Mighty and magnificent, at an elevation of 1200 metres, Biligirirangana Hills stand tall at the confluence of the Eastern and Western Ghats in South Karnataka, and are frequented for their diverse flora and fauna. BR Hills offers plenty of sights to visit, thrilling sports to experience, and some wonderful homely places to stay at during the course of your visit.
- BRT Wildlife Sanctuary which sprawls across 540 sq. kms and is home to gaurs, sambhar, tigers, leopards, four-horned antelopes and over 200 species of birds.
- Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple where lies the statue of Lord Ranganatha, at the highest peak of the BR Hills.
- Dodda Sampige Mara, which translates to the The Big Champak Tree, is 2000 years old and definitely worth a view.
Things to Do
- Trek to the highest peak of BR Hills.
- Go coracle boat riding, angling, and fishing at the Kaveri and Kapila Rivers.
- River raft, especially in the monsoons, but be prepared for unpredictable heavy rains to play spoilsport too!
- Shop at the Tribal Resource Centre, for some local handicrafts, artefacts, pickles, juices, and an array of options.
Staying at BR Hills
BR Hills offers some great options like the Rajathadri Hill Villas, K. Gudi Wilderness Camp, Gorukana Eco Wellness Retreat, and Champakaranya which, with their range of tents, cottages and rooms, make for the perfect retreat!
Boasting of temple and tranquillity, BR Hills is the perfect weekend getaway for hodophiles, dendrophiles, adventure junkies, and absolutely anyone else who loves being close to nature!