Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Pick-Up & Drop
Trip Location: Colombo
About Nuwara Eliya 2 Day Tour from Colombo:
With the Nuwara Eliya 2 Day Tour from Colombo, you get to explore the primary uplands of Sri Lanka and enjoy a delightful sightseeing activity that takes you to the beautiful surrounding of the city. The tour lets you grasp the beauty of waterfalls and tea plantations and hike to the amazing World’s End in Sri Lanka. You will also be able to enjoy one of the most popular hikes in the country, Sri Lanka and grab the spectacular views of the entire site.
The package is inclusive of Hotel pick-up and drop off by an air-conditioned vehicle in Colombo and delicious meals in the form of lunch for two days along with bottled drinking water. You shall also be provided with an English-speaking professional chauffeur guide. Also, the package is inclusive of insurance that would be provided by the operator.
Besides, you get to experience Nuwara Eliya's subtropical highland climate along with its colonial-era bungalows, Tudor-style hotels, accompanied by free entry at all places throughout the tour. The tour assures lifetime memories with your loved ones. The tour lets you grasp the beauty of waterfalls and tea plantations along with mountains, valleys, botanical gardens, temples that would hold you mesmerized at the overall composition of Nuwara Eliya
Write Your Story
The average cost of a 2 Day tour to Nuwara Eliya from Colombo costs an average of INR 8400 per person. Packages offering complimentary travel insurance and an English-speaking professional chauffeur guide are offered.
Most of the Nuwara Eliya tour packages include a visit to the beautiful waterfalls and tea plantations along with mountains, valleys, botanical gardens, temples that Nuwara Eliya is famous for.
Nuwara Eliya is a high altitude scenic hill town in Srilanka that is famous for its tea gardens and factories. There are many popular things to see and do in a Nuwara Eliya tour such as :
- Any Nuwara Eliya city tour ideally includes a visit to the spectacular lake Gregory nestled in a green valley famous for water-based adventure activities like jet skis, windsurfing, speed boating, boat rides, and pony rides.
- The Hakgala Botanical Gardens are one of the highest altitude botanical gardens in the world at 5400 ft. The garden is very famous for its colorful flowering plants.
- The Seetha Amman Temple which is the place where the demon king Ravana had housed Sita Amma according to Hindu mythology. The beautiful temple stands next to a scenic stream of water and is usually a part of the Nuwara Eliya city tour.
- A trip to Nuwara Eliya can be complete only with a visit to the Horton Plains National Park which is well known for the World’s End. The World’s End is a photogenic spot located at the edge of a huge cliff that marks the end of the Horton Plains plateau.
- A hike to the Moon Plains which is a scenic area surrounded by valleys and hills with well-marked walking paths.
- There are a lot of picturesque waterfalls like Bombruella Waterfalls, Glen Falls, Nanuoya Waterfalls, Lover’s Leap Falls and Ramboda Falls which add tremendous value to your trip to Nuwara Eliya.
- There are multiple historical tea estates with their own tea factories from the colonial past. They have a free tour of the factory and tasting of the tea varieties which is usually combined with the Nuwara Eliya city tour. Some of the famous ones are Damro Labookellie Tea Centre, Pedro Tea Factory and Mackwoods which offer a glimpse into the processes involved from cultivation to packaging of tea leaves.
Nuwara Eliya is well connected with major cities like Colombo and Kandy by train and bus routes. Colombo is 180 km from Nuwara Eliya and there is a good frequency of buses plying in between this route. Since Nuwara Eliya has no train station, your trip to Nuwara Eliya by train will be through a place called Nanuoya which is at a distance of 6 km from Nuwara Eliya. One can easily find cabs or tuk-tuks to reach Nuwara Eliya from Nanuoya train station.
Nuwara Eliya is famous for its high altitude tea gardens which produce one of the best tea leaves in the world. There are numerous tea factories with their own outlets selling a variety of flavoured and graded tea. Fresh strawberry jam can also be bought from a couple of strawberry farms. Nuwara Eliya is also famous for its winter market where one can stock up on winter clothing.
Though there is no regular annual snowfall, there have been random snow falls during the colder seasons of September and November. Nuwara Eliya is located at a height of 1,868 m and the weather is generally very cold with an annual average temperature of 16.3 Degrees Celsius.
The hill town of Nuwara Eliya is famous for its tea estates and numerous waterfalls like Bombruella Waterfalls, Glen Falls, Nanuoya Waterfalls, Lover’s Leap Falls and Ramboda Falls. It is also famous for its hiking trails like Horton Plains and Moon Plains. Any Nuwara Eliya tour is incomplete without a visit to the famous high altitude Hakgala Botanical Gardens.
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.