Triund Trek Highlights
- Referred to as heart or crown of Dharamshala and Mcleod Ganj, Triund trek is one of the most popular & splendorous treks in the Himalayas, situated at an altitude of 7700 feet
- Night camping at the top of Triund under the starry sky will be the best experience one can ever have
- Trek through the highest waterfall of McLeod Ganj, the Bhagsu nag waterfall
- Triund is a gorgeous grassy alpine meadow situated at the top of the hill from where one can witness the breathtaking view of majestic Dhauladhar ranges and panoramic view of Kangra valley
- Revel the camping at a high summit of Mana village below the billions of stars
Triund Trek Overview
About The Triund Trek:
Triund trek is one of the shortest and easiest Himalayan treks with spectacular scenery and a picturesque view of snow-covered Dhauladhar ranges and Kangra valley.
This two days short trek can easily be done on a weekend. Most of us barely get enough time to travel, explore new places and go on an adventurous trip. Triund trek allows us to explore the beauty and calmness of Himalayans, this trek might be short but it will; surely give you a little taste of adventure as the trail is a little steep at some points.
Triund Trek Quick Facts:
Start/ End Point of the Trek: Mcleodganj
Triund Trek Distance: 14 Kms
Triund Trek Height: 9350 feet
ATM: Last ATM is in McLeod Ganj
Mobile Network: BSNL/Vodafone works the best in these areas
Trekking Gradient: Easy To Moderate
Triund Trek Best Time: March till December
Triund Trek Package Inclusions:
➔ Accommodation in Dome tents on sharing basis
➔ Meals while on trek (Veg.)
➔ All necessary permits and entry fees
➔ Oxygen cylinder, first aid medical kits and stretcher
➔ Professional Trek Leader (Mountaineering qualified), Guide, and Support staff.
Available Group Departures:
➔ May: 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 22, 29
➔ June: 1, 5
➔ Sep: 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26
➔ Oct: 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30, 31
➔ Nov: 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28
➔ Dec: 4, 5, 11, 12, 17, 18, 22
Note: Customization available
How to reach:
Gaggal Airport or Kangra Airport at Dharamshala is about 20 km away from McLeod Ganj and is well connected to Delhi, Kullu, and Chandigarh. A number of state-owned and private buses connect McLeod Ganj with other cities like Delhi, Chandigarh, and Dharamshala. Pathankot Railway Station, situated approximately 90 km away, is the closest broad gauge railhead serving those headed to McLeod Ganj.
Triund Trek Itinerary
Select Package Option
More Details about Triund Trek
Know Before You Go for Triund Trek
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travellers littering may be fined.
- All the activities depend upon the weather.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government are to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitisation and use of mask recommended.
- Please carry a valid ID proof at the time of the activity.
- Since its difficult to provide all the facilities in the mountains, one must not expect luxuries. Electricity may be available only at a few locations.
- Bonfire would be dependent on weather conditions.
- In case of bad weather any Govt restriction, the campsite location might change to Dharamkot
- Children below the age of 7 years are not recommended for Mcleodganj to Triund trek.
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be in part of the Triund trek package.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home. Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the triund trek during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- It is recommended to carry season wise clothes and the right kind of shoes for the triund trek.
Things To Carry for Triund Trek
- Warm clothesMandatory Item
- Day pack (20-30l)Mandatory Item
- Water bottleMandatory Item
- Hiking shoesMandatory Item
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Extra pair of socks