Mcleodganj in the Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh is one of the emerging favorite destinations of the country, especially when it comes to spiritual and adventure tourism. Home to the 14th Dalai Lama of Buddhism, Mcleodganj is also home to many famous treks, like the Triund trek and The Kareri Lake trek. This tour takes you on a 3 day trek to the Kareri lake, a glacial lake at a height of 9620ft above sea level, from the spiritual city of Dharamshala.
About the Activity:
- Indulge in this exciting 3 day trek to the Kareri lake and get amazed by the stunning beauty of this region.
- Start your trekking expedition from Dharamshala and pass through the Tibetian villages. Reach the Kareri village of the Gaddi tribe.
- The camp for the day will be pitched at Rioti campsite
- Trek through the mountains and reach the base of Minkiani Pass, the home to Kareri lake where you will camp for the night.
- Continue trekking from Kareri lake to back to the village while enjoying the amazing view of the snow-capped mountains.
- End your tour here and head back to Dharamshala by a shared taxi or bus.