- The Gurso Bugyal is a vast meadow which unfolds into forests of Oak and other trees.
How to get there
By Air: The nearest airport is Jolly Grant, situated at a distance of about 24 km from the main Rishikesh town.
By Road: Road network is well connected to all major towns of Uttaranchal and surrounding areas.
By Rail: Rishikesh is linked to all the major towns and cities of India. Some of the links are accessible only from Haridwar. From here you need to take a bus to national highway no 58.
Best time to visit: December to February
- Ski training courses are available here.
- Skiing in Auli is a thrilling experience not to be missed.
- Skiing equipments include the alpine skis, nordic skis, gloves and goggles.
- Skiing gear is available on hire.
- Other attractions are cable car rides, rope lifts and snowball fights.
Things to Carry
- Keep extra pair of clothes and sunglasses.
- Take medications such as inhalers, bee-sting kits, insulin and first aid box.
- Bring woolen clothings, cap, socks, dark glasses, gloves, mufflers, pullovers, wind-proof jacket, gum/snow boots and a torch light in their travel kit.
- Microwave telephones, wireless sets and walkie-talkies are available as communication in Auli.
Other Attractions in the Vicinity
Joshimath: Joshimath is a well known tourist spot and centre of pilgrimage. It has a tourist bungalow, and dharamshalas. It is the main source to go for valley of flowers trek. Visit the markets of Joshimath, and rest there in forest rest houses or in Gurudwara.
[Also know about skiing adventure in Kedar Kantha]
Gusro Bugyal: Around 3 km from Auli, Gusro Bugyal is vast grassland that is set in woodland of oak and conifer. It is placed at an elevation of 3056 meters above sea level.
Saildhar Tapovan: It is about 15 km from Joshimath. It is a tiny settlement with many hot water springs.