Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Pick-Up & Drop
Trip Starting From: New Delhi
Trip Location: New Delhi
You will be picked up from your Delhi hotel in the early morning.
Upon arrival at Amritsar, visit Indo-Pak Wagah Border to witness the Flag Retreat Ceremony.
Return to your hotel and enjoy your overnight stay.
On the next day, have your breakfast, start your sightseeing tour with Golden temple.
Proceed further to the Jallinwala Bagh.
Take a lunch break and then visit the Maharaja Ranjit Singh Summer Palace Museum.
Return to Delhi and drop off to your hotel.
Write Your Story
The distance from Delhi to Amritsar is 448KM which takes around 7 hours 26 minutes to reach. You can also travel via train which takes approximately 6 hours 15 minutes to reach Amritsar. If you are travelling by driving your own car, then it takes 8-9 hours at a distance of 470 km.
If travelling by air, it takes roughly 1 hour 10 minutes to reach Amritsar from Delhi.
The road from Delhi to Amritsar is quite smooth as butter but a bit pricey due to the several toll gates through the journey. This long journey from Delhi to Amritsar could be therapeutic for you. Throughout the journey, you will get to see camps set up, distributing free food, tea etc. to the passing vehicles.
- At Panipat, you will find world-class toll road that runs for around 10 km. You might face some traffic in mandi Gobindgarh which is a major hub for steel rolling industry.
- The Ludhiana – Jalandhar road which is about 50 km is fabulous. From Jalandhar to Amritsar, you have to very careful because of truck & tractor that can pop up right in front of you so keep the speed under control.
The ideal time to visit Amritsar is during winters from November to March when the weather is pleasant with the perfect blend of crispy and warm climate. However, this does not mean to avoid visiting the city at any other time of the year.
If you are not comfortable in a humid climate then monsoon may not be the best time due to the sun breaks through the cloud that makes the city warm and humid.
The Delhi to Amritsar tour package is of 2 days and 1 night where you will explore the major attractions of Amritsar. Begin your first day of Amritsar Tour by visiting Indo-Pak Wagah Border to witness the Flag Retreat Ceremony. You will get to watch the soldiers from both countries march in perfect drill, going through the steps of bringing down their respective national flags.
On the second day, you will be exploring The Golden temple and is surrounded by gleaming waters of the Amrit Sarovar. Next spot will be to the Jallianwala Bagh- a park that honors the lives of 1500 martyrs and followed by shopping in the old Amritsar Market. Finally, visit the Maharaja Ranjit Singh Summer Palace Museum and conclude your journey with sweet memories.
There are places various major attractions covered in Delhi to Amritsar tour package:
- The Golden Temple: Start off your journey with the most majestic sight, the Golden Temple that serves as a glowing symbol of brotherhood and equality. You should not miss tasting the delicious langar as this temple has the largest kitchen in the world that offers free food to everyone visiting. During your visit, you are required to wear a scarf over their head and remove your shoes before entering the temple & wash your feet in a small pool of water at the entrance.
- Wagah Border: It is located at a distance of 28 km from Amritsar, lies on the Grand Trunk Road and separates Amritsar in India, and Lahore in Pakistan. Since 1959 the flag ceremony conducted every day at sunset includes the closing of the international gates and lowering the flags of both the countries.
- Jallianwala Bagh: This beautiful garden houses a memorial to commemorate the massacre of thousands of innocent lives by the British forces.
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh Summer Palace Museum: One of the best museums in Punjab, a treasure house of the history, art and architecture of the Sikhs. This museum displays the cherished paintings and ancient coins and manuscripts.
A minimum of 2 people is required to book Delhi to Amritsar tour package. As this is a private tour, you will get to know about Punjabi culture and Sikh religious history on this two-day Amritsar tour. You will also get the chance to see the Golden Temple and catch the ritual flag ceremony at Wagah border.
So get ready to indulge yourself in the vibrant culture of Punjab and begin your journey in super comfortable, air-conditioned Sedan/SUV with a driver.
Stay in the 3-star hotel on double occupancy will be provided in the Delhi to Amritsar tour package
Yes, toll and parking charges are included in Delhi to Amritsar tour package along with fuel charges as well to make your journey more convenient.
No, the entry charges to attractions will not be included in Delhi to Amritsar tour package. You will have to make the payment for all the entrances for the monuments, palaces or forts. The tour package only includes sightseeing activity, transfer option, fuel, English speaking driver, English speaking guide and parking fees.
Delhi Amritsar Tour is a Private tour and a minimum of 2 people are required to book this package. You can book this private tour through Thrillophilia at a cost of INR 2300 per adult. During this private tour, you will be accompanied by a well-trained driver and a local English speaking tour guide.
The driver will help you with all your transports while the tour guide will help you with the information about the sites.
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.