About the Activity:
About Singapore Flyer:
- Experience breathtaking panoramic views on the world's largest observation wheel and enjoy a bird's eye view of the entire island.
- Soothe your eyes with the visuals of the iconic and the historical landmarks such as Singapore river, Raffles place, Merlion Park and Empress place.
- Enjoy the majestic view and you will be greeted by the waves and waters that brought spices from ancient lands to Singapore.
- Enjoy a 30 minutes ride on Singapore flyer of one rotation before ending the tour.
- The time slot starts at 08:30 AM and ends at 10:30 PM.
The Singapore Flyer
is a giant Ferris wheel in Singapore.
Diameter: Singapore Flyer is 150 metres in diameter – about the length of 87 Singaporean men lying down head-to-toe. The average Singaporean man is 1.72m tall.
Height: Singapore Flyer measures 165 metres in height – about the height of a 42-storey building. To amuse your child, describe the height as “31 male giraffes stacked on top of one another”. The average height of a giraffe is 5.3 metres.
Capsule size: Each capsule is 4 metres x 7 metres – about the size of a city bus. There are 28 capsules. Each capsule can carry up to 28 passengers.
Speed it travels: 0.24m per second, or 0.76km/h.
Total capacity per revolution: 784 passengers
Boarding: To board the capsule, you use the “step on platform” – it’s like walking on level ground into the capsule. There are two synchronised doors and two platforms on each side – making it easy for the elderly and those in wheelchairs to get on and off.
Rotation: Each rotation is about 30 minutes.
Smooth Rotation: Singapore Flyer is designed and built to rotate smoothly under various wind conditions at high altitudes – thanks to precision wind engineering.
View Radius: On board Singapore Flyer, you can see up to 45 kilometres away – that’s 3 kilometres more than the entire length of our island city. From the Flyer, you’ll be able to see Changi Airport, Sentosa Island, and even parts of Malaysia and Indonesia.
Places you can see from the Flyer:
- Collyer Quay
- Raffles Place
- The Fullerton Singapore
- Esplanade - Theatres On The Bay
- Merlion Park
- Empress Place
- Singapore River
- Fort Canning Park
- The Float @ Marina Bay
- F1 Circuit
- The Helix Bridge
- Youth Olympic Park
- Marina Barrage
- Marina Bay Sands Integrated Resort