About the Destination:
Singalila Ridge Trek is one of the most admired as well as fascinating treks in India since it opens the gates to some of the mystic trails around Sikkim. Singalila is known for its strenuous routes and finally ends with an enchanting visit to Darjeeling, the Queen of Hills. Along with fun and excitement of trekking, this tour also provides some of the astounding views of the mighty Mt Everest and Kanchenjunga peaks. Some of the other lofty summits of the Himalayan Range can also be witnessed.
Singalila Ridge Trek is a century old one with a narrow path going alone the Indo Nepal border cutting across the edges of rhododendron and other forests. It is one of the rarest spots in India where you will get the opportunity to watch different summit above 8000 meters. The Darjeeling Hills can offer you the best sightseeing moments as well along with the long stretches of tea plantations and monasteries on the borders of Tibet and India. Also, the cascading rivers and lush greenery add more charm to the beautiful trekking trails resulting in the extravagant appearance of Singalila ridge.
About the Trek:
With hundreds of admirers, Singalila Ridge trek becomes more enthusiastic every year and you are also invited to be a part of the amazing trek this year. A 17 day long Singalila trekking package comes to pick you up to be at the beautiful region in Sikkim and explore the world’s highest peaks with complete excitement. Arrive at Bagdogra airport to begin with this long energetic trek. Hit the tranquilizing trails going through Pelling, Uttarey, Chiwa Bhanjyang, Dhor, Pare Megu, Lam Pokhari, Gomathang, Tikip Chu, Dzongri, Lamuney, Goecha La and Thangshing. All the routes are dominated by dense forest ranges, wild flowers, open meadows, summit views from the distance and many more steep climbs to reach each destination.
This long Singalila Ridge trekking package has everything to make you surprised from the first day onward. It ranges from the quaint villages in Sikkim and Nepal border to the wonderful sights of the Everest as well. Some days are completely dedicated to great heights which are accessible after shedding so much sweat. The routes will be not friendly many times and you will need to negotiate in a perfect way.
Tshoka to Yuksom is the last stretch of the trek and at Yuksom, you are getting a free day to explore and enjoy watching many tourist attractions. After getting dropped at Bagdogra airport from Yuksom, you 17 day long trek comes to an end.
Singalila Trek Highlights:
- The highest peaks in the world located at a height of more than 8000 meters would be visible on this trek: Mt. Everest, Mt. Kanchenjunga, Mt. Lhotse and Mt. Kanchenjunga
- You will be able to witness more than 20 peaks spreading across Sikkim and Nepal like Chomolhari, Narsing, Jupono, Goecha Peak, Forked Peak, Kanchenjunga, Kumbhakarna, Frey, Rathong, Koktang, South Kabru, North Kabru, Tenchenkhang, Pandim, Simvo and so on.
- The beautiful rhododendron forest in the Himalayas will be your accompaniment throughout the route. From March to July, these forests will have the colorful flowers as well.
- If you are lucky, you can spot some rare birds and animals on the way.
- Exotic sunset and sunrise views as well as the golden chance to know the culture of Bhutan and Nepal along with Sikkim.
Maximum Altitude: 12,140ft
Difficulty Level: Easy To Moderate
Railway Station: New Jalpaiguri, West Bengal is the nearest railway station
Airport: Bagdogra, West Bengal