Trip Location: Rajgir
Suggested Departure Time: 9:00 AM
Tour duration: 8 Hours
Pick-Up & Drop-Off: Hotel/Residence within 20km radius in Patna, Bihar
About the tour:
Rajgir is a city and a notified area in Nalanda district in the Indian state of Bihar. All sightseeing is curated as per the customer's comfort in a sanitized car. A professional guide will also explain to you the hidden secrets and allies of the history of Rajgir and Bihar Sharif.
- Get engrossed in the history at Xuanzang Memorial, make a trip to Xuan Zang ( Hsuan Tsang ) Memorial.
- Then take an in-depth tour of the Nalanda Archaeological Museum.
- Finally, take in the spiritual surroundings of the Black Buddha Temple.
- Get ready for a full day of sightseeing the next day: stroll around Venu Vana Kalandakanivapa.
- Witness a stunning natural landmark at Rajgir Hot Springs.
- Take in the awesome beauty at Griddhakuta Peak.
- Later visit Bihar Sharif and explore places like the Tomb Of Makhdum Shah Sharif-Ud-Din a beautiful mausoleum of the Sufi Saint and Odantapuri.
Places covered during the tour:
Xuanzang was a Chinese monk-scholar who travelled from China to India in the 7th century to study at the Nālandā Monastery, collect manuscripts of the true teachings of Buddha and visit the sacred places associated with Buddha.
Nalanda Archaeological Museum
Nalanda Museum established in the year 1917 is one of the most prestigious site-museums of the Archaeological Survey of India.
Black Buddha Temple
Near Ruins of Nalanda University, a modern temple named the Black Buddha temple (termed by locals as the Telia Bhairav, "tel" refers to use of oil as a protective coating) has emerged near Temple 14 with has an ancient large black Buddha image in Bhumisparha Mudra.
Rajgir Hot Springs
Take a dip in natural hot springs located at the foothills of Vaibhav Hill, there are separate bathing places in different temples with natural water sprouting out of the ground.
This was the place where the Lord Buddha set in motion his second wheel of law and, for three months every year during the rainy season, preached many inspiring sermons to his disciples.
Tomb Of Makhdum Shah Sharif-Ud-Din
Tomb of Makhdoom Shah Sharif-Ud-Din, Bihar Sharif: It is a beautiful mausoleum of the Sufi Saint, the tomb was built in 1569 and is located on the southern shore of the river
You can choose the vehicle according to your group size or travelling needs.
Alto, Indica, Swift Dzire, and Etios
Suitable for up to 3 passengers
Tavera, Xylo, and Innova
Suitable for up to 5 passengers