People Also Ask About Tours in Athens
What are the famous places to visit during the Athens Tour?1. The Acropolis: This was the very center of this ancient Greek city and acted as a citadel, situated atop a hill. The Parthenon Temple, a symbol of beautiful ancient Roman Architecture sits on the crown of Acropolis and is a must-visit. Apart from that, there are various other ancient monuments and sanctuaries within and around the Acropolis that one can explore throughout the day.
2. National Archaeology Museum: This is the biggest museum in the entire country and houses some of the most prestigious archaeological collections in the entire world. Some of the most iconic collections in this museum include the ancient Greek Sculpture Collection, Prehistoric Collection, Metallurgy Collection, Stathatos Collection, and the Vase & Decorative Objects Collection.
3. Plaka & Anafiotika: The charming and picturesque ambiance of these historical neighborhoods is what attracts endless tourists towards them. Walk across the narrow streets of these neighborhoods, visit some of the ancient churches present in the area, dine at some of the hidden restaurants and click endless beautiful pictures with a rustic backdrop to make your visit worthwhile.
4. Temple of Olympian Zeus: Dedicated to the Greek God Zeus, this ancient temple is believed to be the biggest one in ancient Greece. Even though a majority of the temple is in ruins now, visiting this place allows you to peek into the rich culture and grandeur of ancient Greek Civilization.
What are the best things to do during the Athens Tour?
1. Spend some time at Lake Vouliagmeni: If you wish to escape the crowded streets of Athens and escape into a completely peaceful and tranquil world, visit the thermal waters of Lake Vouliagmeni. Dip your feet into the warm waters with Garra Rufa fish nibbling on your town. You can also plan to snorkel to experience the underwater world at the lake.
2. Take a Food Tour: Your trip to Athens is not going to be complete unless you indulge in an exclusive and authentic dining experience at the hidden gems of the city. There are various hidden eateries around the town that do not have a menu but are famous for serving delicious and authentic Greek preparations on a daily basis.
3. Witness the beautiful Sunset from Acropolis: If you witness one of the most beautiful sunsets of your life, all you need to do is climb up to the top of the Acropolis during sunset and admire the beautiful fiery views of the setting sun against the backdrop of magnificent Parthenon.
4. Go shopping at Pandrossou Market: This amazing flea market is quite unique and awesome in its very own special way. However, if you wish to have a break from this overcrowded market, you can also head to one of the quaint cafes overlooking the ancient agora.
Which are the best romantic things to do in Athens?
1. Watch a movie in a Garden: Outdoor cinemas are quite popular in Greece. Watching a movie in the open with lush greenery all around the glittering skylight can actually be one of the most romantic things you could ever imagine. One of the most popular open-air cinemas in Athens that you can head towards is the Thission Open Air Cinema.
2. Catch a performance at the Herodion: The Odeon of Herodes Atticus is undoubtedly one of the most magical theatres in the entire world, with a history dating back to hundreds of years. This theatre adds a special touch to each and every ballet, operas, as well as Greek tragedies that get organized on its stage.
3. Experience the traditional Hammam with your partner: The exclusive Hammam situated in Athens allows travelers to achieve completely different heights of rejuvenation through their couple treatments. If you wish to relax with your partner after a tiring day of exploring the city, book a 2-hour special treatment and you would surely not regret it.
4. Enjoy drinks at a Rooftop Bar: There are endless hidden rooftop bars atop old buildings throughout the city with a splendid view of the Acropolis. Head towards one of them during the evening and enjoy the beautiful views of the ancient city whilst sipping on your favorite beer.