About Geger Beach
Geger Beach is a hidden paradise located in Nusa Dua which is not like the other beaches in Bali. This is a quiet beach which is known as an ideal place for swimming, fishing and sunbathing.This pristine beach is located at the eastern coast of Nusa Dua which is situated in the vicinity of the traditional village called Pemige, Desa Sawangan.
The Geger beach is an extension of the Southern beach in Nusa Dua. Beyond its surreal beauty the beach is also famous for a huge temple named the Geger Dalem Pemutih which stands facing the shore. It is said that the name of the Geger beach is taken from the name of this temple. The Geger beach is a perfect location to enjoy a peaceful vacation due to its isolated location.
There are two sides of the beach - North and South. The northern side of the Geger beach Bali is famous for enjoying a relaxing sunbath and also for renting water sports equipment rental like snorkeling gear, scuba diving gear and surfboards. And alongside this, there are many resorts located at the north side of Geger beach which offers a relaxing stay.
Whereas the southern part of Geger beach is known for its two luxurious resorts - St. Regis Bali Resort and the Mulia Resort. In comparison to the Northern side, the Southern side witnesses few visitors. In Nusa Dua, Gegger Beach is a must visit attraction which has a vast variety of things to do and nearby attractions which are worth a visit. To experience the best of the Gegger beach in Bali, here is a handy guide to explore.
How to Reach Geger Beach
The Geger beach is located 15 kilometres from the Ngurah Rai International Airport. It takes around 30 minutes to reach the beach and people can take a taxi from the airport or hire a Blue Bird Taxi which runs on meter which comes out to be quite cost-effective.
Best Time to Visit Geger Beach
The best time to visit Geger beach is during the early morning hours when the tide is gentle and one can enjoy the surreal view of the beautiful blue turquoise water. While the visitors can visit Bali during the months of April to October and enjoy the dry weather alongwith the tropical view of the Geger beach.
During this time, people can enjoy the various activities which take place around the beach.
What Not to Miss at Geger Beach
1. Museum Pasifika: This is an important art museum which was founded by artist Moetaryanto P and Phillipe Augier. Established in 2006, this place is known for representing the Asian Pacific’s variant of cultural artefacts. Here are around 600 artworks which are created by 200 artists coming from 25 different countries.
- Timings: 10AM-6PM
- Location: Complex Bali Tourism Development Corporation (BTDC) Area Block P, Benoa, Kuta Sel., Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80363, Indonesia.
2. Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park: This 21-story monument of the lord Vishnu riding the Garuda located near the Geger beach is a must-visit attraction. When visiting this cultural park, there are many zones which offers unlimited entertainment like the Garuda Cinema. Here people can watch Balinese movie and learn about the history of the place.
- Timings: 8AM-9PM
- Location: Jl. Raya Uluwatu, Ungasan, Kuta Sel., Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80364, Indonesia
3. Waterblow: The waterblow is quite a romantic attraction located in Nusa Dua which is actually nature's finest work of art. This is a perfect place where people can take photographs and also enjoy the beautiful views of the waves crashing the limestone edges.
- Location: Peninsula Island, Nusa Dua, Indonesia.
4. Geger Temple: While at the Geger beach, the Geger temple is a must visit attraction in Nusa Dua. This is a historical temple which is trapped by the lush-greenery. There are tropical trees which encircle the cliff and give a surreal view of the Indian Ocean.
- Location: Geger beach, Nusa Dua
5. Padang Padang Beach: The local name of Padang Padang beach is Pantai Labuan Sait which is one of the most famous places for surfing spots. Located at the north western side of Bukit Peninsula island, this beach is perfect for taking an adventurous break.
- Location: The Padang Padang beach is located at Jalan Labuan Sait No.73, Pecatu, South Kuta, Badung regency.
Things To Do At Geger Beach
1. Swimming: The Geger beach is considered as one of the best and ideal beaches for swimming as the depth of the sea is very shallow. This place is also safe for kids to swim.
2. Surfing And Snorkeling: Snorkeling and Surfing is another activity for which this beach is famous. For surfing one has to rent a boat as the snorkeling and surfing locations are around 200 meters away from the shoreline.
3. Sunbathing: While Snorkeling and Swimming is indeed very famous at the Greger beach, but due to its isolation sunbathing is another option which travelers can experience. One can rent a sundeck for IDR 50,000 along with a towel for IDR 25,000. People can also find outdoor showers which can be used after playing by the beach.
Other Essential Information About Geger Beach
1. Location: Benoa, South Kuta, Badung, Bali
2. Price: (for locals and for foreigners) IDR 3,000 per person
Places to Stay near Geger Beach
1. Inaya Putri Bali Resort: Located by the surreal compound of Nusa Dua, Inaya Putri Bali is a famous beachfront resort. Along with the luxurious interiors and modern hospitality, this place is an ideal location to witness the Balinese culture.
- Location: Kawasan Wisata Nusa Dua Lot S-3, Benoa, Kec. Kuta Sel., Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80363, Indonesia.
2. Melia Bali: Melia is another luxurious accommodation near Geger beach, Nusa Dua. Located just 20 minutes drive from Bali airport, this place ensures that its visitors enjoy a relaxing vacation while enjoying the tradition and culture of Bali.
- Location: Kawasan Pariwisata ITDC Lot 1, Jl. Raya Nusa Dua Selatan, Benoa, South Kuta, Badung Regency, Bali 80363, Indonesia.
3. Ayodya Resort Bali: Ayodya Resort Bali is itself a definition of comfort and luxury which is blended perfectly with the traditional cultures of Bali. Situated at a distance of 20 minutes from the airport and alongside that there are relaxing spas and local attractions to explore.
- Location: Jalan Pantai Mengiat, Nusa Dua, Benoa, Kec. Kuta Sel., Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80363, Indonesia.
Places To Eat At Geger Beach
1. Nusa Dua Beach Grill: For enjoying a budget meal, Nusa Dua Beach Grill is one of the best places to eat at Geger beach. With beachfront views and delicious servings of seafood and grilled meats, everything is available here at an affordable price.
2. Nusa Dua Pizza Restaurant: Try out the delicious Italian delicacy in Bali dining at this famous Pizza restaurant in Nusa Dua. They offer a classic taste of the pizza that is cooked on a wood fire to give the exact smokey taste.
3. Ketut’s BBQ Kitchen Restaurant: Ketut’s BBQ Kitchen is the ideal place to enjoy the home-style flavor of ribs, barbeque and classic Indonesian fare. Alongside that the seating there is quite laid back which lets the tourists enjoy a relaxing time.
4. Nyoman’s Beer Garden: Nyoman’s Beer Garden is a place where people can find a blend of Asian and German cuisine. Starting off from the rice to Indonesian dishes, there is a vast variety of European style meals.