Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Pick-Up & Drop
Trip Location: Ella
Ella, the famous mountain village & a paradise of hills with stunning views and home to the famous Nine Arches Bridge. Experience the natural beauty of Ella and tea plantations to temples, waterfalls, and viewpoints.
About the activity:
You will be picked up from the hotel near Nuwara Eliya and start your day from Ella rock. You will enjoy it if you are interested in hiking and trekking, through tranquil woodland and tea plantations. Climb down from Ella rock and get transferred by Tuk-tuk to visit 9 arch bridge which is one of the iconic bridges in Sri Lanka. It is located in Demodara, between Ella and Demodara railway stations. The bridge was built entirely of solid rocks, bricks, and cement without using a single piece of steel. The Nine Arch Bridge also called the Bridge in the Sky.
Enjoy lunch at the local's favorite spot and start the hike for Little Adam’s peak named after the sacred Adams Peak. Enjoy the views of people who plucking and collecting tea leaves, working in their estates and after that, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Nuwara Eliya.
Delicious Buffet lunch will be included.
Minimum occupancy: 2 Pax
Maximum occupancy: 8 Pax
Starting time: 07.00 am
Endtime: 05.30 pm
07:00 am: You will be picked up from the hotel near Nuwara Eliya.
08:30 am: Start your day from Ella rock and climb to Little Adam’s Peak.
10:30 am: Climb down from Ella rock and transfer by Tuk-tuk to visit nine arch bridge.
01:00 pm: Lunch at the local's favorite spot.
02:00 pm: Start the hike for Little Adam’s peak.
05:30 pm: Transferred back to your hotel in Nuwara Eliya.
Write Your Story
The average cost of a full day Ella tour is INR 5100 per adult. The Ella sightseeing package generally includes hotel pickup and drop, services of a professional English speaking guide and lunch.
The average time taken to complete the Ella sightseeing activity is 10.5 hours including the hotel pickup and drop. Hiking Ella Rock and Little Adam’s peak is a serene trail that winds uphill through the tea estates and the shrubbery on the hills. You’ll also visit the 9 Arches bridge which is a very famous landmark built from stone bricks and cement without using any steel.
The Ella tourist attractions covered during this activity are:
- Ella Rock : The trek begins from near a railway track and winds uphill through the tea estates and the shrubbery on the hills. The views of the valley and green covered hills are very picturesque. The last stretch of climbing the Ella Rock is a bit steep but the view from the top makes you forget the strenuous bit and stare in awe at the surrounding landscape filled with rising mist and clouds splattered across the large swathes of green covered hills. The town of Ella is at an elevation of 1041 m and can be seen from the vantage points along the trek.
- 9 Arches Bridge : The 9 Arches bridge is a very famous landmark that is of colonial heritage in Sri Lanka. The bridge is built from stone bricks and cement without using any steel which makes it a construction marvel. The surrounding valley is filled with green and makes the site of the bridge more spectacular. The track runs from a tunnel and onto the bridge and is a very popular tourist attraction in Sri Lanka.
- Little Adam’s Peak : The Little Adam’s Peak is named after the bigger Adam’s Peak near Nuwara Eliya. Little Adam’s Peak sunrise is one of the most memorable ones. It is at a height of 1141 m. The cycling path provides spectacular views of paddy fields, tea plantations and a glimpse of rural Sri Lanka. The picturesque view of the surrounding landscape and greenery is captivating and calms the mind and soul.
The distance from Colombo to Ella is 236 km by road and there are multiple modes of transportation available.
- By Taxi/Private transfers: The road journey by car takes around 3.5 hours to reach Ella from Colombo airport. Taxis can be booked at travel desks and private transfers can be booked with huge discounts and attractive offers on Thrillophilia.
- By Bus: Travelling by bus takes more than 7 hours. Buses can be boarded from Colombo Bus Station.
- By Train: The journey by train takes around 8-9 hours and there are no direct trains. Trains can be boarded from Fort station.
Some of the things to carry for Ella sightseeing activity which can make your trip more comfortable and convenient are:
- A camera to capture your memories forever.
- Water bottle to quench your thirst.
- Sunglasses to beat the glare.
- Sunscreen lotion.
The other inclusions in the Ella tour activity that makes the package more attractive and value-based care:
- Hotel pickup and drop-off Transport by tuk-tuk
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Buffet lunch
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.