Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Pick-Up & Drop
Trip Location: New Delhi
Write Your Story
Although, Akshardham temple opens every week from Tuesday to Sunday but closed on Mondays. The opening timings of Akshardham temple are from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM.
It will take approximately 2 hours to see Akshardham temple Delhi where you will discover an inner sense of peace. You will also get to watch water show that showcases a breathtaking blend of technology with creativity. This tour will be guided by the private professional English speaking guide who will assist you before and after the show.
No, Mobiles are not allowed in Akshardham Delhi. Apart from this, electronic items, bags, luggage, camera, Pendrive, laptop, are also not allowed in the premise of Akshardham temple. Everything has to be deposited at the cloakrooms near the inner entrance due to security reasons and you can take back after exist.
This is a completely free, safe & secure service provided by Swami Narayan Akshardham Trust.
The Akshardham light show timing is 7:15 PM which is held in the evening and showcases the interdependency between God, nature and man with Multi-color lasers, video projections, underwater flames, water jets along with sounds and lights. This show lasts for 24 minutes.
Although the temple timings are from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM. You might have to wait for 20-30 minutes for the film feature and the water show in the evening.
Yes, pick up and drop included in Akshardham light show package where you will be picked up by a well-versed driver from your desired hotel / Residence at 4:00 PM. A private English speaking local guide will also accompany you during your tour who will explain the story before or after the show because light and water show is conducted in Hindi.
You will be visiting places via air-conditioned, super comfortable vehicle for your smooth travelling experience and Witness the breathtaking carving of 20,000 gods & goddesses carved into the temple.
Akshardham temple in Delhi comprises of 200 sculptured stone figures of monks, Acharyas, divine incarnations and India's sages along with 9 ornate domes, Gajendra Pith, 234 carved pillars and 20,000 statues of divine figures of India
- The Central Dome: The deity is surrounded by many sculptures made with a composition of five different alloy
- Nilkanth Darshan: Such a beautiful theatre stages 40-minute film about the pilgrimage, shown in the giant screen and IMAX theatres undertaken by Swaminarayan.
- The hall of Values or Sahajanand Darshan: This hall holds the smallest robot in the world, the child version of Swaminarayan. Elements teach non-violence, vegetarianism, morality, prayers and others.
- The cultural boat ride: This focuses on middle age and the current modern development that explains the lifestyle of Indian during the Vedic period.
- Yagnapurush Kund or musical fountain: The largest step well in the country which is a resting spot for pilgrims in the morning and then a grand water show takes place for 24 minutes during evening time with a media, explains the life of a Hindu sage.
- Bharat Upavan: This garden is filled with bronze sculptures of various categories like freedom fighters, warriors, national figures, deity and others.
Any children age below than 4 years are complementary in this Akshardham light show package. On the other hand, any children ages between 4 years to 11 years will be charged INR 50 on the ground. Also, any adult above 12 years old & senior citizens will be charged INR 80 on the ground.
It is to be informed that Akshardham light show tour does not operate on Mondays so kindly book the package accordingly.
A minimum of 2 people are required to book Akshardham light show package and maximum 6 people can book. But, you can book the same tour multiple times if you are more than 6 in numbers.
There are various attractions near the Akshardham temple. Here are the major attractions which you can visit:
- Uttara Guruvayurappan Temple: One of the famous temples in East Delhi and the rare Lord Vishnu temples where the presiding deity faces the West. A trip to this temple is the perfect way to relax & end the day.
- Humayun’s Tomb: Humayun’s tomb is one of the best-preserved Mughal monuments, located in the eastern part of Dehli. The architecture is strongly influenced by Persian architecture.
- National Zoological Park: Originally called Delhi Zoo, has also an underground reptile house that is home to reptiles like the Gharial, Indian Cobra, Marsh Crocodile. Indian Star Tortoise and the Indian Sand Boa. Encounter with numerous species of birds like Peafowl, Grey Hornbill, Emu, Sarus Crane, and the Barn Owl.
- Purana Qila: One of the ancient forts of Indian Capital Delhi, with three gates to enter the fort and a moat nourished by River Yamuna.
Dress code for Akshardham temple in Delhi is respectable where the upper wear of both men and women should cover shoulders, chest, navel and upper arms. You can wear pants or shorts as long as they are below the knee-length.
In case the dress deemed inappropriate, a sarong is provided free of cost. Shoes should also be removed before entering to the Akshardham temple.
Yes, you can click pictures from outside as Mobile and camera are not allowed inside Akshardham Delhi. Every electronic item will get deposited at the cloakrooms near the inner entrance whether your phone or bags or laptop or camera.
Even, pen drives are also not allowed in Akshardham temple. You should also avoid using improper language, disrespect to any human, and rude behaviour. Pets are also not allowed on the premises of the temple.
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.