Makalidurga Trek Highlights
- Embark on this exciting night trek to Makalidurga Fort with your companions that is situated at a height of 1117 m
- Explore the Makalidurga Fort along with a Shiva temple and witness some stunning views of the sunrise
- Indulge in rock-climbing activity as you make your way through the rugged path to reach the top.
- Experience the trek with the assistance of a guide and know more about the culture and history of the location.
- The Makalidurga night trek package is valued at INR 1400/- in the market
Makalidurga Trek Overview
Activity Location: Bangalore
Activity Timings: (10:00 PM Day 1 to 12:00 PM Day 2)
Makalidurga Trek Distance: 7-8 KM
Summit Height: 1117m
Pick Up/Drop Locations:
- RR Nagar (10:00 PM) - Gopalan Arcade, Mysore road
- Banashankari (10:30 PM) - Bus Stop
- BTM (11:00 PM) - Udupi Garden Bus Stop, Near A2B
- Silk Board (11:10 PM) - Near Krishna Bhavan Restaurant
- Marathahalli (11:40 PM) - Opposite Kalamandir
- Tin Factory (12:00 AM) - Bus Stop
About Makalidurga Trek, Bangalore:
Nestling on the top of the hill, Makalidurga is the best destination near Bangalore to embark on a trekking adventure. It is a place filled with spirituality and heritage with the old temple of Shiva with Nandi. With a lake snuggling on the west side of the hill, the destination becomes a perfect one to explore. Explore the fort of Vijaynagar used by its empire to train the soldiers and a Shiva temple as you ascend.
About The Activity:
- The timings of the Makalidurga Trek are from 10:00 PM on Day 1 to 12:00 PM on day 2.
- Get indulged in this overnight experience of night trekking near Bangalore at Makalidurga.
- Get picked up from your respective pick-up points and set off on your journey to the base village of Makalidurga night trek.
- Reach the base location and get ready to embark on your exciting trek of 7-8 KM distance and hike to a height of 1117 m.
- Begin this exciting trek after the briefing and guidance of an experienced instructor.
- Traverse through the rugged trails and enjoy rock climbing activity along with the fascinating views of the lake from the top along and explore the surroundings that include an ancient Shiva temple and old remnants of the fort.
- Stay there and soak in the spell-binding views of the stunning sunrise with your companions.
- Start descending to your base location, followed by a visit to the nearest local restaurant to get freshened up.
- Have your breakfast there and head back to Bangalore in shared transfers.
All participants aged 12+ years can participate in the Makalidurga night trek.
Min 2 people are required to book the Makalidurga trek.
Makalidurga Trek Itinerary
Select Package Option
Makalidurga Trek, Bangalore
More Details about Makalidurga Trek
Know Before You Go for Makalidurga Trek
- Do not carry valuables like jewellery or similar possessions.
- Consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek; smoking during the trek is also not allowed.
- Usages of plastic bags are strictly prohibited during the trek.
- The Makalidurga falls under eco-friendly zone; do not participate in plucking flowers, creating noise or disturb the vicinity in any form
- While trekking, tuck-in your tracks into the socks.
- Wear double layered socks to avoid direct contact of leeches during the tour.
- Do not wear tight-fit clothes as they might hinder your movement during the Makalidurga night trek.
Things To Carry for Makalidurga Trek
- Head torch
- Water bottle
- Hiking shoes
- Led torch (with extra batteries)