cup of traditional black tea at the famous Royal Garden Café, housed in a rare example of a ‘ganduvaru’ or a nobleman’s house where you can witness a prime example of traditional, dark carved wooden interiors.
- Stop by at the November 3rd Memorial to hear about the heroism of 8 brave military servicemen at the 1988 Maldives coup d'état.
- Get a glimpse into the country’s Sultanate history while wandering through the Sultan Park. In fact, if you want, you can even visit the National Museum, although it will be at your own expense.
- Walk past the Grand Friday Mosque and the Islamic Centre, Male’s famous architectural landmarks.
- Head to Jumhooree Maidan – Independence Square where you can dive deeper into the symbolism of the national flag as well as spot all the major government buildings
- Lose yourself to the incredible sights, sounds and smells - a perfect taste of the local life.
- Chat with the local vendors, learn about native produce as well as sample some indigenous fruits or vegetables and homemade sweets for a truly mesmerising experience
- Climb up one of the tallest buildings in the city from where you can feast your eyes on spectacular panoramas
- End your trip with lots of memories around 01:00 PM.
Know Before You Go:Meeting Point
: Main Jetty Hulhumale (near Hulhumale ferry terminal). Please refer to the map
for assistance. The location is easily reachable by taxis.
Please arrive at the meetup location 15 mins before your tour departure time.Tour Duration
: 4 hoursTour Timings:
09:00 AM to 01:00 PM or 02:00 PM to 06:00 PM Hotel Pick Up and Drop
For an additional supplement, we can also offer hotel collection from hotels in Malé and Hulhumale.
If you're staying outside this area and still would like to book pick up, the local provider will contact you to indicate the price.