About Kingdom of Dreams
The year 2010, witnessed the sprawling rise of India’s first live entertainment, leisure and theatre park named the Kingdom of Dreams. Built over six acres of land, this exquisite destination is owned by the Great Indian Nautanki Company and comprises of lavish cuisine and cultural space within the premises known as the Culture Gully. The Showcase Theatre and the Nautanki Mahal located within the premises of the Kingdom of Dreams will freshen your weekend by offering some quality entertainment.
As you lay your feet inside the Kingdom of Dreams, a world of magical surreality with an impressive display of art will give you a warm welcome. The magnificent structures and the lively atmosphere of the place will dazzle your eyes and rejuvenate your senses. The site brims with technological advancements and will take you on a memorable journey filled with the unique blend of diverse cultures and lifestyles.
The place also organizes several musical performances, carnivals, and theatrical shows that lure visitors from all over the country. Many Bollywood stars also have their association with this magical venue, and the veteran actor Shah Rukh Khan himself is the brand ambassador of the Kingdom of Dreams. Thus, if you happen to be in Gurugram, then a visit to this iconic destination is inescapable as the animated ambiance of the Kingdom of Dreams along with its exciting happenings will be a lifetime’s opportunity to seize. Take your family, kids, and friends along and walk into the kingdom of ecstatic extravaganza.
How to Reach Kingdom of Dreams
If you are traveling to the Kingdom of Dreams from the Delhi International Airport, then you will get plenty of cab and rental car services. The distance between the two places is around 14 km and you can easily book an Ola or an Uber and reach your destination within half an hour.
The cab service will cost you around Rs 500-600. If you want to avail a budget-friendly way of reaching the spot, then take the Orange Line services from the New Delhi Metro Station to IFFCO Chowk Yellow. You can travel at a nominal cost but it will take around one and a half hours to reach the Kingdom of Dreams.
Best Time to Visit Kingdom of Dreams
The Kingdom of Dreams offers you its enthralling range of activities throughout the year. However, it is always advisable for tourists to schedule their visits during the cooler months between October and March as the pleasant weather makes the experience at this magical place all the more enjoyable.
During the summer, lasting between April to June, the unbearable heat makes it difficult to explore around the place and the unpredictable rainfall from July to September can spoil your day’s fun. Weekdays are comparatively less crowded than weekends, and if you want to avoid the rush then plan your visit accordingly.
What Not to Miss at Kingdom of Dreams
Places to Visit near the Kingdom of Dreams
There are many fascinating places in and around the Kingdom of Dreams where you can explore and seize some exciting moments. Some of the popular tourist hubs are:
1. The Museums- The Heritage Transport Museum and the Vintage Camera Museum are the two iconic places lying near the Kingdom of Dreams. At the transport museum, you will catch a glimpse of some vintage cars and get enriched about the evolution of the transportation system in India.
If you take a keen interest in the different aspects of photography and want to take a look at the various types of cameras, then a visit to the Camera Museum will turn out to be a worthwhile experience.
2. Damdama Lake- Situated at a distance of around 27.4 km from the Kingdom of Dreams, there lies a pristine lake amidst scenic settings. Fed by the monsoon each year, the lake has turned into a rainwater reservoir and will offer you a spectacular glimpse of the setting sun on the western horizon. The surrounding area serves ideal for camping, rock climbing, and other adventurous recreations.
3. Sultanpur National Park- A short drive of around 40 minutes will take you to another picturesque place, known as the Sultanpur National Park situated at a distance of 22 km from the Kingdom of Dreams.
Being one of the most popular tourist spots in the region, this park is the abode of different species of birds and is the ideal place for birdwatching. The commonly found birds here are ducks, ruffs, storks, ibises, flamingos, and myriad others. The amazing panorama of migratory birds during winter here will leave you in absolute awe. The park is a well-known picnic spot and you can also catch a glimpse of the sprawling vistas around from the watchtowers.
Other Essential Information About Kingdom of Dreams- Location: Auditorium Complex, Sector 29, Gurugram, Haryana 122001. ( It lies near to the IFFCO Metro Station).
- Timing: The park remains open from 12.30 pm to 11.30 pm from Tuesday to Sunday. It remains closed on Mondays.
- Price: The basic entry fee on weekdays is Rs 500 whereas on weekends it costs Rs 750 per person. There are different packages like the Diamond, Platinum, Gold, Silver, Economy and others ranging from Rs 1000- Rs 4000 with which you can avail varied facilities inside the park.
Zangoora and Jhumroo At Kingdom Of Dreams
At the Kingdom of Dreams, visitors can get to see different cultural and musical shows that will be worth the time and money. Two of the most famous shows that one can see here are:
1. Zangoora- The Gypsy Prince: This is a grand musical performance written by the eminent director and lyricist Javed Akhtar and the melodious music has been well composed by none other than the famous composers- Shankar, Ehsan, Loy.
Being a fantasy tale, this brilliant rendition will take you to the fictional land of Shaktishali where you will witness the triumph of Zangoora emerging as a Prince from being a gypsy lad. This musical show will be a perfect engagement for your kids as they will remain hooked to the screen with sheer inquisitiveness and awe.
2. Jhumroo- Produced by Witchcraft International Entertainment and Raghbeer Group, Jhumroo is a live musical performance based on the evergreen songs of the illustrious singer Kishore Kumar. The experience is fascinating as the retro tracks come to life along with unparalleled technology and offer you a quality evening. Jhumroo happens to be a favorite getaway for elderly parents as the musical journey takes them back to the nostalgic bygone years and amuses them with the occasional punchlines.
Culture Gully at the Kingdom of Dreams
The Culture Gully inside the Kingdom of Dreams is magnificently built over a large area and is an air-conditioned indoor boulevard where different cultures of India meet to give rise to a vibrant and thriving cultural space. There are fourteen state pavilions that will greet you to their own unique and rich traditions along with an array of spectacular purchases that will tempt you to splurge away your money.
It is one of the main attractions of the destination where under a shimmering roof, you will come across myriad tastes of art, craft, live performances, and cuisines. Here’s a list of things you must try at the Culture Gully:
1. You can splurge away your extra savings and buy some exclusive handicrafts, trinkets or souvenirs from here at reasonable rates. Check out the impressive home decors and the ethnic jewelry at the Crafts Village. The luring discounts will give way to a more eventful shopping experience.
2. Flanked by themed restaurants, cafes, and stalls, the aroma of delicious food will surely tempt you to grab a bite of the delectable tidbits or sip a cup of refined coffee. Ranging from Lebanese, Chinese and Indian, different flavors come together to offer your taste buds a relishing treat.
3. Do not forget to catch a mesmerizing folk dance performance or the other cultural shows that solely depict the rich diversity of our country.
Nautanki Mahal at the Kingdom Of Dreams
Book yourselves a seat at the Nautanki Mahal and embark on a marvelous cinematic experience offered to you at the Kingdom of Dreams. Along with an on-stage electrifying spectacle, the magic of the Indian Cinema is further boosted at this grand auditorium. Designed like a majestic palace and housing 864 seats, you will get to see different national and International screenings here. This impressive themed theatre has been exclusively built to provide an exceptional range of live entertainment where the screenings take place in multiple languages.
The experience is made more real with an inbuilt matrix sound system, automated fly bars, a hydraulic stage, and other such technological advancements that offer guests a superior quality stage-performance. The thematic decors along with the colorful props and stunning light and sound effects add to the charm of this distinct place.
Two performances get staged here regularly during the afternoons and evenings- the engaging story of Zangoora and the musical comedy-Jhumroo and you all are heartily welcomed to these enthralling shows. The Maharaja Lounge located inside the Nautanki Mahal that will serve you with an exquisite range of tasty snacks and luscious drinks at the intervals. Book your tickets, sit back and relax, as a theatrical extravaganza awaits you at the Nautanki Mahal.
Places to Eat near the Kingdom of Dreams
In and around the Kingdom of Dreams, there lie some of the well-known places where you can feed your hunger with a wide range of delectable cuisines. Take a look at the restaurants mentioned below where you can go and grab some appetizing menu.
1. Culture Gully- Here you will come across a myriad of tastes and flavors coming together from different parts of India. From Chinese to continental dishes and a plethora of local Indian cuisines, this place is the perfect destination for all foodies. Be it the street stalls or the themed restaurants, the delicious aroma of the food will make your hearts crave for a mouthful of the various dishes.
At reasonable rates, you can try the wholesome thalis, take a sip of the well-brewed coffee or simply grab a bite of the spicy tidbits. You wouldn’t want to miss this delicious indulgence at the Kingdom of Dreams.
2. Red Pepper- Lying just opposite to the Kingdom of Dreams, is this amazing restaurant where amidst a cozy setting and wonderful ambiance, you can enjoy a sumptuous range of food. At reasonable rates, you can try the different Mughlai, North Indian, and Chinese cuisines and relish the tasty desserts. This place is perfect for a family dinner and the outdoor sitting arrangement adds to the charm of the place.
3. The China Village- This restaurant lies very near to the Kingdom of Dreams where you can try some exquisite Chinese dishes. You will come across a tempting menu comprising spring rolls, wontons, Kung Pao Chicken, noodles and many more. The dimly lit ambiance and the friendly service of the staff renders a homely feeling to this restaurant.
4. Pind Balluchi- This is one of the famous North Indian family restaurants serving an amazing variety of vegetarian dishes. The freshly cooked food with an authentic traditional taste will linger on your mouths and will surely make you want to visit this place again.