Monsoon trekking and camping experience in Chikmagalur brings you on the doorstep of Kyatanmakki, which is a peak in the Kudremukha range of Chikmagalur, Karnataka. Embellished with the natural beauty of the Western Ghats, this beautiful trekking trail is a rather untouched paradise in Chikmagalur, just waiting to be found.
Set in the greenest environs in the region, this trek also includes camping nearby, adding another alluring factor of charm to the whole experience. Also, the challenging factor of the trek is what attracts the enthusiasts to the trek, and the reward at the end of the trek is the scenic view that awaits you at the end.
You will be picked up from designated pickup spots in Bangalore and will be dropped back to the same spots at the end of the trek.
About the Activity:
- Get picked up from your chosen spot in an overnight bus, that will bring you to the destination early the next morning.
- Get your breakfast and then start the trek to the top. Spend some time there before descending back down.
- Enjoy a wine party with a warm bonfire. It will be followed by dinner and an overnight stay. You will wake up to a beautiful morning and have a delicious breakfast.
- You will then check-out and visit the nearby Mydadi waterfalls, post which you will return to Bangalore and bring the experience to an end.
Facts about Kyatanmakki:
- Located in Kudremukha Range of hills in Chikmagalur, Kyatanmakki is one of the highest peaks. The top can be reached by a 4x4 vehicle, but the real adventure is hiking to the top from amidst the clouds.
- Located 8 kms from the nearest town of Horanadu in Chikmagalur district, Kyatanmakki is a hill station as well.
- The height of the peak is slightly over 5500 ft above sea level.
- The trek is one of the greenest spots in the area.
- On the way, you will find a small temple of the Goddess Annapoorneshwari, which offers scenic views of the Kudremukha Region, and also acts as a resting spot.
- The view from the top offers a 360-degree panorama of the beautiful Kudrenukha, Horanadu and Chikmagalur.
- Not far from the hill is the Kudremukha National Park, which is the home to the beautiful Lakya Dam and the Kalasa Temple, which are both worth a visit as well.