Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Scuba Diving in Malvan with Watertsports| Book @ 1335 Only
Grande Island Trip & Water Sports Combo |book @ 2665 Only
Sunset River Cruise in Mandovi River | Book @ 385 Only !
Adventure Activities with Boat Tour in Goa, @ 990 Only
Scuba Diving at Grande Island in Goa | Book @ 1665 Only
Half Day Grande Island Trip, Goa | Book @ ₹ 1054 Only!
Adventure Water Sports in Goa | Book @ 1250 Only
Mandovi Boat Cruise with Dinner | Book @ 1380 Only
Flyboarding in Goa, Book @ ₹ 2499 Only!
Water Sports in Calangute Beach, Goa @1599 Only
Full Day Sightseeing Tour of South Goa, @ 300 Only
Dudhsagar Falls and Spice Plantation Full Day Tour |book @ 1356 Only
North Goa Sightseeing Full Day Tour @ 300 Only
Romantic Couple Shoot in Goa
Cycling At Divar And Chorao Islands - Flat 18% Off
Cultural Walk Tour Goa: Art Trail Special
Cycling At Divar And Chorao Islands - Flat 18% Off
Crab Catching Along with Delicious Dinner, Goa - Flat 22% Off
Experience Fishing in Goa Sea - Flat 17% Off
Cultural Walk Tour Goa: Art Trail Special
A lover’s paradise, the name of the location got its designation after a tragic love story, making the place more interesting and catchy. This former village is a heaven on earth that provides picturesque spots and huge space for sunbathing while relaxing in the calm beaches adjacent to clean blue waters.
Travellers love to be here to indulge in water sports like parasailing, kayaking etc. and gets the adrenaline rush at beaches like Dias beach and Dona Paula beach. Moreover, the markets for shopping are also vibrant and gets shiny names of food and drinking spots to attract visitors. For a perfect stay, one can also book their own resort or hotels here which are also loaded with amenities and good services.
Location: 6 km from Panaji city.
The oldest withstanding
Church of Goa, beautifully built under the influence of Portuguese
architectural style, is one of the best places to visit in Panjim. The lovely marble
floor embellished with valuable stones adds up to the charm of the magnificent
The cathedral of the Church holds the remains of St. Xavier's in a silver casket which is elegantly decorated and, worshiped by his devotees. Famed for its amazing architecture, this ornate structure survived since the 16th century.The locals believe the remains are eternal and, have obscure healing powers which in turn makes it one of the most attractive places to see in Panjim.
Location: Old Goa Road, Near Gandhi Circle, Goa 403402, India
Timings: All days of the week except Sunday (9:00 AM - 6:30 PM)
Sunday (10:30 AM - 6:30 PM)
Entry Fees: Free
Distance from Panjim Bus Stand: Approximately 11 km
Pulled up with a dark bricked stretch within the sea waters, Fort Aguada invites the visitors even from far to take a walk in, take a peek into the sea differently and get clicked in a movie style. The architecture of the fort is in royal Portuguese style and its vastness within the fortress is just grand.
One can witness the confluence of Mandovi river in the Arabian sea from here and the fort is a witness to the same since years. Embrace the old construction and military architecture here along with the lighthouse that stands tall. If the fort is not visited on a Goa trip, the trip is just not done right.
Location: At the southern tip of Candolim beach
Timings: Fort Aguada is open all days from 8.30 AM to 5.30 PM
Entry Fees: Good news! There are no charges to visit this ecstatic location. Visit it like a free bird.
One of the most striking churches in India is the “Se Cathedral” located in the Southern part of Goa. This magnificent church exhibits excellent artistry of the Portuguese-Manueline style with beautifully arched interior and an impressive courtyard. Previously, the cathedral had two towers but one of them collapsed in late 17th Century and was never rebuilt.
This cathedral is dedicated to St.Catherine, who belonged to Alexandria and there are six panels where her life scenes are beautifully carved. The most prominent feature of this cathedral is the huge “golden bell” which is one of the best bells in the world. This 250 feet high cathedral is a frequented spot and is visited by the tourists as well as locals. The tranquility and serene aura of the cathedral makes it a must visit spot in the list of places to visit in South Goa.
Location: Velha, Goa 403402
Timings: 7:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Entry Fee: Free
“Pious Aura” this is what you will witness at this magnificent temple situated at the foot of Kavlem village in Ponda Taluka. This temple is devoted to goddess “Shantadurga” who is worshiped as the “Goddess of Peace” and, it is one of the most prominent and, large temples in entire Goa.
The divine shrine was initially situated at, Cavelossim but during the demolition period of the Portuguese in the mid 15th century, the celestial being was relocated to Kavlem. The vibrant combination of the maroon, white and peach give the temple an enchanting old-charm look.
Apart from these, Nayan Manohar Deepstambh is another point of attraction which is beautifully lit during the festivals and at that time, the beauty has no boundaries.
Location: Kapileswari - Kavlem Rd, Donshiwado, Ponda, Goa 403401
Timings: 5:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Entry Fee: Free
This bright white building and Neo-Gothic architecture are so impulsive that just mesmerizes its beholders. One will surely get awestruck with the impact of peaceful beauty, settlement within the greenery and the aura it presents right from the first look to the same.
Right from the exteriors to interiors, the church is certainly one of the best places to visit in North Goa. Interestingly, it houses the miraculous statue of Mae de Deus which brought the church back to life post its ruin state. With imposing interiors and carved ornamentation on ceiling and walls, the church magnetizes not just the religion followers but also those who love to praise the reality on the ground.
Location: Chogm Rd, Saligao
Timings: Gate to God’s own home opens up every day from 9.00 AM to 12.30 PM and from 3.00 PM to 5.00 PM.
Entry Fees: Absolutely none!
Sitting, right in the middle of the hillock this mighty church has three shrines of Mary, Our Lady of the Rosary and, Crucifixion of Jesus. Being the first church to built-in Goa it holds utmost significance in its tourism and, adding up to the most attractive places to visit in Panjim.
Previously, it was just a chapel in the early 15th century but, with time and tide, the chapel went through many transformations and, led to this massive structure which is elegantly built with influences of several architectural styles.
Location: North-Eastern Side of Central Square, Panjim 403001, India
Timings: All days 10 AM - 12:30 PM and 4 PM - 5:30 PM
Entry Fees: Free
Distance from Panjim Bus Stand: Approximately 1.6 km away.
This place will “blow your mind” as here casino floats on water. Deltin has modern and classy casinos which are undoubtedly the most happening ones. There are numerous floors sprawling over an area of 40,000 square feet with various sections to keep people engaged of all ages. With 123 gaming tables here, you can play all sorts of gambling games be it Poker, Teen Patti, Black Jack, and many more variants.
While you enjoy the gambling, you can also savor exclusive liquors at the whiskey lounge with amazing hand-rolled cigars. The casino provides all the top-notch amenities and, is the ace in the field of the casinos. Undoubtedly it is one of the most happening places to visit in Panjim.One can also relax in VIP gaming suites where one can stay as well as play. The highlighting feature of the casino is that it is the only place with a dedicated poker room.
Location: Noah's Ark, RND Jetty, Dayanand Bandodkar Road, Panaji, Goa 403001
Timings: Open 24 hrs
Entry Fees: Monday to Thursday Rs 2500/-
Friday to Sunday Rs 3500/-
Distance from Panjim Bus Stand: Approximately 1.6 km away
This wildlife century came into existence in the year 1999 under the Wildlife Act. The Sanctuary lies on the Western Ghats in the northern part of the Panjim city. Sprawling over an area of 240 sq km, it has rich flora and fauna which attracts the tourists. One can witness bewitching scenic views at this splendid Sanctuary which is the largest protected wildlife.
Here at this sanctuary, you can come across numerous variant of animals like Pythons, Cobras, Slender Toris, Jungle Cats, Elephants, avian Birds, and many more rare species. One can even hire a jeep to explore every nook and corner of the diverse sanctuary.
Location: NH 4A, Caranzol, Goa, 403410, India
Timings: 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Entry Fee: Rs. 20 per person for Adults
Rs. 10 per person for Children
Rs 30 per Still Camera
Rs 150 per Camcorder
This is one of the most frequented sightseeing places in Goa famed as the prominent landmark for the Catholics. This extrusive church holds the incorrupt body of Saint Francis Xavier and, was built in the year 1605. After a few years of being built in 1622, the body of Saint Xavier was brought here and laid in a glass mausoleum. It is one of the most charming places to visit in South Goa which has showcased modern art in the gallery and, the structure exhibits a jaw-dropping baroque style of architecture.
The best time to visit Bom Jesus Basilica is December, as in this month you can experience the traditions, cultures and a lot more at Christmas time.
Location: Off National Highway 4, Velha Goa, Goa 403110
Timings: 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Entry Fee: Free
Showcasing the glory of the
Portuguese empire this fort stands overlooking the Arabian sea. Built in the
early 16th century to keep an eye on the enemies this fort give breathtaking
views and, is one of the most majestic places to visit in Panjim.
The mystifying structure is more than 400 years old and still, its majestic beauty remains intact. It also houses a lighthouse which was built to guide the ships and, another part is the Aguada Jail which is one of the largest jails in Goa.The location of the mighty fort is strategic so that it provides great defense from the rivals.
Location: Fort Aguada Rd, Aguada Fort Area, Candolim, Goa 403515
Timings: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Entry Fees: Free
Distance from Panjim Bus Stand: Approximately 15 km
This “Architectural Marvel” showcases the artifacts of the Portuguese rule in India, with eight unique galleries exhibiting different slices of the pre-historic era of Portuguese sways. The most significant of these are deemed to be the paintings of the long-dead Governors and, Administrators of Goa.
To add up to the amusement of the visitors, the museum also has a remarkable collection of stamps, religious artifacts, and other such hidden gems. This is a perfect place to dig up the history of the Goan culture and styles in the early ages.
Location: EDC Complex, Patto, Panaji, Goa 403001
Timings: 9:00 AM- 5:00 PM
Entry Fees: Only Rs 5/- per person
Distance from Panjim Bus Stand: Approximately 9 km
Get awestruck by the amazing collection of The Naval Aviation Museum where you can witness the true essence of Military. This amazing museum is a must visit tourist place in Goa and lies in the vicinity of Vasco da Gama.
Here, one can see real Helicopters, Aircraft, Fighter Jets and learn about their history. The museum is a combination of two parts, one is the outdoor regions which exhibits the evolution of the Indian Naval Air Arms and, another is the double-storey indoor gallery. The Naval Aviation Museum is the only of its kind in Asia. The outer region is a large park which has 13 aircraft in total namely, Sea Harrier, HAL Chetak, Westland Sea King and many more such decommissioned aircraft.
Location: Bogmalo Road, Dabolim AP Vasco da Gama, Mormugao, Goa 403806
Timings: Tuesday - Sunday(9:30 AM - 5 PM)
Entry Fee: Rs. 20
Another amazing casino life could be experienced at Casino Pride which has its anchor tied down in Mandovi river. The casino boat has the best of the facilities and services having well-trained staff, delicious meals and a good range of drinks.
Moreover, the charm of the boat gets an upgradation with the performance of skilled dancers, acts by celebrities, people counting their winning amount while enjoying offers on unlimited drinks.
Entry Fees: Rs 1500 on Monday-Thursday and Rs 2000 on Friday-Saturday
Timings: Open 24x7 to all its guests.
“The Grande Island” also known as the Ilha Grande is one of the most amazing discoveries in Goa. The Island is a house of Palm trees, jaw-dropping marine life experiences, and extraordinary sunsets.
The Island is not only for the adventure buffs but is also a perfect destination for couples looking for a less crowded place with amazing facilities. One can indulge in sight-seeing, snorkeling, sea walk, swimming, and many more aqua activities. The outstanding activity which can be witnessed here is, Scuba diving which gives you a picture of the underwater kingdom making it one the most amazing places to visit in South Goa.
Apart from these, one will also have instances when they can delve in dolphin sighting which is an amazing experience and cannot be experienced everywhere.
Let us give you a glimpse of why Anjuna Market is one of the utmost amazing tourist places in North Goa? Wednesday flea market that sells everything at a dirt cheap rate will bring one closer to this place. This place is so much livelier to chill at that you never want to leave it but alas, it's just a day in the week that it gains its prominence on.
One can find here handmade clothing, jewellery, beach clothes, hammocks, Buddha or Shiva statues and anything that trance magic can provide you. Grab a drink, have some stall food, wear hippie jewellery and dive in a completely new era at Anjuna flea market.
Timings: Wednesday, 8.00 AM to 8.00 PM
Location: South end of Anjuna beach.
Most Popular Places Around Goa
More Things to do in Goa
Listings in Goa
Ask a Question
What You Should Know More About
Tourist places in Goa never fail to stun the visitants, as each one of them highlights something unusual of its own
1. Grand Island: Famous for Scuba Diving and Snorkelling
2. Baga Beach: Famous for nightlife and water sports
3. Dudhsagar Waterfalls: One of the tallest waterfalls in India
4. Fort Aguada: Famous for the old lighthouse and panoramic views of Arabian Sea
5. Candolim Beach: Famous for water sports and beachside restaurants
6. Anjuna Flea Market: Most famous weekly Wednesday Flea Market
Regardless of whether you are a casual amateur or a gutsy water skiing master, the beaches famous for water sports in Goa have something for everybody.
1. Calangute Beach: Famous for Kayaking, Windsurfing, Jet-skiing, Parasailing
2. Baga Beach: Famous for Jet-Skiing, Parasailing, Power Scooter Rides, Snorkeling
3. Grand Island: Best place for Scuba Diving and Snorkeling in Goa
4. Anjuna Beach: Know for Wind Surfing, Parasailing and Surfing
5. Mobor Beach: Famous for Water Skiing, Banana Boat Rides, Parasailing, Speed Boat Rides
Listed below are some of the best things to do in Goa, Click here to know more!
1. Snorkelling: Snorkel in the clear waters of Grand island in Goa.
2. Scuba Diving: Experience an exciting scuba diving experience around Grande Island
3. Dolphin Ride: This package for a dolphin cruise allows you to take a tour and celebrate the calm waters with these cute marine animals
4. Catamaran Sailing: Enthral in this amazing and innovative experience of sailing through the clear waters
5. Classic Houseboat Dine and Dance: Get ready for a perfect picture place dinner cruise in Goa
6. Sport Fishing: This amazing fishing and crab catching trip through Goa that provides you with the best insight into various fishing techniques.
7. Crocodile Sightseeing: Grab a chance to see some of Goa's exotic birdlife as well as the Indian Mugger Crocodile
Here’s a list of some best Goa beach resorts for a perfect family vacation:
1. Pousada Tauma – This is amongst the most beautiful 5-star properties of Goa. The architecture of this beach resort is theme-based with excellent and elegant décor. Pousada Tauma reflects Goan architectural style. The Copper Bowl restaurant here offers delectable unique dining varieties. A night stay here would cost you around 21000 INR.
2. The Park Calangute – This 5-star beach hotel of Goa is known for its posh décor, lavish settings, and captivating beachside sceneries. They have a magnificent purple pool and a sky bar for their guest entertainment. Guests staying here should not forget to indulge themselves in the magical feel of Aura Spa Sessions. A night stay here will cost you around 9700 INR onwards.
3. Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort – This is a 4-star resort featuring plush design throughout all their spacious rooms. Being located near one of the finest North Goa beaches, this resort offers a wide array of beach activities. So, be ready to indulge in parasailing, banana boat riding and other such fun-filled beach adventures. You may book your accommodation here at just 8800 INR per night.
4. Sonesta Inn – This beach resort offers unique villas for a budget-friendly stay. The Technology Health Club, The Ocean Deck Disc & Bar, and a poolside restaurant are some unique features of this resort. You just need to pay a sum of 6000 INR per night to accommodate yourself here.
5. Rococco Ashvem – This Goa beach resort overlooks the mighty Arabian Sea. It provides comfortable and budget-friendly accommodation with beautiful ambience, and all other amenities. A relaxing spa, lounge bar, romantic beach wedding arrangements are some key attractions of this resort. For a night stay here, you need to pay a sum of around 2400 INR.
The whole of Goa is a beautiful holiday destination for people belonging to all age group.
South Goa – South Goa is more of tranquil beaches, luxurious stay places, and natural sightseeing wonders. The beaches here are known for their tranquillity and solitude. People visit here for rejuvenation and myriads of beach adventures. Beach resorts of South Goa are known for their spa therapies, appealing delicacies and cuisines, and their luxuriousness. Besides, things to do in South Goa is all about Wildlife Sanctuaries. Ruddy mongoose, Asian Palm Civet, Jungle Cat, and Mouse Deer are some important wildlife species to be spotted here.
North Goa – North Goa is more or less indulged into the historical aspects of the region, food stalls, shopping points, and beachside parties. Amongst historical places to visit in North Goa, you have monuments, architectural marvels, and forts to explore here in North Goa. Fellini’s Pizza, Calamari Bathe, and Binge are some food stall to try for some mouth-watering North Goa delicacies. Shopaholics have the best of all accessories and souvenirs to opt from the shops of North Goa.
The weather of Goa experiences 4 different transitionary phases – summer, monsoons, post monsoons, and winter. People usually prefer winters as the weather is balmy with a circulation of the cold sea breeze. Thus, November to March is the best time to plan your Goa visit to enjoy the beach adventures calmly.
This has remained an ever-lasting dilemma and it majorly depends on what you want to do on your trip to Goa. With respect to north and south parts of Goa, the northern part of Goa features many beaches and tourist places to adore. The transportation here is well-developed.
Besides, Baga, Candolim and Calangute have been the main tourist attractions of Goa.
These three places are blessed with some good accommodation and eateries. Baga is western coastal town of Goa and well-known for its water sports. Candolim lies on the shores of Arabian
Sea. There’s a famous 19th-century build lighthouse adjacent to Aguada Fort here. Calangute beach features many night restaurants and bars.
Here are some famous private beach resorts in Goa for an amazing stay:
1. Sea Paradise Bamboo Beach Huts – This place features a comfortable accommodation facility for all their guests. Besides their private pool facility, you get to enjoy their complimentary breakfast service, 24 hours room service, emergency doctor on call, and other facilities. Rooms here are available for 2200 INR per night stay.
2. Beleza…by the beach – This is a luxurious setting amidst lavish surroundings. The all-day dining facility, private pool, sunbathing deck, travel assistance are some of their key attractions here. Rooms here are available at the cost of 4000 INR per night.
3. Shining Sand Beach Hotel – This is a 3-star beach hotel featuring a private pool, club rooms, sea view rooms, 24-hours security assistance, and other recreational activities. You can pre-book your accommodation here at just rupees 5000 INR per night to avoid last-minute hustling.
4. Bambolin Beach Resort – This beachside property features a luxurious colonial architectural style. Be it either business or leisure travellers, this property is meant for everyone. Ocean Pearl and Oasis are their two main conference halls for all their business meet-ups and training sessions. A room here is available at 3000 INR per night.
Here’s a dig at the North Goa best resorts with private beaches
1. Taj Vivanta - Holiday Village – Rejuvenate yourself here with the activities such as a gold court, pool tables, fitness centre, and squash.
2. Marriott Resort and Spa – This beachside resort provides air-conditioned accommodations equipped with all essential amenities. Spa centre, fitness centre, and an outdoor pool are some add-ons here.
3. Cidade de Goa – This beachside resort offers both indoor and outdoor activities such as badminton, table tennis, scrabble, beach cricket, carom and so on. Here, you have 5 different restaurants to taste some mouth-watering delicacies from North Indian, Continental, Goa, and Mediterranean style cuisines.
4. Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort – Spacious rooms, plush ambience, mouth-watering delicacies, and recreational activities are important things to check here.
5. Grand Hyatt – Grand Hyatt is known for both pristine beaches sightseeing adventure and tropical gardens. Staying here allows you to enjoy Jet Ski, Banana Ride, Bumper Boat Ride, and other adventurous beach sports.
Here’s a list of six best 5-star beach resorts in Goa
1. Taj Exotica Resorts & Spa Goa – 17200 INR per night
2. Radisson Blu Resort Goa Cavelossim Beach – 11500 INR per night
3. The Leela Goa – 20000 INR per night
4. Taj Fort Aguada Resort & Spa – 14080 INR per night
5. ITC Grand Goa – 15000 INR per night Azaya Beach Resort – 12000 INR per night.