Kodachadri Trek Highlights
- Hike past dense forests, Kumble Village, Hidlumane Waterfalls, jungle trails, and picturesque landscapes of Shimoga
- Reach 1,343 meters above the sea level and achieve conquering the 10th tallest peak in the state
- Explore the home of unique species like Malabar Langoor, Malabar Pied Hornbill, and Indian Rock Python
- Enjoy a fun-filled jeep ride and witness an amazing sunset while you descend down to the campsite
- Avoid the hassles of transportation by availing comfortable pick-up from points such as Indiranagar, Domlur & Goraguntepalya Metro station
- Avail the assistance of experienced and professional guide, dedicated to cater a hassle-free experience
Kodachadri Trek Overview
Kodachadri Trek Start Point/End Point: Bangalore
Kodachadri Trek Start Time/ End Time: 8:30 PM (1st Day) - 10:00 PM (2nd Day)
Pick-Up Points and Timings:
Indiranagar, Near CMH Park at 8.30 PM
Domlur, New Shanthi Sagar Hotel at 8.45 PM
Goraguntepalya Metro station at 9.30 PM
About Kodachadri Trekking, Shimoga:
Go for an enthralling Kodachadri Trekking session at Shimoga and witness its numerous waterfalls and mountain peaks - implying the most ideal nature getaways close to Bangalore. Trek on the challenging trails which is accompanied by the views of the Tunga River, lush green forests and mountain landscapes, beautiful waterfalls of the Western Ghats. Hike towards the peak of Kodachadri - located at 1,343 meters above sea level and prominently known for being the 10th tallest peak in the state.
Witness the perfect canvas from the top that implies the backdrop of the famous Mookambika Temple and the Mookambika National Park. Kodachadri trekking offers the adventurists the opportunity to explore the lush green hillside views and celebrate the wonders of nature. If you are lucky, you might catch the sights of unique species such as Malabar Langoor, Malabar Pied Hornbill, and Indian Rock Python among many others. On the Kodachadri trekking experience, you can experience the beauties of nature and experience the serene environment with camping right in the middle of the woods.
Other Relevant Information about Kodachadri Trekking:
Kodachadri Trek Distance: 14 km (to and fro)
Kodachadri Trek Difficulty Level: Easy-Moderate
Max Altitude: 1,343 meters above sea level
Trail Type: Dense Tropical Rainforests, Waterfalls, Meadows, and Cliffs
Kodachadri Trek Best Time: September to January
About the Activity:
- Begin with this thrilling experience by departing from Bangalore by 9:30 PM from the following pickup points and make your way towards the Kodachadri trek.
- Indiranagar, Near CMH Park at 8.30 PM
- Domlur, New Shanthi Sagar Hotel at 8.45 PM
- Goraguntepalya Metro station at 9.30 PM
- Travel through a tranquil 8-hour drive covering approximately 400km through the districts of Tumkur, Shimoga and Nagara.
- Reach by 6 AM and take rest at Kodachadri homestay where you can enjoy a refreshing and filling breakfast, followed by proceeding towards the fascinating Kumble Village by 8 AM.
- Traverse towards the picturesque Hidlumane Waterfalls through the beautiful woodlands and witness nature’s supreme glory.
- Know more about the activity with a brief explanation from the guide about the Kodachadri trek and begin with the enthralling Kodachadri Trekking expedition post savouring lunch.
- Reach the top of the Kodachadri Peak by approximately 3 PM and preview the breath-taking hills and landscapes.
- Enjoy the beautiful sights and prepare to head back down to the homestay. Descend to the campsite via jeep ride after sunset, and enjoy one of the most magical evenings of your life.
- On reaching, enjoy a delicious dinner beside a wistful campfire and retreat to your room for the night.
- On the 2nd day, wake up to a chirpy morning at 6 AM and freshen up to relish a hearty breakfast.
- Make your way towards the tranquil Shivappa Naik’s Fort, which is located in the placid town of Nagara. Reach the beautiful fort by 11 AM and get astonished at the gorgeous surroundings.
- After an hour, you will depart towards Bangalore and reach Bangalore by 10:00 PM. Get back home with splendid memories.
More Details about Kodachadri Trek
Know Before You Go for Kodachadri Trek
- The instructor reserves the right to reject any participant deemed unfit to be part of the activity.
- Participants must pay attention to the guidelines given by the instructor before and after the activity.
- Avoid consuming heavy food or alcoholic beverages before and after the activity.
- ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival. PAN card will not be considered as a valid address proof.
- All foreign nationals must share their passport and visa details at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- Any personal expenses or items of personal nature will not be included in the Kodachadri trek package. Any meals or transfers not mentioned in the itinerary are to be considered an exclusion in the deal.
- For safety purposes, the Kodachadri trek is not recommended for women who are more than 3 months pregnant, anyone that has had major surgery, or has a broken leg/arm, has chronic back or neck pains, etc.
- The Kodachadri trekking activity might be delayed or postponed due to weather conditions. In such a scenario, the next best possible time slot will be informed.
Things To Carry for Kodachadri Trek
- Water bottleMandatory Item
- Hiking shoesMandatory Item
- Warm clothes
- Walking stick