Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
I visited this beautiful homestay last week and I recommend everyone to visit this place at least once. The perfect weather with coffee smell in blowin...
Bought this tour from Thrillophilia and totally loved the experience. The homestay was so beautiful and adorable. Amazing place to take a break from st...
About the Destination:
Settled amid the aromatic coffee estates, scenic views and majestic mountains, Spectrum Homestay is a dreamy place located at a distance of 10 km from the main town of Chikmagalur.
Chikmagalur is an enchanting hill station snuggled in the foothills of the Mullayanagiri Range of Karnataka in South India. The place is known for its rich coffee plantations, intense forest areas, and brilliant rainfall. The homestay, thus, revels in cascading waterfalls, brimming green valleys, breathtaking weather, magnificent mountain ranges, and places worth visiting.
The history behind the name of Chikmgalaur is quite interesting. Years ago, this region was gifted as dowry by a popular local chief to his younger daughter. The place was then named as Chikmagalur, which means ‘younger daughter’s town’ in Kannada.
The place is known as the ‘Coffee Land of Karnataka’ for this is the first place in India where coffee was cultivated. The fresh breeze of the valley often carries a whiff of coffee with it. During your stay in the homestay, you literally wake up smelling the coffee!
This scenic place falls on the leeward side of the spectacular Western Ghats, and thus, experiences a soul-invigorating climate all through the year. The best place to soak in this weather is from Spectrum Homestay, a place that will give you comfort of home, only, you will be surrounded with nature and served delectable food anytime of the day. Also, since Chikmagalur
Chikmagalur is also dotted with popular tourist spots, such as Jhari Falls, Hirekolale Lake, Baba Budan Giri, Mullayangari, Bhadra River, Kudremukh National Park, and Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary. Most of the top attractions of Chikmagalur are easily accessible from the homestay.
It is recommended to book a homestay during your vacation in Chikmagalur since the true energy of this beautiful town shall only be felt by living in an authentic homestay, like Spectrum Homestay. In a nutshell, Chikmagalur is simply mesmerizing.
About the Homestay:
Spectrum Homestay Chikmagalur is one of the most breathtaking properties found in and around Chikmagalur. The place is glorious with coffee plantations, fresh mountain breeze, picturesque views, rambling waterfalls, and of course, the comfort of home.
The place brims with beautiful coffee landscapes and there is nothing more relaxing than soaking your mind and soul into the admiration of the panorama that can be seen from your bedroom. You can also indulge in countless activities offered by Spectrum Homestay.
The most popular activity to do here is trekking through the aromatic coffee plantations followed by a visit to the famous Coffee Museum and of course, exploring the off-beat forest trails that often lead to fresh waterfalls and undiscovered streams.
Some of the other local attractions include drive to numerous waterfalls, such as Manikyadhara, Kallathigiri, and Hebbe. You can also drive to another quaint hill station of Kemmangundi on a good day. Other popular places to visit from Spectrum Homestay include Mullayanagiri, the tallest mountain peak in the state, Safari in Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary and Muthodi National Park, Dharmasthala, Horanadu, Sringeri, and Amritapuri.
If you are an indoor person, then you can play our in-house games like Ludo, Cards, Snakes & Ladder, Carom, and dart games.
Write Your Story
Rated : 5.0
I visited this beautiful homestay last week and I recommend everyone to visit this place at least once. The perfect weather with coffee smell in blowing air can soothe your mind to a great level. Thank you Thrillophilia for providing me such an hassle-free experience.
Rated : 5.0
Bought this tour from Thrillophilia and totally loved the experience. The homestay was so beautiful and adorable. Amazing place to take a break from stressed life.
The Spectrum Homestay in Chikmagalur offers various facilities such as:
- Free parking, a swimming pool, and a restaurant.
- As Spectrum Homestay is pet friendly, you would not have to leave behind your furry friend.
- The homestay also provides free delicious breakfast and a car rental service for the convenience of traveling.
- The homestay features 5 affordable rooms along with a holiday activity center to provide an enriching experience.
- You would also have the provision of a travel desk and the availability of a doctor on call.
- You can also opt to stay in the Estate Villa that allows a maximum of two adults and two children for occupancy. Children above 16 are required to stay in a separate cottage.
During your stay at the Spectrum Homestay Chikmagalur, you could enjoy a number of complimentary in-house activities.
- They include board games like snakes and ladders, and ludo, cards, carrom, or darts.
- The homestay also has a children's play area for the enjoyment of kids.
- You could also go for trekking across the fragrant coffee plantations.
- A visit to the coffee museum can also be arranged along with the forest trails exploration, leading to waterfalls.
The spectrum homestay Chikmagalur provides 3 meals as part of the package or additional requirement.
- The meals include breakfast, lunch, and dinner that is served in your room.
- The breakfast timing is from 7:00 to 9:00. The lunch timing is from 12:30 to 14:00 while the dinner is served at 19:30 to 21:30. The set menu that is included as a part of the package will be complimentary.
- Any additional meals not part of it or ordered in excess will be charged extra.
- There is also the provision of beverages and Jain food upon request.
The spectrum homestay Chikmagalur offers very appealing and affordable holiday packages for weekdays and weekends. The package rates are for one adult, including a welcome drink, set menu of breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The cost per adult is INR 2000 per night, and for a child aged from 6 to 12 is INR 1000 per night charged extra.
The spectrum homestay Chikmagalur provides parking space free of cost for all its guests. The parking area is very secure and private.
No, the spectrum homestay Chikmagalur does not provide the arrangements to make your own food; it offers you delicious homely food prepared by exceptional staff. All the three meals served are completely home-made food, and Jain food could also be arranged as per the requirement of the guests.
The surrounding environment of the spectrum homestay Chikmagalur has a coffee estate often preferred for trekking by guests, and you can also visit the coffee museum.
- The nearby temples of Belur and Halebeedu are worth visiting. Just a one-hour drive away from the homestay, you can visit the splashing waterfalls of Kallathigiri, Hebbe, and Manikyadhara.
- Kemmangundi is just half-hour away from the spectrum homestay. The highest peak of Karnataka, Mullayanagiri, can be reached just within 15 minutes from the spectrum.
- Even safari in Bhadra wildlife sanctuary is 2 hours away while the safari in Muthodi National Park is just one hour drive from the spectrum homestay.
- The ancient religious sites of Horanadu, Dharmasthala, Amritapura, and Sringeri are 3 hours' drive from the homestay. You can reach the Belavad Guru Dattatreya Bababudan in just 30 minutes.
Yes, the spectrum homestay Chikmagalur offers holiday packages for entire families while maintaining a family-friendly environment. Per packages allows a maximum of two adults and two children for occupancy of the Estate villa.
The spectrum homestay also has a playground for children to enjoy and spend their time ensuring to provide a very family-friendly environment.
You can go to spectrum homestay in Chikmagalur by both air and road travel.
- If you prefer to travel by airway, then you can take a flight to the Jindal Vijaynagar Airport in Karnataka and then travel by a hired cab or bus service.
- In case you choose to travel via road, then you need to travel to Dasarahalli Grama, which is in Chikmagalur. The address of the homestay is: Erealla Survey No 275, Dasara Halli Grama, Chikmagalur, Karnataka 577131
No spectrum homestay Chikmagalur does not permit any drinking or smoking within their premises. Although there is a provision of beverages, no liquor is served.
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.