Ladakh has several experiences for travelers, spirituality being one of them. This 5 day Ladakh package is meant for those seeking spirituality in Ladakh along with a bit of trekking. It takes you through some of the oldest and historical important monasteries of Ladakh, starting with the iconic Lamayuru Monastery and ending at Alchi.
The trek gives you an opportunity to appreciate the beauty that surrounds the monasteries; and of course, to interact with the monks and gain some wisdom from them.
Day 1: Drive from Leh to Lamayuru and then trek to Wanla
Day 2: Arrive at the Ursi village to reach the camp.
Day 3: Trek through Tarla to reach the camp.
Day 4: Descent to Man Gyu village.
Day 5: Trek to Alchi and drive back to Leh
- Lamayuru Monastery
- Indus River
- Sham Valley
- Alchi Monastery
- Accommodation in Camps
- All transportation by Toyota Qualis, Innova or Scorpio
- Two men tent, Kitchen and dinning tents
- Kitchen equipments and Toilet Tent
- Stool, Table and mattresses
- Food veg and non-veg
- Cook, helper and guide
- Horses for Luggage
- Any flight tickets and any Accommodation except Padum and Kargil
- No accommodation in Leh is included in Trekking Packages
- Sleeping Bags, trekking shoes and clothing
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
- Any thing not specifically mentioned under the head Prices Included
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls
- Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated)
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control
Size of Group: Min 3
Highest Point: Tarla 5250 m
Grade: Medium bit hard and step while climbing Tarla
Exact Price is subject to vary based on the following parameters
- Type of accommodation chosen / available
- Number of people travelling
- Activities possible and availability
- Changes in government fee on entry and taxes
- Taxes of 3.09% extra on the package price
- Credit card fee as per payment gateway charges
Been on this Tour? Tell us about it.
Be the first to review this tour
Day 01: Leh - Lamayuru - Wanla 3250 m (3-4 hrs)
We drive from Leh in the morning towards Lamayuru (3 hrs) along the Indus River through Sham valley. After visiting the Lamayuru monastery, we pack our backpacks, watch the horses get ready and set off for our first day's trek. After following the stream for some time, we will gradually move up to the small pass of Prinkti La (3750m). We will then walk down a narrow gorge to the small village of Shilla, and the last 3 kms will take us to Wanla (3250m).
Day 02: Wanla - base of Tarla 4200 m (8 hrs)
On this day we will follow the dusty road along the river's left bank and arrive at the small village of Phenjilla (3410 m). From Phenjilla, we will follow the left side of the valley along a small stream for around an hour and arrive at the scattered Ursi village. We will walk a little further to arrive at our campsite.
Day 03: Base of Tarla -Tar (6-7 hrs)
The trail from the camp is clear but challenging as we will have to trek up and down a few times before reaching the Tarla (5250 m). Our hard labor will be rewarded with the splendid view of the mountains around. Climbing down is difficult due to a mass of fallen rocks strewn about. It takes 3-4 hrs for us to reach our campsite at the village of Tar.
Day 04: Tar - Mang Gyu (4-5 hrs)
From Tar, the path heads up along the mountainside to a small pass. We will have an easy descent to Man Gyu village, where there are traditional Ladakhi houses and an ancient monastery worth visiting. It is believed that the monasteries of the Mang Gyu and Alchi were built on the same day.
Day 05: Mang Gyu - Alchi - Leh.
We will end our last day by walking down a very beautiful narrow valley covered with rosebushes all along the path. We will reach the village of Gera, where well find our vehicle waiting to take us back to Leh. But before that we will visit the beautiful and famous monasteries of Alchi and Likir.
WHY BOOK WITH US?
YOU ARE OUR #1 PRIORITY
We're absolutely dedicated to helping you discover local experiences, getaways, and the gear you need to get out there.
As a booking platform, we support you at all times during your booking and most importantly during your trip.
HASSLE FREE EXPERIENCE
We assure you a delightful and hassle free booking experience at the click of your mouse.
CHANGED YOUR MIND?
We have enough experiences for multiple destinations. You can cancel and shop for another one.
Grab some exciting deals to some offbeat destinations.
WIN A FREE TRIP
This month you can win: