Let the Vroom Roar: India Bike Week 2017
Mark your presence at the Biggest Biker Rave in Asia- India Bike Week 2017 at Vagator in Goa for a maddening weekend. The much-awaited event, which is the fifth edition of India Bike Week is going to take place on the 24th and 25th of November.
For all the bikers out there, this event promises a motoring heaven with the greatest adventures, legendary motorcyclists and wackiest creations on two wheels.
1. What’s In Store For You At India Bike Week 2017?
With Thrillophilia as the Adventure Partner for this Motoring Bonanza, India Bike Week 2017 has a host of interesting events for a weekend of pretty serious mayhem. The sexiest bike rave in Asia is all set to witness a migration of all the adventure bikers out there to celebrate a week of riding, brotherhood, bikes, music and biking heaven and so should you.
Here’s all what you can expect from the India Bike Week 2017:
Over 20,000 Bikers from 280 Riding Clubs:
Yes! You read it right that more than 20,000 bikers are going to congregate for this incredible biker festival. The annual event will host over 280 pan Indian and Asian riding clubs to bring the biking brotherhood alive.
Best Flat-Track-Timed Laps:
One of the highlights of IBW is going to be a Purpose-built Flat Track Harley-Davidson Street 750 by Rajputana Custom. The fastest rider on the clock will go home with a prize of ₹25,000.
A Gamut of Competitions:
The two-day event is jam-packed with a series of mini events and not leaving you with any idle moment. Some of the competitions to look forward for are Indian Bike Build Off featuring crazy bike creations and Dyno Wars to test your bike’s true power output.
There is Burn Out and Loudest Bike competitions too with some awesome prizes in store while the IBW Festival features the most fascinating stories of bike trips.
Music, Dance and Art:
After all the bike frenzy, there is no lack of cultural extravaganza at IBW. Moto Art Project to take some inspiration for your next motorcycle art. Some other awesome attractions will be live music, karaoke and stand up performances while the international DJs won’t give you any moments of boredom with their grooviest music.
Learn a Few Life Skills On Your Bike:
Triumph Tiger Trail at IBW 2017 will be hosted by Triumph Motorcycles at the Enduring Track. Here you can get to learn the exciting and adventurous basics of off-road to learning a few life skills by signing up for the classes.
Fascinating Motorcycle Stories:
India Bike Week is going to leave you inspired with some awe-inspiring stories of great bikers. The line-up of speakers at IBW include a plethora of personalities like Vinod Rawat, Melissa Pierson, Kumar Shah and Dhruv Dholakia.
A Street to Ride for the Mouth-Watering Food:
Nicole Mody, food curator and author will curate Eat Street which will feature street food specialists, home chefs, food trucks, Goan food, kebab & barbecue experts and much more.
A Biker Mart for your World Class Gears:
At IBW, you can look forward to the world’s best biking and accessory brands to showcase world-class gear at the all-new Biker Mart and Expo. The Biker Mart will showcase over 100 bike accessory shops including Performance Racing Store, Outdoor Travel Gear, Rynox, Big Bad Bikes, High Note and more.
2. Who All Will You Get A Chance To Meet Here?
The celebration of biking and adventure at India Bike Week 2017 is no joke when it comes to bringing together the most fascinating people on the stage. At India Bike Week 2017, you will get an opportunity to meet the fastest and the best riders who have traversed the globe on two wheels for their adventurous quest.
Here is the line-up of Iconic Speakers you’ll get a chance to hear at India Bike Week:
- Freddie Spencer: One of the greatest and youngest world champions of the 80’s and popularly known as Fast Freddie, he’ll be one of the biggest attractions this year.
- Vinod Rawat: He is famous for having the world’s first biker club for the specially-abled in 2010. He was selected for MTV Roadies 2004 and holds the repute for scaling the peaks of Maharashtra and Himalayas with his prosthetic limb.
- Kumar Shah: Vadodara-based Kumar Shah is renowned for his ambitious bike expedition which he called the Silk Odyssey. He rode off from Vadodara across various nations to London.
- Melissa Pierson: A lifelong motorcycling enthusiasts, Melissa Pearson has brought alive her personal experiences on the bike with her books like “The Perfect Vehicle: What Is It About Motorcycles”.
- Ravi Verma: Enthused by a documentary on the routine life of Indian Army soldiers serving the sensitive LOC area, Verma took on a solo journey across India to collect thank-you messages for the Indian Army.
- Leslie Porterfield: She is the Fastest Woman on a Motorcycle according to the Guinness Book of World Records’. Besides her records, she is known for her business acumen and speediest motorcycle designs.
- Dilip Muralidaran: He is a living example of how he defeated cerebral palsy and bad gait for his love of biking. If he is not spending his hard-earned money on duty-free shopping and camera gear, he would be caught spending it on motorcycling gear.
- Neel Jagtap: He is the first biker to take Rajdoot GTS to Ladakh and he along with his mates were the first one to complete 800 kms on a Yezdi in 16 hours last year. He has a group of more than 500 members across India and on a mission to build an international community.
- Pooja Dabhi: A legendary inspiration for lady bikers, Pooja Dhabi holds fame for adding a number of destinations to her biking adventures. Her grit and achievements span across India and many other countries around the world.
3. Where To Get Your Tickets For The Extravaganza?
To celebrate riding with the greatest bikers and enjoy a carnival of bikes with music, dance and competitions, you can book your tickets in Just ₹ 950 – 1,750.
4. A Blast From The Past: Glimpses From Last Years
Since its first edition in 2013, India Bike Week has come full circle with the participation almost doubling over in a few years. Last year, the 4th edition of India Bike Week last year saw a participation of more than 12,000 bikers. The two days of mayhem and displays of biking adventures has made this event the biggest bike rave not only in the country but the continent.
For the biking enthusiasts, India Bike Week has become a home for World Biking. The festival brought together the biking brotherhood and this year it promises many international names like Leslie Porterfield and Freddie Spencer marking their presence. With more brands, more women riders and more extravaganza, India Bike Week has become a heaven for all adventure junkies.
Join India Bike Week 2017 in Goa and Go Wild at the Home of World Biking!
Bringing back the vigor of younger days, the once-in-a-lifetime experience will make you come across breathtaking sights. It also gives you the much-needed nudge to be physically fit before you even get there. Explore Ladakh like never before on our Ladakh Tours and also check out a road trip to Leh only on Thrillophilia