Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Stay in Bungalow, Ooty - Flat 23% off
Heritage Bungalow in Gokarna Flat 26% off
Heritage Homestay in Ooty - Flat 17% off
Cottage Stay Amid Organic Farms, Kotagiri - Flat 16% off
Stay in Cottages, Ooty - Flat 27% off
Stay at Wild Walkers, Ooty @ Flat 41% off
Luxury Homestay Wih Swimming Pool Flat 12% off
An Escape to the Wilderness of Nilgiris, Ooty
Adventure Camping in Ooty - Flat 20% off
Camping by Tea Gardens Ooty - Flat 18% off
Jungle Camping and Adventures in Ooty - Flat 19% off
Jungle Camping and Adventures in Ooty Flat 19% off
Most Popular Places Around Ooty
More Things to do in Ooty
Listings in Ooty
Ask a Question
What You Should Know More About
Revive yourself and discover famous places of Ooty in 2 days. Check out for more details.
1. Ooty Lake - Known for Cycling and Boating
2. Wenlock Downs - Known for Golfing, hiking, and trekking
3. Kamraj Sagar Dam - Known for fishing, boating and bird watching
4. Pykara Falls- Height: 55m and 61m respectively
5. Doddabetta Peak - Known for trekking
6. The Emerald Lake - Known for trekking and mountain-biking
Stay in the luxurious Resorts of Ooty, Starting from INR 900. Discover for more details.
1. Club Mahindra Derby Green - Starting Just @ INR 4700
2. Fern Hill: A Sterling Holidays Resort - Starting Just @ INR 3100
3. Farmstay Besides Botanical Gardens - Starting Just @ INR 900
4. Sagar Holiday Resorts - Starting Just @ INR 3,500
5. Green Nest Resort - Starting Just @ INR 4000
There are more than 10 Beautiful waterfalls in Ooty. Check out to Know more
1. Catherine Falls - Height: 250 ft.
2. Pykara Falls - Height: 55m and 61m respectively
3. Laws Falls - Height: 180 ft.
4. Kalhatti Falls - Height: 45 meters
5. Halasana Falls - Height: 150 ft.
How do you describe the word ‘good’? If your idea of good is a gorgeous view with places to see, things to do and experiences to have, then Ooty is a lot more than just ‘good’. The Nilgiri hills will take your breath away, and the pleasant climate all year round will make you wish you could stay for longer. The lakes and dams will win your heart, and the waterfalls will make sure that you feel like you're at the top of the world.
Both Ooty and Coorg are amazing destinations, but there is a reason why Ooty is called the ‘Queen of hill stations’. The attractions in Ooty are actually more budget-friendly than Coorg. If you’re an adventurous person who loves sightseeing, Ooty is perfect because it is such a popular tourist hub that there are tailor-made packages and experiences that are easier to find and indulge in. Ooty is absolutely the better choice if you want a convenient, relaxing vacation.
Ooty is famous for a lot of reasons. The places to visit in Ooty like museums, parks, and reserves actually contribute to its fame. The tea gardens are bliss in its own, with diverse varieties of tea plantation that will make you feel excited to take home a few of them for a refreshing cup of tea. Ooty also is very famous as a honeymoon destination, with a large number of couples coming here every year to celebrate their love.
Kodaikanal and Ooty are both amazing locations, but if you are looking for an active holiday where you have lots of places to see, explore, and build memories in, then Ooty is your pick. The tourist places in Ooty are a lot more structured and sorted, and regular camping, hiking, and birdwatching activities are available.
Kodaikanal is more suitable if your sole purpose of the vacation is to reconnect with nature but if you are looking for a complete rejuvenation, then Ooty is the perfect place for you.