Mighty and magnificent, at an elevation of 1200 metres, Biligirirangana Hills stand tall at the confluence of the Eastern and Western Ghats in South Karnataka, and are frequented for their diverse flora and fauna. BR Hills offers plenty of sights to visit, thrilling sports to experience, and some wonderful homely places to stay at during the course of your visit.
- BRT Wildlife Sanctuary which sprawls across 540 sq. kms and is home to gaurs, sambhar, tigers, leopards, four-horned antelopes and over 200 species of birds.
- Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple where lies the statue of Lord Ranganatha, at the highest peak of the BR Hills.
- Dodda Sampige Mara, which translates to the The Big Champak Tree, is 2000 years old and definitely worth a view.
Things to Do
- Trek to the highest peak of BR Hills.
- Go coracle boat riding, angling, and fishing at the Kaveri and Kapila Rivers.
- River raft, especially in the monsoons, but be prepared for unpredictable heavy rains to play spoilsport too!
- Shop at the Tribal Resource Centre, for some local handicrafts, artefacts, pickles, juices, and an array of options.
Staying at BR Hills
BR Hills offers some great options like the Rajathadri Hill Villas, K. Gudi Wilderness Camp, Gorukana Eco Wellness Retreat, and Champakaranya which, with their range of tents, cottages and rooms, make for the perfect retreat!
Boasting of temple and tranquillity, BR Hills is the perfect weekend getaway for hodophiles, dendrophiles, adventure junkies, and absolutely anyone else who loves being close to nature!
For Submitting you query. We will get back to you soon.
How to Reach
If you’re travelling down South India, BR Hills makes for the perfect getaway being in close proximity to major cities and towns. You can book a cab from Mysore’s domestic airport and travel only 90 kilometres to get to your destination. You may also travel from Bangalore which is 235 kilometres away. Both cities offer bus transport as well, if you’re looking for a reasonable road trip.
Best Time To Visit
Summers in the BR Hills are as hot as 30°C while winters are chilly with temperatures dropping as low as 10°C. The best time to visit the BR Hills is between October to May when sights and activities are easily accessible. You can trek, go camping, enjoy wildlife safaris, and even partake in adventure sports like river rafting.
Searching for places to visit in BR Hills? This natural abode holds a number of beautiful locations and each one of them reflects the richness of nature. This upland is snuggled on the eastern border of the western ghats and draws its name from the Bi
Resorts in BR Hills are top rated hotels seated elegantly in the foothills of the Western Ghats. If you are looking for a quaint resort in these hills for a weekend getaway, then these serene resorts are sure to leave you spellbound. In order to have
Experience 2500+ Tours
And Activities from 1200+ Suppliers
Subscribe To Newsletter
Subscribe our newsletter to recieve Latest deals, Offers and Packages in your inbox