Goechala Trek Highlights
- Mt. Kanchenjunga - the third highest peak, along with 14 others peak view will left you in awe as you passes through each day in your trek.
- Experience the cuddling features of thick rhododendron forests of Kanchenjunga National Park, where the forst doesn't end at 10,000 ft.
- The still lake of Samiti with the views of Pandim Peak with melt your heart away, along with mystical settings of Thangshing.
- Not to be missed Sunrise view from Dzongri Top of Kanchenjunga, where the mountain looks beautiful as the sun rises and changes the colour.
- Pha Khola, Tshushay Khola and Mentogang Khola - the suspension bridges over the Prekchu river will left you in surprise
Goechala Trek Overview
About GoechaLa Trek:
Goechala trek is nestled at a height of 4600m, with a closer look at the third-highest peak-Mt. Kanchenjunga. It is a dream and desire for hundreds of adventure lovers. Bounded by the mesmerizing flora and fauna, which are so vibrant and colourful to cheer up one's mood. The Goechala pass trek is a bundle of big summits, making it an absolute adventure to embark on. The trail link with the famous Kanchenjunga National Park, where one can witness the true nature, enough to revitalize your senses. To watch the mountains clearly, April and May are the ideal months. Since the sky is completely clear during this time and the sunset-sunrise views can be captured.
- Trekking duration: 10D/9N
- Maximum Altitude: 15100ft
- Difficulty Level: Difficult
- Trek Distance: 90 Km
- Temperature Range: April - June: 15 to 22 Degrees (Days); -1 to 7 Degrees (Nights), September – Nov: 10 to 15 Degrees (Days); -5 to 5 Degrees (Nights)
- Best Time to Travel: April end - May And September - November
- Railway Station: New Jalpaiguri (NJP) is the nearest railway station, which is 150 km away from Yuksom
- Airport: Bagdogra Airport which is 155 km from Yuksom
- ATM: Jorethong which is one the way Yuksom that's the last ATM point before your trek begins.
- Starting and Ending point: Yuksom
How to reach :
By Train :-
New Jalpaiguri or NJP is a major railway station located in south west of sikkim. There are many long distance trains arrives or pass through the NJP station. You can choose to come to Kolkata and take one of the many trains to NJP. If you are coming from Delhi or north part of India, try to take any north east train which directly goes to NJP by passing Kolkata.
Flying to Bagdogra is another option that you can choose though flights to Bagdogra tend to be pricier than those to Kolkata. You will get the flights from almost all the Metro cities of India .
Goechala Trek Package Inclusions :
- 2 Nights Guest House / Homestay accommodation in Yuksom on Quad/Triple Sharing basis.
- 7 Nights Tented accommodation while on trek on triple sharing basis.
- All Veg Meals from 2nd Day Lunch to till 9th Day Lunch while on Trek
- Morning, evening tea/coffee served with light snacks while on trek.
- Trekking Equipment like Sleeping bags, Sleeping Mattress, Sleeping tents, utensils.
- All fees and permits for Indians.
- Dinner on Day 1 and Breakfast on Day 10 is included.
- Basic First Aid Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder and Oxi Meter.
- Qualified and experienced Trek Leader and support staff.
Available dates : -
May - 1,8,15,22,29
June - 5
September - 18,25
October - 2,9,16,23,30
November - 6,13,20,27
[ Note : If you are a group of 5 or more people then the dates can be customised ]
More Details about Goechala Trek
Know Before You Go for Goechala Trek
- Transportation to and fro from NJP Railway Station or Bagdogra Airport is available on request on additional charges.
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- Pay heed to the tour leaders or instructors in order to enjoy a safe and sound experience.
- Avoid roaming during the nights.
- The tour takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.
- Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the Goechala Pass Trek.
- Porters or helpers to carry Central Equipment's
- You can also offload your bagpack by paying extra. Your bag should not weight more than 9 kgs.
Things To Carry for Goechala Trek
- Warm clothesMandatory Item
- Back pack (50-60l)Mandatory Item
- Water bottleMandatory Item
- Hiking shoesMandatory Item
- Walking stickMandatory Item
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Day pack (20-30l)
- Extra pair of socks
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Waterproof windcheater
- Woollen cap, socks, mittens & scarf
- Thermal inners