If a Ladakh trekking adventure is what you are looking for without getting into something too strenuous, Stok Kangri is for you. The peak has a height of about 6137 meters above sea level, and is one of the smaller peaks of Ladakh. The trek to the top of Stok Kangri is a relatively easier one, but exciting nevertheless. The views you get from the top of this magnificent Ladakh peak are just mesmerizing. With a professional guide to lead your way to the summit, you will have a thoroughly enjoyable experience with this Ladakh package.
Day 1: Drive from Leh to Stok and then trek to Mancarmo
Day 2-3: Trek from Mancarmo to Stok Kangri summit and back to Base Camp
Day 4: Trek from Base camp to Stok village
- Trekking to the top
- Mystic peak view
- Desolate Mancarmo
- Great Karakoram range
- Accommodation in Guest House in Padum and Hotel in Kargil with all meals.
- All transportation by Toyota Qualis, Innova or Scorpio.
- Two men tent, Kitchen and dinning tents.
- Kitchen equipments and Toilet Tent.
- Stool, Table and mattresses.
- Food veg and non-veg.
- Cook, helper and guide.
- Horses for Luggages.
- Monument entrances, wild life fees and camping charges.
- Climbing permit to Stok Khangri and Equipments.
- Any flight tickets and any Accommodation except Padum and Kargil.
- No accommodation in Leh is included in Trekking Packages.
- Sleeping Bags, trekking shoes and clothing.
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
- Any thing not specifically mentioned under the head Prices Included.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls.
- Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated)
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Summer: -3 degree C to 30 degree C, March to June, from 20 degree C to 38 degree C
- Winter: -20 degree C to 15 degree C, October to February, 5 degree C to 15 degree C.
- Monsoon: Around 38 degree C, July to September
Been on this Tour? Tell us about it.
Be the first to review this tour
Day 1: Leh-Stok to Mancarmo
Early in the morning we will leave from the Leh. When we reach at Stok then there the pony man will load big backpacks on horses which are waiting for us. As the Mancarmo is a beautiful valley we further move on to the valley with our Daypacks, there are very unusual formation of the rocks which can point towards the green, purple and orange color. For the stock villagers the Mancarmo is the summer pasture.
Day2: Mancarmo to Base camp
This is inhabited by only marmots and blue sheep, and we go gradually higher into desolate area. Which is surrounded by the high mountains. And then we prepare our self in the base camp for the big day.
The base camp to Summit (takes about ten to eleven hours to reach) We will leave early in the morning at around 1:00 or 2:00 am which is fully depending upon the weather condition. The conditions are better at night and morning because at this time sky is clearer and because of snow and colder we have harder to walk on it. Then we take a cup of tea and just walk on along with our bags, and with our torches we walk on further. In full moon light the moonlight will guide us in its glow. It is strenuous walk, we can make use of the rope even here which is depending upon the snow condition.
When we come close to the top of mountain, we forget about the hardship as we are surrounded by the beautiful sight. Then in good weather condition we can see Saser in the Great Karakoram range, where the k2 lies. And to bring good fortune, we leave our khatag, scarf and the mountain with flags. Then we leave peak and by the time we arrive at the camp and at that time there is only one thing in our mind to take a rest in our cozy sleeping bags.
Then after taking our breakfast we retracing our footsteps to go down Stok.Then after reaching to Stok we will drive back to Leh.
WHY BOOK WITH US?
YOU ARE OUR #1 PRIORITY
We're absolutely dedicated to helping you discover local experiences, getaways, and the gear you need to get out there.
As a booking platform, we support you at all times during your booking and most importantly during your trip.
HASSLE FREE EXPERIENCE
We assure you a delightful and hassle free booking experience at the click of your mouse.
CHANGED YOUR MIND?
We have enough experiences for multiple destinations. You can cancel and shop for another one.
Grab some exciting deals to some offbeat destinations.
WIN A FREE TRIP
This month you can win: