Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Ask a Question
Top Tsavo Attractions
Most Popular Places Around Tsavo
Listings in Tsavo
What You Should Know More About Tsavo
· Do not entertain the touts.
· Keep away from the beggars.
· Do not photograph in the religious place without the permission of the one in charge.
· Do not leave your important documents, cash or valuables in the hotel room.
· Always make sure that you enquire about the room safe before picking a hotel.
· Do not carry with you cash more than what you’ll require especially when you are traveling alone.
· Do not neglect your health and drink only bottled mineral water.
· Check for the quality and the preparation mechanism of the street food before buying
· Do not drink water from the bottle that didn’t have seal.
· Always travel in cabs or taxis that follow prepaid mechanism.
· Do not get involved in drugs of any form. Often it is seen, the drug peddlers who try to deceive you tend to get away and it is the tourists who suffer in the end.
· In case you come across any suspicious person who is trying to take advantage of you, immediately call the cops.
· If a place restricts you from clicking a picture, oblige by it.
· Learn a few words from the local language. These will help you better interact with the locals there.
The legal age for drinking in Tsavo is 18 years.
Tsavo East National Park
Tsavo East National Park is considered to be one of the oldest and largest National Park in Kenya which is spread across 13,747 sq. km. It is said to be one of the world’s largest biodiversity stronghold. The National Park take cares of the famous “big five” that includes Masai lion, Black rhino, Cape buffalo, Elephant and Leopard. It is also home to Aardwolf, Yellow baboon, Bat, Cape buffalo, Bushbaby, Bushbuck, Caracal, African wildcat, Tanzanian cheetah, African civet, dik-dik, African elephant, Bat-eared fox and Greater galago among others. You can also explore different bird species here. Tsavo East National Park is a must visit place in the city.
Mzima springs consists of four natural springs and is located inside the Tsavo National Park. Springs are located in the western region of the park, 48 km to Mtitu andei. Natural reservoir under Chyulu hills is the source of Mzima springs. The springs are home to Nile crocodiles and Hippos which you can spot there. Fruiting trees such as date and raffia palms, water berries and figs grow near the water which is a pleasant sight. The natural filtration process gives rise to Mzima's clear stream. Mzima springs is one of the most popular tourist places in Tsavo owing to its beauty.
Lake Jipe is inter-territorial lake situated within Mwanga district to the south of Nihonji village. Tsavo West National Park protects the western shore of the lake. The lake is famous for endemic fish as well as water birds, various mammals, rare wetland plants and lake-edge swamps. Lake Jipe is quite rich in biodiversity. It takes care of storks, egrets, pelicans, spur-winged plovers, ducks, Egyptian geese, jacana and the purple gallinule. You may also get a chance to see Madagascar squacco heron, black heron, African darter and African skimmers around the lake.
Chyulu Hills is a mountain range situated about 150 km east of Kenya rift. The hills consist of several small flows and cons. There are still ctive volcanoes in Chyulu Hills. Within the hills is Leviathan caves, which is considered as one of the longest lava tubes in the world. The hill divides the Tsavo and Amboseli plains. Cape buffaloes, Bushbucks, Elands, Elephants, Bushpigs, Masai giraffe, Leopards, Masai lions, Mountain reedbuck, Steenbok, Wildebeest and Grant's zebras and East African cheetahs are some of the wildlife species that resides in the hills.
Yatta plateau is said to be world’s longest lava flow that runs parallel to the western boundary of the Tsavo National Park. Lava from Ol Doinyo Sabuk mountain forms around 290 km stretch of Athi River. Yatta plateau enables you to explore scenic beauty and beautiful landscape. It’s one of the best sightseeing place in Tsavo.
Kenya is rich in wildlife and is home to various endangered species. You can indulge in safari ride at Tsavo east National Park. This adventurous ride gives you an opportunity to get closer to various wildlife species. You may get a chance to see endangered animals like the Masai lion, Black rhino, Cape buffalo, Elephant and Leopard. If you are lucky, then you may also spot the rare Black Rhinos. Safari ride in Tsavo East National Park is once in a lifetime experience that shouldn't be missed at any cost. It can be a great thing to do here.
There are various beautiful sightseeing spots in Tsavo. You can experience the scenic beauty and stunning landscape from Yatta plateau. Tsavo National Park is rich in biodiversity that has various sightseeing spots. One can also spot Kilimanjaro’s highest peak from Lake Jipe. Lugard's fall, Mudanda rock, Athi River, and Aruba dam are among the other popular sightseeing spots in Tsavo. So, if you are looking for a place with various sightseeing options, Tsavo is for you.
Tsavo offers you various beautiful products that you will love to take back home. Kenya is famous for handicraft items, which are often the signature of a particular tribe or community. Also, look out for Kisii stone carvings, Maasai jewelry, Makonde wood carvings, Lamu chairs and batiks. Many tourists also shop for Kenyan baskets made from sisal and leather. But be alert if you are shopping from roadside curio shops as goods are overpriced there.
Forum: Official Forum