Heritage Homestay in the Lush Green Forests of Thekkady Highlights
- Situated on the border of Periyar Tiger Reserve surrounded by tropical trees and Sahyadri hills
- Enjoy the majestic view of verdant mountains and lush green forests from the balcony of your room
- Explore the pristine waters of the surrounding lake with a fun-filled bamboo boat ride.
- Relax your mind and soul with a special spa Ayurvedic treatment and massage
- Enjoy a walk deep into the spice plantations and tea factory available nearby the property
Heritage Homestay in the Lush Green Forests of Thekkady Overview
Location: Periyar Lake Road, Thekkady
Checkin: 12:00 PM
Checkout: 10:00 AM
About the homestay and nature:
The homestay is located on the border of Periyar Tiger Reserve, the homestay makes you feel close to nature. The homestay is located in the beautiful hill station of Thekkady embraced with lush greenery, water streams, tropical trees, and the Sahyadri hills. The homestay offers you to have a relaxing holiday in the lap of nature.
The best time to visit Thekkady is November to February when the atmosphere is cold and pleasant. The average temperature range from 170C to 250C.
About its location and accessibility:
The villa is located on Lake Road and 2.3 km away from Thekkady city center. You can easily reach the destination through public or private transport.
Nearest Railway Station- Kottayam railway station is located at a distance of 108.1 km from the property.
Nearest Airport- The nearest major airport is Cochin International Airport which is located at a distance of 163.5 km from the property.
Nearest Bus Stand: Thekkady Bus stand is located at a distance of km away from the property.
About the Accommodation and Common Areas:
The homestay offers deluxe rooms and standard rooms. The rooms are designed to provide comfort and feature all the modern amenities such as cozy and comfortable beds, ensuite bathroom, TV, room service, and much more to ensure the comfort of the guests. The rooms have a beautiful view of the forest and valley from the window and balcony.
You can also avail the spa facility with ayurvedic massage and treatment to rejuvenate your soul and calm your mind. Spend quality time with your loved ones while sitting in the beautiful living area of the property. At the homestay, you can enjoy activities like an elephant ride, a boat ride along with some indoor-outdoor games.
About the activities:
Bonfire: Indulge in the round of bonfire activity with your family. The activity can be avail at an additional cost.
Spa treatment: Relax your mind and soul with a special spa treatment available at the property. The activity can be avail at an additional cost.
Boat ride: Explore the pristine waters of the surrounding lake with a fun-filled bamboo boat ride.
Elephant Ride: Experience the Elephant ride, elephant bathing, feed them at Elephant Junction Thekkady. (Subject to availability at additional cost )
Jeep Safari: Witness the beauty of the huge range of flora and fauna while doing a jungle safari at Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary. (Subject to availability at additional cost )
Plantation Walk: Enjoy the visit to the spice plantation nearby property with your loved ones.
Nearby tourist Attractions:
Periyar National Park: Home to Tigers, Elephants, and rare lion-tailed macaques, Periyar National Park is located at a distance of 10.5 km from the property.
Tiger Reserve: Located at a distance of 7 km from the property, this tiger reserve is a famous wildlife sanctuary.
Greenworld spices and herbals: Visit the Greenworld spices and Herbal located at a distance of 1.58 km from the property.
Mangla Devi Temple: It is built within the premises of the renowned Periyar Tiger Reserves. Mangala Devi also known as Kannaki which is a symbol of moral powers possessed by a woman. Located 10.6 Km from the property.
The homestay premises are adequately sanitized before the check-in. Hygienic conditions are maintained throughout your stay. Enjoy a carefree vacation and a comfortable stay in an isolated location with a lesser crowd and lower chances of contamination.
About the host:
You may encounter situations where you require assistance or service during your stay. The homestay offers the services of experienced and helpful hosts and you can reach out to the help desk for any service or inquiries, you'll receive the help and service with a warm smile.
More Details about Heritage Homestay in the Lush Green Forests of Thekkady
Know Before You Go for Heritage Homestay in the Lush Green Forests of Thekkady
- The number of guests must not exceed the count mentioned at the time of booking.
- Guests are earnestly requested to treat the home with care.
- Being near villages, loud music or parties are not appreciated.
- Smoking, drinking alcohol and consumption of drugs is strictly prohibited.
- Children below 5 years of age will not be charged.
- There are dustbins everywhere to dispose of garbage as the place is very strict about cleanliness and littering will be fined.
- ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival. PAN card will not be considered as a valid address proof.
- All foreign nationals must share their passport and visa details prior to their stay.
- Any breakage or damage of any items in the resort will be charged at actuals.
Deluxe Room with Balcony with Breakfast
The room features a private balcony having a majestic view of lush green gardens and verdant mountains. With various other amenities such as a comfortable bed, private bathroom, heater, and wifi, the room ensures the comfort of the guests. The room is ideal for a couple or a small family group of up to 3 guests.
- Television with Satellite/cable channels
- Coffee/tea maker
Standard Room with Breakfast
The standard room comes with a comfortable bed, attached bathroom, TV, water heater, free wifi, and various other facilities to give you all the comfort and luxury. The room is ideal for a couple or a small family group of up to 3 guests.
- Television with Satellite/cable channels
- Coffee/tea maker