Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Their team in Nepal is very co-operative and takes very good care of everything so that you can enjoy the trip rather than to worry unnecessary things...
My dream or a thing that was always in my bucket list is a trek to the great Everest Base and my dream came true when my Face book Friends gang had sur...
About the Destination:
With its daunting summit soaring high up above the mountain, trekking in Everest Base camp is definitely the adventure for you. The Everest, one of the most sought after tourist destination in Nepal is known for its incandescent beauty with the magnificent peaks and hills. At an altitude of 29, 035 ft, Everest creates the perfect spot for the trekkers with the vast blue sky in the backdrop. Covered by the snow capped mountains and the vast greenery, Everest Base Camp trek is one of the dream destination for the trekkers. And the best thing about this place is that you will be in the midst of the friendliest people.
For a close encounter with the Everest summit, Everest Base Camp is the best trek for you. In this trek, you will be trekking to an altitude of 17,600 ft ft passing through the quaint villages, grassy paths, steep rocks etc. You will be trekking in the trails of the footsteps of legendary adventurers and mountaineer like Tenzing Norgay and Sir Edmund Hillary. Nothing beats the excitement and thrill that holds the travellers on while ascending the Everest and watching it very close.
EBC is a double treat for the nature lovers and the photography enthusiast where you can click some of the best shots. You will be experiencing a lot of snowfalls while you are on the trek. The moment you reach an altitude of 5365 meters you will feel as if you are standing in a globe of a snowball. Catch the first glimpse of the Khumbu icefall during your trek. Not just get a chance to explore the forest, valleys and waterfalls but also, you will get a chance to learn about the culture of the legendary people Sherpas who are known to be Mountain Climbers.
It’s time to take up your adventure to a whole new level. Not just treat yourself with this exciting trek but also learn a lot about the people and cultures of this region. Known for its magnificent beauty with the mountain peaks, glacial moraines and valleys, Everest Base Camp is the one place you wouldn't want to miss this year.
Maximum Altitude: 18,513 ft
Difficulty Level: Difficult
Airport: Kathmandu, Nepal
ATM: Namche Bazaar has the last ATM point before your trek begins.
Everest Base Camp Highlights
- With the high passes and the white misty glaciers Everest Base Camp trek will give you an experience of a lifetime.
- On this trek, you will trek to the foothills of the Everest, the world’s highest mountain.
- You will be trekking in some of the challenging treks like Kala Pattar, Nangkartshang Peak, and Everest Base Camp.
- Get a chance to explore the amazing beauty of the Katmandu and learn about the people and their culture.
- Visit the ancient Thami and Tengboche monasteries and investigate the beauty of the Sherpa village.
- Also, visit the school established by Sir Edmund Hillary in the mountain village of Khumjung.
Best Time to travel to Everest Base Camp Trek
Travelling to Mount Everest has its on-peak and off-peak seasons. For ordinary tourists, the golden season to take a Mt. Everest tour would be in April, May, early-June, September and October, and early November. At these times of the year, the skies are clearer, with very few days where visibility is even slightly limited.
There is very little rain and snow, and daytime temperatures, while not the hottest in the year, are well above freezing, and quite comfortable for trekking and touring the region. Although, you will still need some warm clothes for the nights, which can still get quite cold.
However, tours to Mount Everest can be arranged at any time of year, given an individuals’ unique preference. As long as you are not a professional mountaineer with a particular time frame to summit the mountain, Everest Base Camp welcomes you whenever you come.
Tips for Everest Base Camp
1) Bring enough money: There are no ATMs in Lukla, so one is advised to carry enough money with them in case of need for an emergency. And even for buy trekking equipments in Kathmandu. It is one of the best and cheapest place to buy the same.
2) Bring your own Tea: Yes, tea is very expensive at the Everest. But getting hot water won’t cost you much. Carry your own tea bags to be used while on the trek.
3) Mentally prepare yourself: As this is not an easy trek, you should prepare yourself mentally for the task that is ahead of you. This means, be prepared for extreme weather conditions, All accommodation on the trek to Everest Base Camp is in small tea houses, run by the local Sherpa people or Mountain Lodges. There are options for showers lower down on the trail, if you decide to use them, however, many people keep clean by using baby wipes and a bowl of warm water each day. The toilet situations can be difficult at times, as in the tea houses they are generally not Western-style toilets, rather just a hole in the ground instead of a toilet bowl.
4) What to Carry: Warm clothes, sun glasses, trekking boots, gloves, trekking stick, woolen caps among other trekking equipments you want to carry. However, the most important thing to bring is a good pair of trekking shoes that you have hiked in previously. Kathmandu is a great place to buy trekking clothes that are both cheap and of decent quality. If you can bring your own sleeping bag otherwise you can rent one for about 500-600 rupees a day.
5) Prepare for extreme weather: If it’s sunny you might be surprised at how warm it can get during the day. Most trekkers wear t-shirts and shorts for the first few days while the elevation is still low. When the sun sets the temperatures drop quick. Wear a warm hat while sleeping and take a Nalgene bottle filled with hot water and keep it in your sleeping bag to stay warm.
6) Stay Hydrated: Make sure to drink plenty of water while on the trek. Do carry extra water bottles with you at all times.
7) Altitude Headaches: A headache can be one of the first signs of altitude problems. Do carry suitable medications for the same. Small headaches are common and should not stop you from trekking or worry you. However if it persists or increases, it might be advisable to ascend or even trek down.
8) Avoid the Sun: Taking care of your skin and eyes are important. Sunburns happen much quicker at high elevation so make sure to apply sunscreen a few times a day and wear a hat. Sunglasses are a must have and if you wear prescription glasses it’s good to come to Nepal with a pair of prescription sunglasses or at least clip-ons.
9) Dress in Layers: Layering allows you to easily regulate your body temperature and stay comfortable while trekking. It’s even better if your layers have zippers so that you have even more control of your body temperature.
10) Bring a camera: This trek is one of the most beautiful Himalayan Treks. So much so, that one would want to stop at every step and take pictures to make memories for life.
11) Bring Extra Batteries/Charging Packs: In the cold, your batteries will die much quicker than they do at home. This holds true for basically every kind of electronic you'll be using from phones to cameras to kindles. While some of the tea houses allow you to charge things, they all charge you for it (some more than others). An easy way to avoid this is to bring spare batteries and a portable charger.
Flight to Kathmandu, Preparation for Trek
The first day of your itinerary involves arrival in Kathmandu and getting prepared for the upcoming trek. You will be picked up at the Kathmandu airport, introduced to the guide and will also be briefed about the trek.
The guide will make sure that your equipment is in place and might recommend any gear that needs to be purchased or rented.
After breakfast, we will proceed to the Tribhuvan Domestic Airport, Kathmandu.
We will take a flight to Lukla. The total flying time is of 35 minutes. The experience of flying in this route will be one of your best. The flight will be passing through valleys and presenting some breathtaking views of the mountain ranges and the Nepali villages atop.
Once you arrive in Lukla, our representatives will receive you.
Immediately we will start our trekking and trek to Phakding. It is at an altitude level of 2652m. It is a simple trek for 3.5 hours. The trail will pass via many small villages and green mountains. We will stay overnight at the Tea house.
Today we will trek for Namche Bazaar. Namche is at an altitude level of 3440m. The route is surrounded by huge green mountain ranges. The Dudh Koshi river flows along the side till Namche.
We will stop at Monjo for the lunch, as that is the last point to get food before Namche. The route between Monjo and Namche is a gradually inclining trail amidst thick green forest. You will be able to get a glimpse of Everest and Lhotse just before Namche, though not very clear.
Overnight stay at Tea House or Mountain Lodge. Total trekking will be 5 to 6 hours with the moderate difficulty level and a portion after Monjo will be strenuous.
This is a day for acclimatization and we will be resting in Namche Bazaar. It is a place that has everything one can wish for. Coffee shops, Bars, Restaurants and many more things to do.
You can go to the Namche museum, this a little above Namche Bazaar, just about 20 minutes trek. You can get a clear view of Everest and Lhotse from this place.
You can visit the Namche Bazaar (Market) and Namche Monastery.
Tengboche is a small valley at an altitude level of 3860m. It is one of the most beautiful places of our entire trekking route.
The Tengboche Monastery is a famous and beautiful place, worth visiting.
The trek time will be about 5 hours with moderate difficulty level.
Today we will start our trek and go towards the Pangboche village, we will get some nice views of Mount Ama Dablam.
We are likely to have our lunch at Pangboche. We will then trek towards Pheriche and proceed to the Imja Valley.
We will be able to see the Lobuche River and will pass through it and take steep hike to Dingboche.
Overnight stay at Dingboche.
The trek will be about 6 to 7 hours while it will be moderate for most part, there will be about 2 steep inclines.
Today will be an acclimatization day.
We can take a small hike to get a view of worlds three top mountain peaks, Mount Lhotse, Mount Makalu and Mount Cho Yu. Besides these, you will see plenty of peaks and mountain ranges.
Overnight stay at hotel.
Today we will start trekking towards Dughla (4600m) and then to Lobuche (4940m). On this route we will get to see a huge stream and many mountain peaks including Mount Pumori (7138m), Mount Nuptse, Mount Cholatse and Mount Thamserku.
Once we pass the Khumbu Glacier we will get to see the highest peaks such as Khumbutse, Lingtren, Pumori and Mahalangur. While all of these will look very near to the Mount Everest, it is not possible to get a glimpse of Everest from here.
Total trekking time will be 6 to 8 hours and this will be a moderate trek.
Overnight stay at Tea house or Mountain Lodge.
This will be a completely glacier route. The trek to Gorakshep (5170m) and Everest Base Camp (5364m) is likely to be a moderate trek.
You can see Everest on the way but you can’t get a full view from Base camp, the Kumbhu icefall will be very clearly visible. This part of the trek will surely feel like you are in heaven amidst the glaciers and see the gigantic mountain up-close.
We will get to see the peak of the Everest very clearly tomorrow from Kala Patthar.
Overnight stay in Gorakshep.
The total trekking time will be 5 -7 hours and will be moderate.
The hike to Kala Patthar will be the most difficult part of this trekking expedition of yours as well as the most rewarding one.
You will be able to see the Peak of Everest. In fact Kala Patthar is the only place which will give you views of almost the entire high peak mountains of the Himalayan Ranges.
It will take about 2.5 to 3 hours to reach Kala Patthar from Gorakshep.
After Kala Patthar it will be all descending from now on and the trek becomes very simple, though you have to be careful about the decline.
We will need another 3 hours to reach Lobuche (4940m). Total trek time will be 7 hours max with only one steep incline and rest simple and easy trek.
Based on group’s decision you can trek down to Pheriche also
It will be about 6 to 7 hours of easy declining trekking.
You will be passing through the amazing Himalayan ranges.
This will be a moderate trek; it will take about 6 – 7 hours trek to reach Monjo.
Overnight stay at Monjo.
It will take about 6 hours to reach Lukla. This will remain a simple trek. We will get a very small incline just before Lukla.
Overnight stay at Lukla.
Today we will proceed to the Airport and catch our flight to Kathmandu and enjoy the valley views throughout the 35 minutes flying time.
This is a complete leisure day and overnight stay at hotel or Guest House.
Please check out by 12 noon to catch your flight.
We will drop you at the Airport.
Write Your Story
Rated : 5.0
Their team in Nepal is very co-operative and takes very good care of everything so that you can enjoy the trip rather than to worry unnecessary things. Good time.
Rated : 4.0
My dream or a thing that was always in my bucket list is a trek to the great Everest Base and my dream came true when my Face book Friends gang had surprised me by taking me to this place as a birthday treat. Thanks friends for showing me heaven in this form.
Have any question?
contact us @
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
No Booking Fee! Price Guarantee
We have a minimum price guarantee. If you get the same product at cheaper price we will refund the difference.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.
More Things to do in Kathmandu
Most Popular Destinations