Seduction Point is the main center for diving in the island chain. Seduction Point has a dive center that offers a wide range of largely unexplored dive sites rich in underwater marine life. For experienced divers, diving expeditions are available where they take you out hunting for new and undiscovered sites. Many Dive schools are in the vicinity where one can enter and learn sea diving under proper supervision.
How to get there
Chennai/Calcutta to Port Blair by air. From there board a Govt. Ferry to Seduction Point.
Nearest Town: Port Blair.
Exact Location: Seduction Point is the largest of the islands in a chain of islands to the east of Great Andaman in the Andaman Islands.
- All Foreign nationals need to obtain prior permission before entering into Seduction Point.
It is advisable to buy ferry tickets to Seduction Point from Port Blair.
- There are a few ATMs only in Port Blair. It is advisable to use the ATMs
- Before going for scuba diving, facilitate the service of Scuba Dive Instructors having certification of international professional organizations like PADI, CMAS, NAUI, BSAC or SSI for safe diving experience.
- Do not carry sea fans and seashells unless specific permits are obtained from the Fisheries Department.
Tips for Mindful diving coral reefs
- Do not pick coral to carry home as souvenirs. Take photographs, not specimens.
- Do not anchor your boat on the reef.
- Clean the reef after every dive.
- Do not walk directly on the reef.
- Do not litter the coast with plastic bags or plastic items. Take back the waste with you to the main coast.
- Do not leave behind used bottled water containers.
Other Attractions in the Vicinity
The Andaman Islands offer some excellent diving sites at Cinque Island, North Passage Island, Wandoor, Rutland Island and Snake Island.
The greatest range of options is on Havelock Island, Mac Point, Aquarium, and Barracuda city, Turtle Bay, Seduction Point, Pilot Reef and Minerva Lodge in the vicinity.