Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
About the Destination:
- The Himalayas of Garwhal have many majestic sights and are home to some of the most adventurous trekking trails in the world. Amongst these, the best trek for beginners, the Kuari Pass Trek hold an important position.
- Situated over the beautiful town of Auli, the Kuari Pass is known for the thrills that one gets one the way, and one majestic view of some of the tallest mountains in the world. The view of the high mountains opens up a new dimension of majestic, with the name literally meaning doorway or gateway.
- While on the Kuari Pass Trek, you will be privy to views of the Nanda Devi (highest mountain in India, 7,816 m), Dronagiri (7,066 m), Kamet (7,757 m), Chaukhamba (7,128 m) &Trishul (7,120 m).
- High up in the pass, there are beautiful meadows that get covered in snow in the winters, making the trek even more worth the efforts to get up to the height of 3,650 m above sea level.
About the Trek:
- Starting from Haridwar, a vehicle takes you through the Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun, before setting on our way to Jayalgarh. On the way, you will drive by Ganga first and then Alaknanda River, and pass towns like Rishikesh and Devprayag.
- The trekking starts on the second day as you trek from Jayalgarh to Tugasi, and then Base Camp Gulling. For the final push, you will trek for about 5 hours and gain an altitude of 850 m to reach Kuari Pass meadows. Behold the views of amazing and towering high mountains of the Himalayas.
- You will then return to Base Camp Gulling, trek to Tugasi, and sit in a vehicle that will take you to the town of Joshimath. Take a scenic cable car ride to reach Auli, another great hill station of snowy meadows.
- Spend the last night in Auli before returning to Haridwar and bringing the experience to an end.
Trip Starting From: Haridwar
Temperature: Day: 13°C to 18°C and Night: -3°C to 4°C
Trekking Distance: 33 km
Maximum Altitude: 12,516 ft
Difficulty Level: Easy To Moderate
Railway Station: Haridwar is the nearest railway station
Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
ATM: ATMs are there in Joshimath.
After assembling at the Haridwar Railway station at 2 PM, the group will start driving for the Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun at 2:15.
At the airport, the people arriving by air will join the group and will start the transfer to Jayalgarh, 140 km away.
Most of the journey will be the side of the River Ganga until you reach Devprayag. From here, the route will then be beside River Alaknanda.
After arrival at Jayalgarh, you will relax and prepare yourself for the trek, which starts the next day.
Overnight at deluxe tents in Jayalgarh.
After an early breakfast this morning, you will take a drive to a small village in the hills called Tugasi. This is where the trek actually starts.
On the way to here, you will be crossing several holy towns like Rudraprayag, Karnaprayag, Nandprayag, and Joshimath.
A short trek of about a couple of hours will take bring you to the Base Camp Gulling, from where the last push to the pass will start.
Overnight stay in Alpine tents under the mountains.
Starting from the base camp, the climb first takes you to Khulara, the steepest part of the climb.
As you cross this part, the climb becomes gradual, and you enter into the Kuari Pass. Covered in snow, the trail will leave you stunned and in awe of the beauty around. After following a series of climbs and walking on the snow, you will arrive at the famous meadows of Kuari Pass.
After spending some time here and clicking the best of pictures, you will be descending back down to reach the base camp.
Drink a hot cup of tea to refresh yourself, followed by dinner and an amazing overnight sleep in the Alpine tents.
In the morning, you will pack up your belongings and start the trek back down to Tugasi, where a car will be waiting to pick you and take you to Joshimath.
A cable car from here will take you in the lap of the Himalayas and into the beautiful snowy meadows of Auli. Explore the beauty of this tranquil place before checking in to the accommodation in Auli.
Overnight in Alpine tents in Auli.
After breakfast and check-out this morning, the trip will move towards Haridwar via Rishikesh, bringing the experience to an end.
Write Your Story
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.