Northern Lights Tours in ReykjavíkBrowse through the wide range of Reykjavík Northern Lights packages and gift yourself some exciting offers and deals. Get a chance to customize your packages and make the best out of this adventure.
The exciting Reykjavík northern lights tour from Thrillophilia takes you close to the heavenly occurrence of the solar activities in the earth’s sky. Reykjavik is one of the most sought after places in the whole world to capture the Aurora Borealis. Thrillophilia gives you a wholesome experience of staying at comfortable places with all bells and whistles and curates timely tours to the spot from where you can get the best views of the activities. You will also be provided with an expert tour guide to give you loads of insights about the happenings.
The Reykjavík lights tour takes you to Grotta Island which is a popular natural reserve in the extreme end of Iceland and Kirkjufell which is very much famed for its volcanic rocks and heavy glaciers. While Lake Kleifarvatn is popular for offering you a chance to indulge in bird watching, hiking, and jogging, The Lava Tunnel lets you feel relaxed and refreshed.
People Also Ask About Northern Lights Tours in Reykjavík
Where is the best place to see the northern lights in Reykjavik?
1. Grotta Island : This island is at the extreme end in Iceland. The tombolo is completely immersed during high tide which leads to the formation of Grótta into an island. During low tide, it is accessible via barefoot. It becomes a nature reserve and is prohibited to visit during nesting season.
2. Kirkjufell:Kirkjufell is situated far from Reykjavik and the peninsula's present here is the landmark to focus on. This location is also used for shooting purposes in one of the best Hollywood movies "The Game of Thrones" like the arrow headed mountains and the north walls of a white walker. This place is also famous for its volcanic rocks. A large number of volcanic rocks are present over there. But there is no active volcano present over here. It is formed by a mountain that was surrounded by heavy glaciers during the ice age. But before the glaciers some part of it also has strata.
3. Lake Kleifarvatn:It is one of the largest lakes that are present on the Reykjanes peninsula. This lake has many tourist spots and they attract tourists. Some of the popular things to do in lake kleifarvatn are bird watching, hiking, and jogging. This peninsula is located in the volcanic fissure zone of the mid-Atlantic region.
4. Garour: This place is also famous for its lighthouses and is also known as the place with a large number of lighthouses. It is a small town located in the southwestern Iceland on the Southern Peninsula. The town Gardur means gardens or yards.
5. The Lava Tunnel: It is an ideal place to see the view of the Northern Lights. This place doesn't have many buildings or infrastructure which could lead to pollution. The evening visits in the Lava Tunnel in winters are worth it. The warm environment and the silence present over there makes everyone feel relaxed and refreshed.
Which are the best places to stay in and near Reykjavik for northern lights?
1. Hotel Rangá: Hotel Rangá is situated at the forefront of the hotel industry in Iceland. This hotel offers everything from basic to Standard rooms from large and spacious Master Suites and a wide variety of ranges of all other products. All rooms here have their unique art and complete furnishing for the guests. The relaxation and luxury this hotel provides are awesome.
This hotel is situated in the rural surroundings of the countryside where one can easily see the timber housed and the small building. The most popular and main place for tourists to visit is the River Ytri-Rangá. It has an active volcano that exhibits the LAVA.
- Location: Hótel Rangá, 851 Hella, Iceland
- Price: INR 38000
2. Hotel Húsafell: The hotel husafell is very clean and well furnished with all the major services being provided there to the customers and the guests. The rooms of this hotel are very excellent. Sometimes even at the time of festivals or some festive seasons, this hotel provides a free trip to the hot springs as compensation. The experience in the hot spring bath is quite lovely and unexplainable. The food quality here is very good, especially the breakfast, it tastes just like the home.
- Location: Stórarjóður, Húsafell, Iceland
- Price: INR 19000
3. ION Adventure Hotel: The hotel Ion adventure is situated around 10miles from the Geothermal Power Station from Thingvellir National Park. It is one of the super hotels present there in terms of the services, food, accommodation and many more. Some of the main views from the power plant are the sleek, modern rooms that have wood floors, sitting areas, and designer toiletries. The rooms here are upgraded with floor to ceilings and windows. This hotel also has a spa where a hot pool of water is present to relax in the evening.
- Location: Nesjavollum vid Thingvallavatn, Selfoss 801 Iceland
- Price: INR 30000
4. Northern Light Inn: The Northern Light Inn entertains all its customers with a warm welcome while visiting Labrador for business or pleasure. This beautiful hotel is located in the town of Labrador. The Northern Light Inn is an ideal place for travellers who are coming here to enjoy their trips and tours.
This hotel is open throughout the year to ensure your stay in the beautiful coastal drive region which makes it an enjoyable and successful trip of one's life. The Northern Light Inn hotel offers many facilities such as full accommodation, dining, breakfast, WiFi, availability of 24/7 and other business services for travellers.
- Location: Grindavik, Iceland
- Price: INR 21900
Which part of Iceland is best for Northern Lights?
If you are thinking about some of the best places for Northern Lights in Iceland, then it would be Jökulsárlón, Stokksnes, and Kirkjufell.
What are the Northern Lights?
Northern Lights are a heavenly phenomenon that offers a natural display of light in the earth’s sky after the collision of the charge particles from the sun with the atmospheric gases. This phenomenon is mainly seen in high altitude areas and in completely dark nights.
What is the Best Time of Year to See the Northern Lights in Reykjavik?
The best time to see the northern lights phenomenon in Reykjavik would be from the month of October to the month of March. The probability of capturing the northern lights increases in this phase of year as the nights are longer and the sky remains clear.
What are the conditions to witness Northern lights in Reykjavik?
In order to capture the heavenly phenomenon of the northern lights in Reykjavik, there needs to be strong solar activity, and clear skies. The light pollution should also be minimal so that you don't miss those moves.
How can I photograph the northern lights?
In order to capture the best shot of the northern lights, you need to adjust your camera settings as follows:
- You would need to set the camera focus to infinity
- You need to use evaluative metering mode or matrix metering mode depending on the camera you are using.
- You should try an exposure time in between 12 - 20 seconds.
- If you find the northern lights are bright, then you can use ISO 800 or else you can configure it to ISO 1600 - 3200.
- Maintain a proper white balance to capture the best shot.