Into the staggering inclines and calming environs of the Garhwal Himalayas lies Lansdowne. If you want a break from the hustle and bustle of city life then camping in Lansdowne is the best way. camps in Lansdowne give an additional customary chance to the guests to collaborate with the excellence of Mother Nature and experience the best recollections of their life. Arranged in the thick forest of Pine, the camps in Lansdowne permit the people to appreciate the various experiences and viewpoints on Hills and the valleys. The view from dusk to dawn is marvelous here.
The camps in Lansdowne are discovered a few kms away from fundamental Lansdowne city on Tarkeshwar Mahadev Road. The outdoor tents are associated with washrooms and incorporated with every one of the significant conveniences to give comfortable accommodation to the voyagers. The best part of the camp here is the bonfire nights and the view while dining at the slopes and terrains.
People Also Ask About Camping in Lansdowne
Which are the best campsites in Lansdowne?
1. Camp Chayan: This camp is located between the pine woods and is known for scenic vistas. Chayan is the most secured camp as it is surrounded by iron grills for extra safety. The camp has 9 safari tents which are equipped with all basic modern amenities to give you a luxurious experience along with comfort. The view of the dusk is even more mesmerizing. The camp also arranges multiple adventurous activities at an additional cost.
Location: The camp is 25.3 km away from Lansdowne.
Price: Rs. 1750 Per Person
2. Wolf adventures Jungle Camping: This camp is known for its luxurious amenities and most popular among tourists. It has 24 hours room availability and a front desk for the whole day too. The camp is surrounded by pine thickets. The surrounding view of hills and valleys is breathtaking. The camp has 9 safari tents with attached washroom facilities. Few of the tents here have been covered with iron rods for extra safety. This camp provides free continental breakfast and has a wifi service too. The camp also has a restaurant too.
Location: This camping site is 13.9 km from Shree Sidhbali Temple and 26.5 km from Gandhi Park.
3. Camp Awara: This is the most loved camping in Lansdowne as it can occupy a large number of people and has a great menu too. Awara has 15 safari tents with attached washrooms and 10 dooms with common washroom facilities. It has a common Pahari-style dining area where you need to serve yourself, the menu is quite interesting and also has north Indian dishes on it. Flower pots have been placed throughout the site to keep you refreshed all time. The camp provides rope adventures, bonfires, and soft music to keep you entertained.
Location: 8km away from the famous Tarkeshwar Mahadev Temple
What is the best time for camping in Lansdowne?
The best time for Camping in Lansdowne is during the months of March to November as the winters are too cold here.
Is camping in Lansdowne safe?
Yes, camping in Lansdowne is completely safe but still pay attention to your guide and stick with your group as Lansdowne is surrounded by thick forests.
What activities can we do while camping in Lansdowne?
1. Rock Climbing: If you love climbing heights then this one's for you, hop over the rocks of nearby mountains and valleys to get a different perspective of nature.
2. Rappelling: It’s somewhat similar to rock climbing, the only difference here is you are tied to a rope and a device is attached to monitor you.
3. Flying Fox: Want to get a birds-eye view of the surrounding below from the blue skies then this must be given a chance. You are tied to a harness and made to swing across iron wires.
4. Burma Bridge: This bridge is made out of ropes and you have to balance yourself too by holding the side ropes for additional safety, you are tied to a safety harness and also a helmet is provided.
What are the important things to carry while going camping in Lansdowne?
- Identity cards and documents
- Basic Medicines
- Water bottles
- Raincoats and umbrellas
- Loose and comfortable clothes
- Light woolens
- Trekking shoes and slippers
- Dry snacks
What is Lansdowne famous for?
Lansdowne is known for its picturesque scenery, serene surroundings, calm weather, and adventure among the lap of the mighty Himalayas. All these factors make it a famous tourist destination throughout the year.